Hamilton v St Mirren 22/9/18

faraway saint

Not long back from sitting through 90mins of dross. Some players should hang their heads in shame. Nothing up front. A midfield that can't handle the battle. I know were unlucky with injuries. But you still believe your team to give 100%. But it never happened. Dismal display.
All players must give 100% ever game.

Just in. That was grim viewing today. Did anyone get a decent look at the challenge that ended Coulson’s afternoon? Looked a bad one from a distance away through my black and white specs.
In saying that, too many of our players were not up for 50/50s today, which is unforgivable and they really struggled getting the pace right on their passes on that excuse of a pitch. What a turnaround of emotions after last week.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:
1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
Fair enough. Not according to the Sky Sports App when I looked in befuddlement when the decision was made to play McGinn at CB. They must have had their information wrong.

He wasn't in the original squad but was called up at the last minute when Baird pulled out.

OK. That’s a black mark against Kearney then in my book.

I, and all of the people I was with today were very confident of a victory given the transformation we witnessed on Friday.  Well, how things can change!

Much of our play was, just...unacceptable.  If we don't have the skills the opposition have then I can accept that.  What I don't accept is the white flag waved midway through the second half - the team gave up.  The passing and motivation went missing and since no blame can now be leveled against Stubbs there is nowhere to hide.  McGinn failed to show himself as an example to his team mates in both motivation and accurate passing.  And talking about the pitch, don't make that an excuse.

Oran, if you are reading this please tell Anton when the goalkeeper is kicking the ball out, he should be looking back at him.  If Sammy miskicks the ball, Anton would have no idea as he walks up the pitch without looking back.  The ball go go anywhere even hitting the back of his head and he wouldn't have a clue.

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans

Fair enough. Not according to the Sky Sports App when I looked in befuddlement when the decision was made to play McGinn at CB. They must have had their information wrong.

Yeah I was pretty sure also I didn’t see him on the team sheet when I 1st seen it online but noticed him warming up.. not sure if it was a late inclusion after Baird got injured but would have thought it was too late to do that.

26 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
1 hour ago, DLBud said:
That was disappointing, however, it’s going to be a long road until we are in any sort of decent shape. We simply don’t have good enough players and OK needs to find a way to make us more competitive with what he has at his disposal.

All of the players who weren’t here last year are a downgrade on what we had in a lower division and those who were here are struggling with the step up.

Doesn’t help losing key players to injury as we’re so light at certain positions but we just have to keep going and try to eke some points out of somewhere to stay ahead of Dundee.

And Dundee will continue to be worse than us until they change manager

The worry is we've already changed manager. 

I, and all of the people I was with today were very confident of a victory given the transformation we witnessed on Friday.  Well, how things can change!
Much of our play was, just...unacceptable.  If we don't have the skills the opposition have then I can accept that.  What I don't accept is the white flag waved midway through the second half - the team gave up.  The passing and motivation went missing and since no blame can now be leveled against Stubbs there is nowhere to hide.  McGinn failed to show himself as an example to his team mates in both motivation and accurate passing.  And talking about the pitch, don't make that an excuse.
Oran, if you are reading this please tell Anton when the goalkeeper is kicking the ball out, he should be looking back at him.  If Sammy miskicks the ball, Anton would have no idea as he walks up the pitch without looking back.  The ball go go anywhere even hitting the back of his head and he wouldn't have a clue.

On holiday wasn’t at the game but on the pitches IMO it should be one or the other. I’ve never enjoyed watching a game on plastic pitches.

I think losing till Livingston at home was a worse result. Not just becausr of the result, but the performance.

Was the performance better today?

This was worse for me. Livi are clearly quite good, they’re 3rd in the league for goodness sake.

Accies were 10th and we were 11th this morning. Yet they pumped us.

Bottom line is we are paying big time for the appointment of Stubbs and his subsequent signings most of whom are now not in the squad and all of whom are simply no where near the quality required for this league. This squad is far worse than the one that won the Championship. And we all knew we needed to add quality to have any chance of staying up. Stand by what I said in another thread. This team will not win another game in the league this year. That's how bad we are. No quality, no heart, no pace, no leaders. no goals. Today a team who will probably be in the bottom 3 beat us so easily it was embarrassing.

Relegation (barring a miracle in the January window) is a certainty. Bought a season ticket on the back of the feel good of the last 18 months and feel really let down. Look at the support we took to Hamilton today. They deserve so much better. 

This was worse for me. Livi are clearly quite good, they’re 3rd in the league for goodness sake.

