Hamilton v St Mirren 22/9/18

faraway saint

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I read some people say on here Stubbs told the squad that Lewis won us the league last season and that was met by indignation and offence by the senior players. I don’t know if he did say that, but if he did he certainly wasn’t far off the mark.

Not really the point is it?

I have nothing against you bud, but you don't half post a lot of pish! Season after season too, you are consistent if nothing else! 

11 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I said this would be the real test and the players and management failed big time. Sammy was let down a little for the first goal after saving the first attempt. I wait to see it again but I felt the penalty was never one. That said. No one could doubt the better team won.  Once again a game was done by half time. That pitch though is still awful and should never be allowed in the top league.

The penalty?! Are you kidding? It was the most obvious penalty you will ever see. An utterly absurd goal to give away.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

A wee bit ofpraise yesterday for Cammy McPherson. Thought he was the best Saint by a mile.

And i wondered yesterday if some of our players were wearing the correct footwear as they continually fell over?

He tried hard, but I thought he was very poor. They all were to be honest.

Hugely disappointing yesterday although it would have been premature to have thought OK had turned it all around in one game. He’s obviously decided he doesn’t rate most of Stubbs’ signings which leaves him with very little scope for changing things around. Mullen is a grafter but that he’s first choice striker and guaranteed starter every week when he lacks the quality to play at this level shows how poor the summer recruitment has been.

Have to just hope he can get us better organised, fitter (players were second to every ball yesterday) and working hard, and then hope we can sneak a goal or two from set plays or counters. Get thru to January and hope he can bring better shape to a unbalanced squad.

Not really the point is it?
I have nothing against you bud, but you don't half post a lot of pish! Season after season too, you are consistent if nothing else! 

Feel free to stick me on ignore if my posts are bothering you that much bud. I won’t miss your feedback.

Just now, Gordon Urquhart said:

Great Saints support yesterday despite overpriced entry (£12 for kids is a joke) and poor playing conditions.
Sadly we were given nothing to cheer about all day. Wont be back there, rip off.

You'll be back. We all will.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Agree with this.

The squad that won last seasons Championship in its entirety wasn’t good enough for the top flight. We seen that in the two hammering’s we got from Aberdeen and Thistle. Had no one left and no one joined I think we would have finished 11th or 12th this season.

The fact is that squad not only didn’t get stronger, it got weaker.

We lost our two best players from last season in Morgan and Davies. Players like that are nigh on impossible to replace for a team like us. Morgan is a million pound player. He’s a match winner who several times last season won us games by himself. I read some people say on here Stubbs told the squad that Lewis won us the league last season and that was met by indignation and offence by the senior players. I don’t know if he did say that, but if he did he certainly wasn’t far off the mark.

We don’t have any forward player with even a fraction of the ability he has in our squad just now. The Longwell conveyor belt of creative goal scoring players like McLean, Mallan and Morgan have all moved on to bigger things and we are left with the likes of S McGinn and Cammy Smith. These guys just aren’t anywhere near as good as what we have had previously.

Davies was a Rolls Royce of a centre half when fit. He would have been fine in the Premiership. To replace him we got Kpekwa and Heaton.

Basically we lost our best attacking player and best defensive player. The replacements aren’t anywhere near as good. Therefore we are struggling to score goals and struggling to keep them out. In short, it’s going to be a long season.

Hard to disagree with most of that, though I think a fully fit Anton will be every bit as good as Harry if not better and I haven’t gave up on Heaton. 

Agree with this.

The squad that won last seasons Championship in its entirety wasn’t good enough for the top flight. We seen that in the two hammering’s we got from Aberdeen and Thistle. Had no one left and no one joined I think we would have finished 11th or 12th this season.

We lost our two best players from last season in Morgan and Davies. Players like that are nigh on impossible to replace for a team like us. Morgan is a million pound player. He’s a match winner who several times last season won us games by himself. I read some people say on here Stubbs told the squad that Lewis won us the league last season and that was met by indignation and offence by the senior players. I don’t know if he did say that, but if he did he certainly wasn’t far off the mark.

We don’t have any forward player with even a fraction of the ability he has in our squad just now. The Longwell conveyor belt of creative goal scoring players like McLean, Mallan and Morgan have all moved on to bigger things and we are left with the likes of S McGinn and Cammy Smith. These guys just aren’t anywhere near as good as what we have had previously.

Davies was a Rolls Royce of a centre half when fit. He would have been fine in the Premiership. To replace him we got Kpekwa and Heaton.

Basically we lost our best attacking player and best defensive player. The replacements aren’t anywhere near as good. Therefore we are struggling to score goals and struggling to keep them out. In short, it’s going to be a long season.

