Hamilton v St Mirren 22/9/18

faraway saint

In simple terms the team that started yesterday was weaker than any side we fielded last season.
None of that blame can be put on the new manager.
We had 2 right backs on the pitch and a centre mid playing at right back, I do know that Cammy has played a lot of his football out there however.
I think the fans are going to have to get right behind Coulson, he looks like the only player with pace and capable of taking a player on. He struggled postionally yesterday, but I think we’ll have to accept that for now.
In the same way Dummett did?
His positional sense was shocking for his first three months with us.

2 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Great Saints support yesterday despite overpriced entry (£12 for kids is a joke) and poor playing conditions.
Sadly we were given nothing to cheer about all day. Wont be back there, rip off.

Agreed. £46 for me and two weans to get entry, that tannoy annoying feck out of everyone and my daughter refusing to go to the toilet as they were minging, together with disappointment from them as we got to the front of the shop q to find they didn't sell hot dogs.

Then the game started, and they were so bored with the match that I gave them my phone to play games on, and they signed me up to a games website costing £4.50 a week and changed my screensaver to a picture of daddy pig.

What a shite day.

I think the point Kemp was making (and I’m sure you know this already) when he said “that’s not really the point though is it?” Is  that  it’s completely immaterial whether Stubbs’ assessment was accurate or not, the point is that it was an absolutely ridiculous comment to make to group of players you are meeting for the first time and hopefully trying to get onside. Regardless of whether we were a one man team last season or not, Stubbs is a f**king prick for saying that.

Did he actually say it though?

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Agreed. £46 for me and two weans to get entry, that tannoy annoying feck out of everyone and my daughter refusing to go to the toilet as they were minging, together with disappointment from them as we got to the front of the shop q to find they didn't sell hot dogs.

Then the game started, and they were so bored with the match that I gave them my phone to play games on, and they signed me up to a games website costing £4.50 a week and changed my screensaver to a picture of daddy pig.

What a shite day.

Didn’t cost me a penny, as I watched it ‘as live’ on BBC Teuchter. I wouldn’t darken Accies door with my presence, or give them a penny piece to sit on a stand not in one, in a two-sided shithole, with a shit playing surface and consistently shite catering. Unfortunately, I spunked £10 of the money I saved by not going yesterday on the new Paul Weller album, which is a load of old pish. Swings and roundabouts, some you win, some you lose.

10 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Did he actually say it though?

No idea. I wasn’t in the changing room. My post was based on the assumption he did. If he didn’t then the whole story is irrelevant.

For what it’s worth, I was surprised when I heard he’d said it. My view would have been that he was far to boring, disinterested, insipid and weak to have mustered up the nerve to say such a thing.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

It’s so clear that OK has inherited a bunch of misfits, the vast majority of which are not good enough to wear the stripes. He needs time to sort that. However, as others have said, the more experienced players need a shake. Both McGinns, Flynn, Hodson and Edwards were rank rotten yesterday and soundly outplayed by an Accies team spearheaded by Dougie f**king Imrie and that are knob Mackinnon.

The tactics were also inexcusable - which OK needs to shoulder some blame for - to see Sammy deliberately aiming every long ball at Mullen was inexcusable. Not to mention thick.

20 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

It’s so clear that OK has inherited a bunch of misfits, the vast majority of which are not good enough to wear the stripes. He needs time to sort that. However, as others have said, the more experienced players need a shake. Both McGinns, Flynn, Hodson and Edwards were rank rotten yesterday and soundly outplayed by an Accies team spearheaded by Dougie f**king Imrie and that are knob Mackinnon.

The tactics were also inexcusable - which OK needs to shoulder some blame for - to see Sammy deliberately aiming every long ball at Mullen was inexcusable. Not to mention thick.

This was a bit of a concern. We saw a return to the long ball tactic which we haven't seen for quite a few years. 

