Hamilton v St Mirren 22/9/18

faraway saint

That was disappointing, however, it’s going to be a long road until we are in any sort of decent shape. We simply don’t have good enough players and OK needs to find a way to make us more competitive with what he has at his disposal.

All of the players who weren’t here last year are a downgrade on what we had in a lower division and those who were here are struggling with the step up.

Doesn’t help losing key players to injury as we’re so light at certain positions but we just have to keep going and try to eke some points out of somewhere to stay ahead of Dundee.

A wake up call today for the players that there’s a lot of work to be done. They wanted rid of Stubbs and got their way. Time to step up now.

Too many of them not at it today. As someone else said. Edwards was the only one shouting and bawling at the 3rd goal highlighting how unaccetable it was that we’re losing the first ball and then 3 players not getting close to getting a challenge in. 

That was the story of the day. Not winning the first, second or third ball. 

I thought we were pretty naive with our game plan. We tried to play into feet of Mullen, Smith, the guys that are normally good in tight positions. Problem is on that pitch you can’t get the ball out of your feet so Hamilton are all over you and then you start to hesitate and it just happens even worse. McGinn, Flynn,  all of them - all too easily dispossessed. 

Hamilton played simple, quick, direct football - one lay off and they were away. Balls into the corner that hold up on that pitch. They exploited the space - which is all you can do on that pitch.  We did that ever so well on the plastic at Palmerston but that was with Lewis Morgan as our out ball. We don’t have anyone to even attempt to do that job just now. :( 

Edited by Maboza

This was very similar to Livi away at the end of last season...they were hard, over the top at times, and harried us.

We couldn't cope then under Jack Ross. We couldn't cope today under OK.

Loss of Magennis was a major factor.

Warm up loss of Baird compounded that.

My biggest worry though is that it was patently obvious the midfield ran up the white flag and lost the battle.

It should have been changed at half time but wasn't.

Failing that, tactics had to change to miss out the midfield but weren't.

Bad day at the office and a missed opportunity.

Wasn’t at that today thankfully, by f**k that’s a shocking scoreline. Pumped by Accies? Accies??

That’s our worst result of the season for sure.

The football club’s in a fair shambles clearly. Let’s hope Gus can sort it out before it’s too late.
I think losing till Livingston at home was a worse result. Not just becausr of the result, but the performance.

Would take 11th now for sure.

Barring a miracle it’s between us and and Dundee for 12th.

The fear is they will surely outspend us in January. We can’t have much cash left after the Stubbs/Jackson debacle.

What a mess Scott has made of things.
I don't think so. OK will get this sorted and while we will be bottom 6, we will not be bottom, or 11th. (Thank you Dundee!)

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I said that at the time too , nothing against Jordan as I like to see him in the squad , but , and I'm assuming Jones was on the bench today , so he should have been on , and should have moved McGinn to RB and got the shape right at the back again .

Nope. Afraid not Billy. There were no CBs on the bench.

Don't panic Mr Mannering - at least not yet!
Can we put this down to just one of these days? After all, we had lost 3 players after 31 minutes from what would have been our starting lineup (not to mention those that are already on the injured list).
Or are we really as bad as Elvis makes out?
Did the plastic pitch play a part ?

Terrible performance after the 1st goal the team gave up.

Really disappointed in Stephen McGinn today.

Thought Kirkpatrick was the wrong sub to make also.

Interesting. Have not been to any games yet this season so cannot talk with any accuracy, however, this is the first time I have seen criticism of S McGinn - and perhaps this is warranted.

He was a stand out last year and needs to maintain that level this season. Or be dropped.

Very poor today with no plus points. I thought we were alright up till Hamilton's first goal but after that we quickly fell apart and lost our shape. Our 'tactics ' seemed to be to launch the ball long for Mullen time after time , with no success. Obviously the injuries pre match  didn't help matters,  but that was disjointed at best. 

Edited by munoz

That was disappointing, however, it’s going to be a long road until we are in any sort of decent shape. We simply don’t have good enough players and OK needs to find a way to make us more competitive with what he has at his disposal.

All of the players who weren’t here last year are a downgrade on what we had in a lower division and those who were here are struggling with the step up.

Doesn’t help losing key players to injury as we’re so light at certain positions but we just have to keep going and try to eke some points out of somewhere to stay ahead of Dundee.
And Dundee will continue to be worse than us until they change manager

A wake up call today for the players that there’s a lot of work to be done. They wanted rid of Stubbs and got their way. Time to step up now.
Too many of them not at it today. As someone else said. Edwards was the only one shouting and bawling at the 3rd goal highlighting how unaccetable it was that we’re losing the first ball and then 3 players not getting close to getting a challenge in. 
That was the story of the day. Not winning the first, second or third ball. 
I thought we were pretty naive with our game plan. We tried to play into feet of Mullen, Smith, the guys that are normally good in tight positions. Problem is on that pitch you can’t get the ball out of your feet so Hamilton are all over you and then you start to hesitate and it just happens even worse. McGinn, Flynn,  all of them - all too easily dispossessed. 
Hamilton played simple, quick, direct football - one lay off and they were away. Balls into the corner that hold up on that pitch. They exploited the space - which is all you can do on that pitch.  We did that ever so well on the plastic at Palmerston but that was with Lewis Morgan as our out ball. We don’t have anyone to even attempt to do that job just now. [emoji20] 

When are you replacing OK ?

This was very similar to Livi away at the end of last season...they were hard, over the top at times, and harried us.

We couldn't cope then under Jack Ross. We couldn't cope today under OK.

Loss of Magennis was a major factor.

Warm up loss of Baird compounded that.

My biggest worry though is that it was patently obvious the midfield ran up the white flag and lost the battle.

It should have been changed at half time but wasn't.

Failing that, tactics had to change to miss out the midfield but weren't.

Bad day at the office and a missed opportunity.
Big opportunity lost