Hamilton v St Mirren 22/9/18

faraway saint

26 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

How about you just getting on with supporting the team the way you guys do so well but without the side shows that endanger the solidarity of the support?  I'm sure that it's not your aim to do that. COYS

If endangering the solidarity is calling out someone hiding behind a forum calling me a liar then so be it. 

5 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Not getting carried away...... you are referencing team selection as a huge difference between Stubbs and OK when OK has only picked one team!

Too early to judge anything especially when the only evidence is one good half against Celtic.  

We have a squad that is very imbalanced and we will need to rely on some of Stubbs signings along the way. 

Yes Oran only picked one team only in the door 4 days and made sweeping changes. Look up Stubbs team at Hearts , Livie , .Aberdeen and compare that to the team that played Celtic. 

1 hour ago, Mr Zo said:

My wee nephew is only 12 and is keen to go to the game today. Am I right in reading it will cost him £12 to get in? That seems incredibly expensive for Hamilton. I thought they were a good family club encouraging youngsters along to games.

From what I can see that's right, I'm taking my two kids who are 6 and 4 to their first away game and it's going to cost £46 quid, unless there is a cheaper parent and child gate.

17 minutes ago, Hendo said:

From what I can see that's right, I'm taking my two kids who are 6 and 4 to their first away game and it's going to cost £46 quid, unless there is a cheaper parent and child gate.

Ufff, that can't be right. Surely they can't charge that money to take a 4 year old in with you?

Hamilton's home support seems to be little over 1000....starting to see why!

6 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Happy with a draw....delighted if we win

gutted if we lose

Exactly. Nice to be this excited about a game again though! Stubbs and chums had really brought spirits crashing down....this feels like a big one already.

We have to be honest, with the mismanagement of the squad over the summer it is going to be difficult to get away from the relegation zone. A win here would be a huge result. There are some pockets of quality in the team, really looking forward to seeing how effective Kearney is in forming them into a unit.

Yes Oran only picked one team only in the door 4 days and made sweeping changes. Look up Stubbs team at Hearts , Livie , .Aberdeen and compare that to the team that played Celtic. 
Sorry I have to agree let's take it one game at a time as we are still playing without a winger in the team and defence is still ropey in my opinion

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sweeping changes...... recalling the fit again right back that had played most of the games under Stubbs, moving a recent Stubbs signing from Right back to left back where he had been signed to play, dropping a centre forward because he was unwell and starting a new signing. 

Other than Ferdinand all of the team that played against Celtic played at various points in the games you mention. He didn’t bring anyone in from the cold.

I’m no Stubbs apologist, I’m glad he has gone but let’s not get carried away. OK still needs to prove he is up to the job, being not as bad as Stubbs doesn’t mean he will be good enough. 

Encouraging start but that is all it was, my initial point was that arguably  Stubbs had an equally encouraging start. 

21 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Sweeping changes...... recalling the fit again right back that had played most of the games under Stubbs, moving a recent Stubbs signing from Right back to left back where he had been signed to play, dropping a centre forward because he was unwell and starting a new signing. 

Other than Ferdinand all of the team that played against Celtic played at various points in the games you mention. He didn’t bring anyone in from the cold.

I’m no Stubbs apologist, I’m glad he has gone but let’s not get carried away. OK still needs to prove he is up to the job, being not as bad as Stubbs doesn’t mean he will be good enough. 

Encouraging start but that is all it was, my initial point was that arguably  Stubbs had an equally encouraging start. 

I thought our opening game against Kilmarnock was one in which we played very well and could have won.  I thought our game against Celtic is one in which we played well and could have won.  Each could have been an example of " New Manager Bounce". Time will tell, starting today with a tough away game. 

Not getting carried away...... you are referencing team selection as a huge difference between Stubbs and OK when OK has only picked one team!
Too early to judge anything especially when the only evidence is one good half against Celtic.  
We have a squad that is very imbalanced and we will need to rely on some of Stubbs signings along the way. 
Agree. I dot believe all Stubbs signings to be bad. I'm sure some will flourish into good players (for us) under the guidance of our new management team.

5 hours ago, Suggestion said:

Hahahahaha we think we’re the glue. 

I think your on the glue, where have I lied about anything? 

How about you come and show me today at Hamilton or will you continue to hide behind your name on this? 

Lol 

You know exactly what I am talking about so stop treating other posters as though they are stupid.

You need to grow up Josh.

Edited by oaksoft

13 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
5 hours ago, Mr Zo said:
My wee nephew is only 12 and is keen to go to the game today. Am I right in reading it will cost him £12 to get in? That seems incredibly expensive for Hamilton. I thought they were a good family club encouraging youngsters along to games.

Minimal concessions too... Theiving b******ds!

They have a bit of a shortfall to make up:lol: