Hamilton v St Mirren 22/9/18

faraway saint

Aside from the shit performance, was anyone unfortunate to be in the vicinity of 2 absolute fukin arseholes who shouted total shite for the whole game? 2 woman, who even saints fans were shouting at. Had a young kid with them but even when other fans pulled them up, said they paid their money and we're entitled to shout and swear the whole game. I normally wudnt giv a shit, but these 2 were fukin idiots. 
They were about 10-15 rows in front of me. Horrible screatching noise.

Glad I don't sit near them at home games .

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Not really following this post. Are you saying Morgan wasn’t our best player last year? Of course he didn’t literally win the league himself. Had he not been playing for us I don’t think we would have won the league. I wouldn’t say that about any of the rest of our squad.

The majority of Reilly’s goals came in the cups. He was largely hopeless in the league and it was no surprised he was dropped toward the end of the season. He scored one league goal after the 6th of January, and that was at the end of the 5-0 game against Dumbarton. Vital to the title win?

If Reilly and Smith were as important to the league win as Morgan, why didn’t Celtic or other higher level clubs try sign them too? They’re of similar ages. The answer is a simple one; they’re not as good as Lewis is.

You are wrong there. There were many players with huge contributions equal to Morgans. IMO Cammy Smith was more important for us last year than Lewis. Cammy won nearly every player of the year award and McGinn got one. If my memory serves me right Lewis Morgan didn't receive any.

I'm not saying thats conclusive evidence or anything as there were reasons for that (primarily because he was a Celtic player for half the season) but its not as clear cut as you are making it out that Morgan was even the best player never mind us being so dependant on him.

When Morgan was out of the team through injury we still won and didn't seem to miss him. When Smith was out, we lost. Most evident in the home game against Dumbarton when we got beat and just didn't operate without him.

As good a player Morgan was for us last season, its completely wrong to suggest we wouldn't have won the league if it wasnt for him.

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

Not really following this post. Are you saying Morgan wasn’t our best player last year? Of course he didn’t literally win the league himself. Had he not been playing for us I don’t think we would have won the league. I wouldn’t say that about any of the rest of our squad.

The majority of Reilly’s goals came in the cups. He was largely hopeless in the league and it was no surprised he was dropped toward the end of the season. He scored one league goal after the 6th of January, and that was at the end of the 5-0 game against Dumbarton. Vital to the title win?

If Reilly and Smith were as important to the league win as Morgan, why didn’t Celtic or other higher level clubs try sign them too? They’re of similar ages. The answer is a simple one; they’re not as good as Lewis is.

McGinn and McLean are only now playing at the level S McGinn played at successfully for many years? That’s just patently false. He had 38 appearances in the championship over a season and a half at Watford before he was dropped and ended up in League 1. Right before he came to us he wasn’t getting a game with League 2 Wycombe Wanderers. Let’s not pretend his career in England was something it wasn’t.

Mallan has 15 more career goals than S McGinn already. Despite being 7 years younger and playing almost 200 less games. McLean has 29 more goals. He comes up short however you measure him against our previous central midfielders.

Not only is he not as technically good or as much of a goal threat as any of them, he’s not even a strong leader/enforcer like Goodwin or Murray was. Was he giving 110% when he strolled around in a huff against Livi? The only time he looked interested in that match was when he sprinted to high five the subbed on Cammy Smith.

If we did drop him for the Hibs game, would it get much worse than being pumped 3-0 by Hamilton Accies? How?

Oft, having a bit of a mare there TC. Yes we were all upset and annoyed after Saturdays performance.

I think the fact that someone said earlier that he got a big ironic cheer when he eventually touched the ball, probably tells you everything you need to know.
For me the ironic cheer was because it was the first chipped ball to our front line that anyone actually headered in the whole match.

So many high balls at Danny Mullen was just a waste of time. The Hamilton defenders were strolling through the match.

I maybe misread the irony though.

Pretty poor form if the fans are going to ironically cheer a guy who comes off the bench when the rest of them had barely kicked a ball all afternoon.

For what it's worth NBM didn't really do much but very harsh to single him out as no-one was any good. He was involved in one attack that I remember where he back healed it to someone, can't remember who.

Really not a fan of the artificial pitches at all, regardless of what generation they are.These pitches really do change the game.

Bowls has indoor & outdoor as 2 separate games for a reason.Having your match day surface as artificial ? Not for me.

Looking forward to getting back to grass this weekend.

43 minutes ago, Hambud said:

For me the ironic cheer was because it was the first chipped ball to our front line that anyone actually headered in the whole match.

So many high balls at Danny Mullen was just a waste of time. The Hamilton defenders were strolling through the match.

I maybe misread the irony though.

Pretty poor form if the fans are going to ironically cheer a guy who comes off the bench when the rest of them had barely kicked a ball all afternoon.

For what it's worth NBM didn't really do much but very harsh to single him out as no-one was any good. He was involved in one attack that I remember where he back healed it to someone, can't remember who.

The need for a scrapegoat

It always been the case

9 hours ago, scrappy coco said:

Probably is, there's 2 of them that sit together with a young boy, the pair of them are total crackpots, honestly if 

that was men carrying on like that they'd be thrown right out the ground..

I've not read back and sure it's been covered to some degree on here but those two women are by far and away the worst St Mirren fans I have ever had the displeasure to sit near. We tried to move at half-time but with such a big crowd and people at the pie shop we decided to soldier on. 

