Hamilton v St Mirren 22/9/18

faraway saint

I've not read back and sure it's been covered to some degree on here but those two women are by far and away the worst St Mirren fans I have ever had the displeasure to sit near. We tried to move at half-time but with such a big crowd and people at the pie shop we decided to soldier on. 
The constant screaming of complete and utter nonsense throughout the 90 minutes made me feel like my ears were going to bleed. They were completely clueless about what they were talking about as well. Taking out the bad language (which I don't have a massive issue with, although when it was constant the whole game I can fully see the point that it's unacceptable) some of the whoppers we were compelled to believe include:
  • Their ability to spot wrong offside calls from what must of been over 120 yards away
  • Their ability to spot wrong corner decisions when it seemed clear to all other fans, the officials and the players that the ball had came off the defender last
  • A change to the pass-back rule that other fans, officials and the players were not aware of (now balls passed back off your thigh should be deemed a pass-back apparently)  
  • St Mirren players tripping up  the opposition is now not a foul
  • The opposition winning the ball cleanly from St Mirren players now is a foul
  • It should now be policy to immediately substitute a St Mirren player for a single mistake regardless if it's 80 minutes or 80 seconds into the game 
  • Danny Mullen has apparently chilled the F*** out a lot compared to 10 years ago (when he would of been 13) apparently back then, if an opposing player committed a foul against him, he'd of put him on the ground and 'jumped all over his head' 
I could go on. 
I sincerely hope I never have the misfortune to encounter either of them again at games. 

They also frequently want offside calls given from throw ins.

38 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I often criticize correct decisions by the referee in the hope that he will attempt to balance it out with an unjustified decision in our favour later on in the match!  :argue: 

In my defence I don't swear! :angel

This went way beyond that. The ref got a few fans off their seat with poor decisions (as usual) but in their eyes St Mirren literally did not concede a free-kick, corner or throw in all game :lol:

6 hours ago, barrhead saint said:

A couple of arseholes who are a total embarrassment to the club. I was unfortunate to be sitting a few seats along from them. My 14 year old is used to the language at games, but this was incessant pish for 90 mins. The club should ban them. They seem to like Danny mullen!

Oh dear, says it all i suppose!

You are wrong there. There were many players with huge contributions equal to Morgans. IMO Cammy Smith was more important for us last year than Lewis. Cammy won nearly every player of the year award and McGinn got one. If my memory serves me right Lewis Morgan didn't receive any.

I'm not saying thats conclusive evidence or anything as there were reasons for that (primarily because he was a Celtic player for half the season) but its not as clear cut as you are making it out that Morgan was even the best player never mind us being so dependant on him.

When Morgan was out of the team through injury we still won and didn't seem to miss him. When Smith was out, we lost. Most evident in the home game against Dumbarton when we got beat and just didn't operate without him.

As good a player Morgan was for us last season, its completely wrong to suggest we wouldn't have won the league if it wasnt for him.

You’ve saved me the bother of having to reply in-depth to the latest drivel the forum’s resident drama queen has served up.

Thank you.