Hamilton v St Mirren 22/9/18

faraway saint

6 minutes ago, Hambud said:

I don't really think that is the case.

Our team last season struggled against every Premiership team we played. This team is a lot weaker than last seasons team (in my opinion). I don't think there are any gimme's in this league.

I agree about last season against Premiership teams and I think we are currently weaker after losing Morgan and Davis as well as to a lesser extent Reilly. Having said that I like the look of Edwards, McGinn and Hodson whom we brought in and Ferdinand looks OK paired with Jack Baird. 

The last minute change before the start and the subsequent changes all required players to play out if position. Doesn't excuse the 50/50 and second balls we lost or the misplaced passes when not under pressure. 

Improvement is both possible and needed.  Still missing an out and out winger.

I said this would be the real test and the players and management failed big time. Sammy was let down a little for the first goal after saving the first attempt. I wait to see it again but I felt the penalty was never one. That said. No one could doubt the better team won.  Once again a game was done by half time. That pitch though is still awful and should never be allowed in the top league.

7 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Where do I start? First of all there was the arguments at the gates about student concessions, club website said students get in on a concession, stewards and turnstile staff were having none of it. Then the “emergency situation please leave the stadium” announcement for twenty minutes, if only I had known they were warning me to leave the stadium as there were 90 minutes of trauma to follow then I might have left.

so main points of disappointment, we can’t defend and we can’t score goals. I could go through the whole analysis of the game but the bottom line comes to these 2 points.

The inconvient truth is that we don’t have a team with the requisite quality of player to compete in this league. We are on our second manger (so is Livingston) and from what I have seen (apart from 45 minutes when the cameras were on them last Friday) we have not attracted any quality signings to the club. 

Why? (Answers on a postcard please) I think there is a deeper problem with stmirren, you are not telling me that Hamilton/Livingston/stjohnstone are more attractive to players and managers than stmirren. 

My one ray of hope is that Oran can change things come January, however I don’t see us picking up many points before then. 

The new guy has been in the job for only a few days so let's cut him some slack. Back in 2015/16 JR didn't repair our inadequacies within his first few weeks in the manager's office  !!!

OK has been handed a Stubbs-created pig's ear with the remit to convert it into a silk purse. Tommy Cooper couldn't magic us up a winning team in such a short time. Oran's challenge is to rebuild a team (undo the damage done by Stubbs) in time to salvage our season and fend off relegation. Slowly and surely, rebuilding confidence, healing the dressing room schism (if it ever existed), establishing our strengths and eliminating our defensive frailties, recognising what is missing and identifying talent that can be brought in (in January if necessary), and establish a winning mentality.

A tough ask. Not an overnight proposition.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The new guy has been in the job for only a few days so let's cut him some slack. Back in 2015/16 JR didn't repair our inadequacies within his first few weeks in the manager's office  !!!

OK has been handed a Stubbs-created pig's ear with the remit to convert it into a silk purse. Tommy Cooper couldn't magic us up a winning team in such a short time. Oran's challenge is to rebuild a team (undo the damage done by Stubbs) in time to salvage our season and fend off relegation. Slowly and surely, rebuilding confidence, healing the dressing room schism (if it ever existed), establishing our strengths and eliminating our defensive frailties, recognising what is missing and identifying talent that can be brought in (in January if necessary), and establish a winning mentality.

A tough ask. Not an overnight proposition.

I agree with everything you said we have a hard road ahead 

24 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I agree about last season against Premiership teams and I think we are currently weaker after losing Morgan and Davis as well as to a lesser extent Reilly. Having said that I like the look of Edwards, McGinn and Hodson whom we brought in and Ferdinand looks OK paired with Jack Baird. 

The last minute change before the start and the subsequent changes all required players to play out if position. Doesn't excuse the 50/50 and second balls we lost or the misplaced passes when not under pressure. 

Improvement is both possible and needed.  Still missing an out and out winger.

I agree with this. Surely after today OK will be more tempted to take the punt on Cotterill?

He said during the week that it would take Cotterill a few weeks to get up to speed and he wasn't sure if it was worth it financially to take someone on who couldn't go straight in. 

I think today should confirm that we need to just sign him and if it takes him a few weeks to get up to speed then so be it.

Edited by LargsBud

6 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I agree with this. Surely after today OK will be more tempted to take the punt on Cotterill?

He said during the week that it would take Cotterill a few weeks to get up to speed and he wasn't sure if it was worth it financially to take someone on who couldn't go straight in. 

I think today should confirm that we need to just sign him and if it takes him a few weeks to get up to speed then so be it.

Ive been ill who is cotterill