The constant screaming of complete and utter nonsense throughout the 90 minutes made me feel like my ears were going to bleed. They were completely clueless about what they were talking about as well. Taking out the bad language (which I don't have a massive issue with, although when it was constant the whole game I can fully see the point that it's unacceptable) some of the whoppers we were compelled to believe include:

• Their ability to spot wrong offside calls from what must of been over 120 yards away
  • Their ability to spot wrong corner decisions when it seemed clear to all other fans, the officials and the players that the ball had came off the defender last
  • A change to the pass-back rule that other fans, officials and the players were not aware of (now balls passed back off your thigh should be deemed a pass-back apparently)  
  • St Mirren players tripping up  the opposition is now not a foul
  • The opposition winning the ball cleanly from St Mirren players now is a foul
  • It should now be policy to immediately substitute a St Mirren player for a single mistake regardless if it's 80 minutes or 80 seconds into the game 
  • Danny Mullen has apparently chilled the F*** out a lot compared to 10 years ago (when he would of been 13) apparently back then, if an opposing player committed a foul against him, he'd of put him on the ground and 'jumped all over his head' 

I could go on. 

I sincerely hope I never have the misfortune to encounter either of them again at games. 

Poor as we were, I think we were at least as good as Accies until Coulson went off.

Lost a bad first goal, and then the penalty (looked like Imrie instigated contact) and it was game over.

The huge imbalance in the squad is a worry;  but the fact we did nothing in the second half is even more of a worry.

I thought that with the arrival of OK we'd at least see the players on the pitch fighting for everything.  That just didn't happen and it looked as if there was zero belief when we came on to the pitch for the second half that we could get anything out of the game.

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I've not read back and sure it's been covered to some degree on here but those two women are by far and away the worst St Mirren fans I have ever had the displeasure to sit near. We tried to move at half-time but with such a big crowd and people at the pie shop we decided to soldier on. 

The constant screaming of complete and utter nonsense throughout the 90 minutes made me feel like my ears were going to bleed. They were completely clueless about what they were talking about as well. Taking out the bad language (which I don't have a massive issue with, although when it was constant the whole game I can fully see the point that it's unacceptable) some of the whoppers we were compelled to believe include:

• Their ability to spot wrong offside calls from what must of been over 120 yards away
  • Their ability to spot wrong corner decisions when it seemed clear to all other fans, the officials and the players that the ball had came off the defender last
  • A change to the pass-back rule that other fans, officials and the players were not aware of (now balls passed back off your thigh should be deemed a pass-back apparently)  
  • It should now be policy to immediately substitute a St Mirren player for a single mistake regardless if it's 80 minutes or 80 seconds into the game 
  • Danny Mullen has apparently chilled the F*** out a lot compared to 10 years ago (when he would of been 13) apparently back then, if an opposing player committed a foul against him, he'd of put him on the ground and 'jumped all over his head' 

I could go on. 

I sincerely hope I never have the misfortune to encounter either of them again at games. 

Were they wearing SMISA badges? :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I could go on. 

I like a lot of those new rules.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I could go on. 

They were a few seats along from me, absolutely horrific language from two Women ???? With a small child between them.

Disgraceful and excruciatingly embarrassing behaviour from people associated with our Club.

Should be spoken to although when challenged by a few folk they resorted to type and more abuse.

1 hour ago, thomsons dropped it said:

They were a few seats along from me, absolutely horrific language from two Women ???? With a small child between them.

Disgraceful and excruciatingly embarrassing behaviour from people associated with our Club.

Should be spoken to although when challenged by a few folk they resorted to type and more abuse.

The younger woman was called out on one of the FB pages and immediately went off on one saying we pay our money and can say what we like. The fact that she regularly uses such disgusting language in front of her young son is disgraceful.

If a male supporter behaves in this way, he gets ejected from the stadium straight away ie the guy in the Main Stand at Livi who was ejected for shouting & swearing at the team/Stubbs etc

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I could go on. 

I want to sit near them now for a laugh :lol:

Probably more entertaining than the game.

Edited by LargsBud

6 minutes ago, NB18 said:

The younger woman was called out on one of the FB pages and immediately went off on one saying we pay our money and can say what we like. The fact that she regularly uses such disgusting language in front of her young son is disgraceful.

If a male supporter behaves in this way, he gets ejected from the stadium straight away ie the guy in the Main Stand at Livi who was ejected for shouting & swearing at the team/Stubbs etc

A couple of arseholes who are a total embarrassment to the club. I was unfortunate to be sitting a few seats along from them. My 14 year old is used to the language at games, but this was incessant pish for 90 mins. The club should ban them. They seem to like Danny mullen!

8 minutes ago, NB18 said:

The one that looks like Penguin from Batman is the worst.

I had the misfortune of having the two of them behind me a couple of times last season. At one point during the first half of the second time, i gestured to the steward and pointed behind me to hopefully get them to shut it or move. The lad shrugged his shoulders and muttered 'no ma problem mate'.. The woman then decided to laugh and direct her abuse at me 'see ya f**king prick, i'm dain nuhin wrang ya c--t'

Feel sorry for the little lad who will most likely think that is acceptable behavior and probably go on to be just as bad as those two when he's older.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I could go on. 

I often criticize correct decisions by the referee in the hope that he will attempt to balance it out with an unjustified decision in our favour later on in the match!  :argue: 

In my defence I don't swear! :angel