I hope it was just because the team were shite yesterday and managed to f**k everything up and not a tactic OK is planning on using. It made me realise that I know absolutely nothing about OK's style of play. We'll soon find out I suppose.

This was a bit of a concern. We saw a return to the long ball tactic which we haven't seen for quite a few years. 
I hope it was just because the team were shite yesterday and managed to f**k everything up and not a tactic OK is planning on using. It made me realise that I know absolutely nothing about OK's style of play. We'll soon find out I suppose.
I don't think we played nearly enough long ball yesterday!

We had no midfield so we had to change it or miss it out!

I reckon we did neither.

51 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Long ball is the ONLY tactic on those shitey pitches.

You still have to execute it properly of course.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

What a shite day.

My daughter is 10 now and generally watches the whole match now. When we were in the Family Stand when she was 4, 5,6,etc she got really fed up and we ended up playing I Spy during most games as well as counting every Plane coming in and out the Airport. 

I must admit, I hated going when I was 6,7,etc. I would have rather stayed at home playing football or whatever. 

My dad made me go. 

Now, I am delighted he did. 

50 minutes ago, shull said:

My daughter is 10 now and generally watches the whole match now. When we were in the Family Stand when she was 4, 5,6,etc she got really fed up and we ended up playing I Spy during most games as well as counting every Plane coming in and out the Airport. 

I must admit, I hated going when I was 6,7,etc. I would have rather stayed at home playing football or whatever. 

My dad made me go. 

Now, I am delighted he did. 

Ha Ha. You could be talking about me there Shull. My first games were when I was about 6 or 7 (which would’ve been around !972/73 time, 74 max). My Dad (who was a DOB) did one decent thing for me I suppose. I reckon I maybe went to about 4 or 5 games in the depths of the old Division 2 and all I remember was being freezing cold, bored stiff and playing tag with the other bored kids on the big empty East terracing, just to try to keep warm. 

It all really started for me in January 1977., when my 2 uncles took me back. It was a slightly different experience. St. Mirren 4 Dundee Utd 1. The rest was history as they say.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ha Ha. You could be talking about me there Shull. My first games were when I was about 6 or 7 (which would’ve been around !972/73 time, 74 max). My Dad (who was a DOB) did one decent thing for me I suppose. I reckon I maybe went to about 4 or 5 games in the depths of the old Division 2 and all I remember was being freezing cold, bored stiff and playing tag with the other bored kids on the big empty East terracing, just to try to keep warm. 

It all really started for me in January 1977., when my 2 uncles took me back. It was a slightly different experience. St. Mirren 4 Dundee Utd 1. The rest was history as they say.

What a game that was TP.  Good call by your uncles. 

What a load of nonsense you post, by the way.  
Anybody who believes Lewis Morgan won us the league alone needs some strong meds - shall I bother to run through the stats relating to Harry Davis and the goals against stats with and without him? Cammy Smith nominated for Champ POTY? Gavin Reilly’s goals? McGinn as a leader? Samson’s clean sheet run? Lewis made a big contribution but he was also guilty for going missing for periods of time. The league was won as a squad and saying anything otherwise is completely disrespectful to a bunch of players that done us a great turn.

You also consistently try and belittle Stephen McGinn’s influence, both this season and last. Worth pointing out to you that this ‘conveyor belt of talent’ you speak of - McLean and McGinn are only just playing at the level that McGinn played at successfully for many years - McGinn has been a success so far and no doubt he’ll go to the top: even Stephen admits this, McLean is injured and not playing currently, whilst Mallan got chewed up and spat out at that level and is now back in this league that you slag off constantly?

Whilst S. McGinn is not technically at the level of these guys, he gives 110% every game and it’s blatant he’s played at a far higher level. The influence he’s had on us the last 20 months is incredible and if we dropped him against Hibs next week you would notice something very horrifying!

Not really following this post. Are you saying Morgan wasn’t our best player last year? Of course he didn’t literally win the league himself. Had he not been playing for us I don’t think we would have won the league. I wouldn’t say that about any of the rest of our squad.

