Hamilton v St Mirren 22/9/18

faraway saint

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

So you haven't been to Milan.

You didn't know the have won the second most honours in Italian Football. Looks like unless it's on TV then you just don't know much at all. 

Get out there.  Travel. Go to games.

Be nice to people.

You're in the wrong thread ya idiot..................you said you don't drink....................you can't be that stupid sober? :lol:

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're in the wrong thread ya idiot..................you said you don't drink....................you can't be that stupid sober? :lol:

Don't drink. Not an idiot. 

Just the man who has you dangling at will.

Must be your bedtime.

Pity you missed the Hamilton match. 

Edited by St.Ricky

4 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Interesting. Have not been to any games yet this season so cannot talk with any accuracy, however, this is the first time I have seen criticism of S McGinn - and perhaps this is warranted.

He was a stand out last year and needs to maintain that level this season. Or be dropped.

I like mcginn, but he was rotten today. Wasn't the only one tho.

Aside from the shit performance, was anyone unfortunate to be in the vicinity of 2 absolute fukin arseholes who shouted total shite for the whole game? 2 woman, who even saints fans were shouting at. Had a young kid with them but even when other fans pulled them up, said they paid their money and we're entitled to shout and swear the whole game. I normally wudnt giv a shit, but these 2 were fukin idiots. 

Edited by barrhead saint

Watching that Alba playback really shows what a shit fest our promotion won us. To play utterly shit in partially finished stadia with grounds made of plastic surfaces. f**k this, let’s play football with a smile. Our fans turned up in great numbers to be fed that gash.
Scottish top league football is not fit for charging customers an entry fee.

26 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:

Aside from the shit performance, was anyone unfortunate to be in the vicinity of 2 absolute fukin arseholes who shouted total shite for the whole game? 2 woman, who even saints fans were shouting at. Had a young kid with them but even when other fans pulled them up, said they paid their money and we're entitled to shout and swear the whole game. I normally wudnt giv a shit, but these 2 were fukin idiots. 

Part of the W7 group? :lol:

19 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Watching that Alba playback really shows what a shit fest our promotion won us. To play utterly shit in partially finished stadia with grounds made of plastic surfaces. f**k this, let’s play football with a smile. Our fans turned up in great numbers to be fed that gash.

While you watched on TV? :lol:

Oran will be wondering what on earth he’s walked into. I’ve seen some gutless, hopeless, flat performances but that was right up there. Not 1 pass mark, from ‘keeper to striker - woeful.

Started well but soon began to squander possession ridiculously easy.
Cut open with ease time and time again by a purposeful Accies team; established, well drilled, no thrills, consistent - something we should aspire to.

We missed Baird with his no nonsense streak and Magennis with his energy today.
The more experienced players in the team even struggled today, however, questioning Flynn and McGinn’s ability at this level is laughable to anybody with half a brain. Both are clearly doing the thinking for 3 or 4 around them and are not playing with the same freedom to influence games.
We got away with this in the championship, unfortunately our squad is no stronger than it was and a large proportion are now ‘unusable’ to management.

I don’t like singling out players but we may aswell send NBM and Coulson back south on Monday - evidently neither give a jot and less said ability wise the better.

Whilst we’re on the subect of Stubbs’ signings, very telling that not one of his permanent signings even made the bench today... what a shambles that man has left us in.

9 hours ago, pod said:
9 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Don't panic Mr Mannering - at least not yet!

Can we put this down to just one of these days? After all, we had lost 3 players after 31 minutes from what would have been our starting lineup (not to mention those that are already on the injured list).

Or are we really as bad as Elvis makes out?

That pitch has conquered many a team and crippled them.    

A fair degree of truth in 'this pitch' having an adverse effect and also in the fact we were bullied by Hamilton, thought young Cammy MaC tried hard and that Stephen did seem to miss Kyle, the pitch also caught out Ferdinand on occasions as well, Paul Mac was the best of a fairly uninspiring bunch today for me anyway.  Danny worked hard but had no service and no support and NBM ran about like the proverbial headless chicken, Matty Willock seemed a bit more interested but with around 7 or 8 minutes to go he would have needed to have been superman to effect the game.  I do think it will take time to find the best combination of what players we have available and that will change to a degree game by game and on some occasions pitch by pitch.  Disaster? hardly, disappointing? certainly, but hey we are St Mirren and we should know better,COYS.  :)

We should contact Dundee, offering full support for Neil McCann..............

League Table
           Team             P    GD    Pts
1        Hearts          6      9      16 

2    Hibernian       6      6      11

3        Livingston  6       2      11

4    Celtic                5       3      10

5    Aberdeen       6       0        9

6    Rangers            5      5        8

7    St Johnstone5       0        8

8    Kilmarnock    5       2        7

9    Hamilton          6     -2       6

10    Motherwell  6     -4        4

11    St Mirren        6    -9         4

12        Dundee        6    -12      0

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We should contact Dundee, offering full support for Neil McCann..............