Have not attended any games this season, and a few weeks before I do so cannot compare performances. Really disappointed that we didn't turn up today, especially after Friday (although let's not forget that Celtic were very poor)

Made myself useful doing chores around the house and settled down with a beer at 6pm to watch ‘as live’ on BBC Teuchter without knowing a thing about how it went. After a reasonably even opening fifteen minutes, quickly became second-best. Nothing in midfield, nothing up top, no threat, and shaky in defence. I refuse to criticise Oran Kearney. He has come into a shambles of a situation where a championship winning side lost a good manager, employed a charlatan, and recruited extremely badly. We have too many lower level lightweight loanees, and a 75k signing doing the square root of fcuk-all. WTF is the point of King, Kellerman, Cooke, Heaton... If Oran Kearney (and Rice / MacPherson) can avoid finishing bottom or second-bottom with this squad, then I tip my hat to them, for performing a magic act that knocks Oran’s mate’s tricks into a cocked hat. We deseperately need a Shuggie, a Broadfoot, a DVZ, folk who look like they care, or at least know something about the badge on their shirt.

On a positive note, watching on BBC Teuchter enabled me to learn the Gaelic for ‘shite’. Turns out it’s ‘Brock Madsen’. Who’d have thought?

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Made myself useful doing chores around the house and settled down with a beer at 6pm to watch ‘as live’ on BBC Teuchter without knowing a thing about how it went. After a reasonably even opening fifteen minutes, quickly became second-best. Nothing in midfield, nothing up top, no threat, and shaky in defence. I refuse to criticise Oran Kearney. He has come into a shambles of a situation where a championship winning side lost a good manager, employed a charlatan, and recruited extremely badly. If Oran Kearney (and Rice / MacPherson) can avoid finishing bottom or second-bottom, then I tip my hat to them, for performing a magic act that knocks Oran’s mate’s tricks into a cocked hat.

On a positive note, watching on BBC Teuchter enabled me to learn the Gaelic for ‘shite’. Turns out it’s ‘Brock Madsen’. Who’d have thought?

He won a header (honest I saw it with my own eyes!!) and got the biggest cheer of the day!!! Sums the day up really! :thumbsdown

32 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
37 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Have not attended any games this season, and a few weeks before I do so cannot compare performances. Really disappointed that we didn't turn up today, especially after Friday (although let's not forget that Celtic were very poor)

You should be ashamed, PRicky, get him. :wink:

That was a day to forget. Players didn’t look interested. Went through the motions and gone was the fought and determination from last week. Make no mistake this Hamilton team will e in the bottom two and were nervous at the start yet we handed them a victory. It’s clear Stubbs has been absolutely hopeless in the transfer market and we will need a massive January to survive- yet it should also be said Mullen, Flynn and Kirkpatrick look like they are struggling to make the grade in Scotland’s top division. We need to cling on in there until January where it looks like another massive turnover of players will be the only thing that saves us. I listened to Tony Fitzpatrick two weeks ago say that we had a four year plan but jack Ross swept us up in 18 months and now we as a club are playing catch up? Sorry Tony but that is shit how are Livingston with 700 season ticket holders managing to do things we can frankly only dream of. The board must be holding their heads at allowing Stubbs to take a wrecking ball to our hopes. Hamilton also less than 1000 home fans yet the absolutely pump us. Yet we back the team with over 3.5 books sold and this is what we get. It’s not Oran’s fault but the board need to accept they are responsible for some of this too. Stubbs might be gone but the problems remain. Fingers crossed Oran has a bit of magic up hos sleeve . P. S I was v proud of our team last Friday night but today that was absolutely unacceptable 

Edited by norrie82

Where do I start? First of all there was the arguments at the gates about student concessions, club website said students get in on a concession, stewards and turnstile staff were having none of it. Then the “emergency situation please leave the stadium” announcement for twenty minutes, if only I had known they were warning me to leave the stadium as there were 90 minutes of trauma to follow then I might have left.

so main points of disappointment, we can’t defend and we can’t score goals. I could go through the whole analysis of the game but the bottom line comes to these 2 points.

The inconvient truth is that we don’t have a team with the requisite quality of player to compete in this league. We are on our second manger (so is Livingston) and from what I have seen (apart from 45 minutes when the cameras were on them last Friday) we have not attracted any quality signings to the club. 

Why? (Answers on a postcard please) I think there is a deeper problem with stmirren, you are not telling me that Hamilton/Livingston/stjohnstone are more attractive to players and managers than stmirren. 

My one ray of hope is that Oran can change things come January, however I don’t see us picking up many points before then. 

Probably fair.

We should have enough though already to compete & beat the likes of Hamilton.

I don't really think that is the case.

Our team last season struggled against every Premiership team we played. This team is a lot weaker than last seasons team (in my opinion). I don't think there are any gimme's in this league.