What a load of nonsense you post, by the way.

Anybody who believes Lewis Morgan won us the league alone needs some strong meds - shall I bother to run through the stats relating to Harry Davis and the goals against stats with and without him? Cammy Smith nominated for Champ POTY? Gavin Reilly’s goals? McGinn as a leader? Samson’s clean sheet run? Lewis made a big contribution but he was also guilty for going missing for periods of time. The league was won as a squad and saying anything otherwise is completely disrespectful to a bunch of players that done us a great turn.

You also consistently try and belittle Stephen McGinn’s influence, both this season and last. Worth pointing out to you that this ‘conveyor belt of talent’ you speak of - McLean and McGinn are only just playing at the level that McGinn played at successfully for many years - McGinn has been a success so far and no doubt he’ll go to the top: even Stephen admits this, McLean is injured and not playing currently, whilst Mallan got chewed up and spat out at that level and is now back in this league that you slag off constantly?

Whilst S. McGinn is not technically at the level of these guys, he gives 110% every game and it’s blatant he’s played at a far higher level. The influence he’s had on us the last 20 months is incredible and if we dropped him against Hibs next week you would notice something very horrifying!

Agree with this.

Totally agree.

Said myself all along.

Without Morgan we’d have finished mid table last season.

Put Morgan into any of the top 4 or 5 sides last season then that side would have won the league.

We’ve got a mid table Championship squad trying to survive in the top flight.

2 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

Fully agree. Hanging on till the window is critical. It is now clear that no manager is going to do much with this bunch of players. The big problem was the quality of Stubbs signings. Maybe just maybe Stubbs got it right about last seasons squad in terms of being able to compete in this league. Regrettably his recruitment was abysmal so the problem didn't get sorted.  I think some of last seasons squad think more highly of themselves than they merit on current showing. They were the players who went in the huff and need to take a look at themselves. S. McGinn and Smith were rotten yesterday I'm afraid and need to get  their acts together.  I always assumed they would cope at this level but looks though I'm wrong. Hope they prove me wrong. If Oran can keep us in the league given where we are now he will deserve legendary status. 

Totally agree with this ^^ 

Jack Ross inherited an absolute shambles of a team when he arrived at the club, he lost 7 out of 11 games before January but managed to use the window to completely change the squad around, getting rid of duds like Hutton, Walsh, Hardie... and bringing in Top Bin, Cammy, Stellios, Billy the Fish etc 

Oran seems to have some decent contacts in the game (Ferdinand, Cotterill) so I reckon they will certainly prove very useful in January.. I doubt we will extend NBM's loan beyond January, I think we will also see the likes of Cooke, Heaton and King sent out on loan as they clearly arent ready for the Premiership just yet (if ever) 

KTF :D 

In simple terms the team that started yesterday was weaker than any side we fielded last season.

None of that blame can be put on the new manager.

We had 2 right backs on the pitch and a centre mid playing at right back, I do know that Cammy has played a lot of his football out there however.

I think the fans are going to have to get right behind Coulson, he looks like the only player with pace and capable of taking a player on. He struggled postionally yesterday, but I think we’ll have to accept that for now.

Livingston have got it spot on for the SPL. Their squad didnt quite have the pace or a player like Morgan but they had strength and organisation. That same squad was added to not decimated. We ripped our team apart and brought in untried players who are not up to it. We should of added players capable of at least SPL standard. Too many loan players hasnt helped either. Oran has a job on his hands but he knows this. I suspect he will use Gus between now and the window to assess real targets to change the mess created by Stubbs. 

3 minutes ago, jonjo said:
2 hours ago, Kemp said:
He tried hard, but I thought he was very poor. They all were to be honest.

I also thought cammy was poor today but you need to remember he's a cm playing at right back so need to give the boy a break just another player playing out of position

Why did we have so many players out of position yesterday though?

Surely Heaton and Kpekewa should travel with the team and be ready to start at centre back if an injury happens?

Why on earth was Coulson playing at RIGHT wing?

Find it very difficult to understand what Oran is thinking....

In simple terms the team that started yesterday was weaker than any side we fielded last season.
None of that blame can be put on the new manager.
We had 2 right backs on the pitch and a centre mid playing at right back, I do know that Cammy has played a lot of his football out there however.
I think the fans are going to have to get right behind Coulson, he looks like the only player with pace and capable of taking a player on. He struggled postionally yesterday, but I think we’ll have to accept that for now.
The boy needs to hit the gym and toughen up he's pushed of the ball far to easily