League Table
           Team             P    GD    Pts
1        Hearts          6      9      16 

2    Hibernian       6      6      11

3        Livingston  6       2      11

4    Celtic                5       3      10

5    Aberdeen       6       0        9

6    Rangers            5      5        8

7    St Johnstone5       0        8

8    Kilmarnock    5       2        7

9    Hamilton          6     -2       6

10    Motherwell  6     -4        4

11    St Mirren        6    -9         4

12        Dundee        6    -12      0

Most people think Motherwell are a good side in the SPL yet they have the same points total. I am sure Oran knows how big a job he has on his hands. We need to try to get to the transfer window without becoming detatched. 

30 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Most people think Motherwell are a good side in the SPL yet they have the same points total. I am sure Oran knows how big a job he has on his hands. We need to try to get to the transfer window without becoming detatched. 

Fully agree. Hanging on till the window is critical. It is now clear that no manager is going to do much with this bunch of players. The big problem was the quality of Stubbs signings. Maybe just maybe Stubbs got it right about last seasons squad in terms of being able to compete in this league. Regrettably his recruitment was abysmal so the problem didn't get sorted.  I think some of last seasons squad think more highly of themselves than they merit on current showing. They were the players who went in the huff and need to take a look at themselves. S. McGinn and Smith were rotten yesterday I'm afraid and need to get  their acts together.  I always assumed they would cope at this level but looks though I'm wrong. Hope they prove me wrong. If Oran can keep us in the league given where we are now he will deserve legendary status. 

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The good news is there's 3 teams within 3 points of us, even after our poor start.

The bad news....................

(complete as you see fit. :()

That's exactly right , as long as there's teams near us it buys Oran time to get things sorted , if we can't strengthen though , you feel we could be in real trouble come January !

8 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

I agree, worst pitch I have seen in my life...it was completely covered in sand! If it is about saving money then that should be reflected in the price the customer pays!

It was painful to watch yesterday, we are completely out of our depth. 

Relegation battle with Dundee this season. All we can do is try and support the team and stay focused on that goal of getting more points than them.

I love the guy, but its time for a spell on the bench for McGinn. He leaves the defence completely exposed, and its going to get punished every week at this level.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I agree, worst pitch I have seen in my life...it was completely covered in sand! If it is about saving money then that should be reflected in the price the customer pays!

It wasn't sand , these 4G pitches have wee black balls at surface level , supposedly to create a "true feel" underfoot , I 've seen it up close at the indoor pitch near Hampden , they get everywhere too.

Just now, billyg said:

It wasn't sand , these 4G pitches have wee black balls at surface level , supposedly to create a "true feel" underfoot , I 've seen it up close at the indoor pitch near Hampden , they get everywhere too.

Well it threw up  massive cloud of shite every time the ball bounced! Never seen anything like it in all my years of playing and watching football. Hamilton should be punted down to the juniors.

Fully agree. Hanging on till the window is critical. It is now clear that no manager is going to do much with this bunch of players. The big problem was the quality of Stubbs signings. Maybe just maybe Stubbs got it right about last seasons squad in terms of being able to compete in this league. Regrettably his recruitment was abysmal so the problem didn't get sorted.  I think some of last seasons squad think more highly of themselves than they merit on current showing. They were the players who went in the huff and need to take a look at themselves. S. McGinn and Smith were rotten yesterday I'm afraid and need to get  their acts together.  I always assumed they would cope at this level but looks though I'm wrong. Hope they prove me wrong. If Oran can keep us in the league given where we are now he will deserve legendary status. 

Agree with this.

The squad that won last seasons Championship in its entirety wasn’t good enough for the top flight. We seen that in the two hammering’s we got from Aberdeen and Thistle. Had no one left and no one joined I think we would have finished 11th or 12th this season.

The fact is that squad not only didn’t get stronger, it got weaker.

We lost our two best players from last season in Morgan and Davies. Players like that are nigh on impossible to replace for a team like us. Morgan is a million pound player. He’s a match winner who several times last season won us games by himself. I read some people say on here Stubbs told the squad that Lewis won us the league last season and that was met by indignation and offence by the senior players. I don’t know if he did say that, but if he did he certainly wasn’t far off the mark.

We don’t have any forward player with even a fraction of the ability he has in our squad just now. The Longwell conveyor belt of creative goal scoring players like McLean, Mallan and Morgan have all moved on to bigger things and we are left with the likes of S McGinn and Cammy Smith. These guys just aren’t anywhere near as good as what we have had previously.

Davies was a Rolls Royce of a centre half when fit. He would have been fine in the Premiership. To replace him we got Kpekwa and Heaton.

Basically we lost our best attacking player and best defensive player. The replacements aren’t anywhere near as good. Therefore we are struggling to score goals and struggling to keep them out. In short, it’s going to be a long season.