The majority of Reilly’s goals came in the cups. He was largely hopeless in the league and it was no surprised he was dropped toward the end of the season. He scored one league goal after the 6th of January, and that was at the end of the 5-0 game against Dumbarton. Vital to the title win?

If Reilly and Smith were as important to the league win as Morgan, why didn’t Celtic or other higher level clubs try sign them too? They’re of similar ages. The answer is a simple one; they’re not as good as Lewis is.

McGinn and McLean are only now playing at the level S McGinn played at successfully for many years? That’s just patently false. He had 38 appearances in the championship over a season and a half at Watford before he was dropped and ended up in League 1. Right before he came to us he wasn’t getting a game with League 2 Wycombe Wanderers. Let’s not pretend his career in England was something it wasn’t.

Mallan has 15 more career goals than S McGinn already. Despite being 7 years younger and playing almost 200 less games. McLean has 29 more goals. He comes up short however you measure him against our previous central midfielders.

Not only is he not as technically good or as much of a goal threat as any of them, he’s not even a strong leader/enforcer like Goodwin or Murray was. Was he giving 110% when he strolled around in a huff against Livi? The only time he looked interested in that match was when he sprinted to high five the subbed on Cammy Smith.

If we did drop him for the Hibs game, would it get much worse than being pumped 3-0 by Hamilton Accies? How?

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Not really following this post. Are you saying Morgan wasn’t our best player last year? Of course he didn’t literally win the league himself. Had he not been playing for us I don’t think we would have won the league. I wouldn’t say that about any of the rest of our squad.

The majority of Reilly’s goals came in the cups. He was largely hopeless in the league and it was no surprised he was dropped toward the end of the season. He scored one league goal after the 6th of January, and that was at the end of the 5-0 game against Dumbarton. Vital to the title win?

If Reilly and Smith were as important to the league win as Morgan, why didn’t Celtic or other higher level clubs try sign them too? They’re of similar ages. The answer is a simple one; they’re not as good as Lewis is.

McGinn and McLean are only now playing at the level S McGinn played at successfully for many years? That’s just patently false. He had 38 appearances in the championship over a season and a half at Watford before he was dropped and ended up in League 1. Right before he came to us he wasn’t getting a game with League 2 Wycombe Wanderers. Let’s not pretend his career in England was something it wasn’t.

Mallan has 15 more career goals than S McGinn already. Despite being 7 years younger and playing almost 200 less games. McLean has 29 more goals. He comes up short however you measure him against our previous central midfielders.

Not only is he not as technically good or as much of a goal threat as any of them, he’s not even a strong leader/enforcer like Goodwin or Murray was. Was he giving 110% when he strolled around in a huff against Livi? The only time he looked interested in that match was when he sprinted to high five the subbed on Cammy Smith.

If we did drop him for the Hibs game, would it get much worse than being pumped 3-0 by Hamilton Accies? How?

Lewis was outstanding.  S McGinn is a good player.  Therin lies the difference.  All players(Lewis included) have bad patches.  Some play through them.  

As others have said, it was a Stubbs like performance. Players clearly not up for the fight. Thought Captain McGinn  was missing the hole game. Dont know if our formation worked against us as Accies dominated the midfield. I feel we just have to hang onto the teams directly above us till January then hopefully OK can move some out and get some better quality in

16 hours ago, TopCat said:

What load of complete and utter bollocks!

Every team has a stand out player FFS. 

In a great Celtic team Henrik Larsson was a stand out player. In a great Rangers team Brian Laudrup was a stand out player. Johann Cruyff in the 1974 Dutch team. Pele for Brazil. Frank Beckenbauer for West Germany. Were they all one man teams too?

Oh and by the way, your underselling of Gavin Reilly’s contribution to our league campaign last season shows you up for the complete and utter clueless article that you are. It’s not all about goals.

Edited to remove the personal abuse. There was no need. The rest of my post speaks for itself.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2