Football Pundtwit Sutton

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

Should St Mirren just ignore last night's ill-informed rantings or lodge a formal complaint to BT Sport?

Ignore him, it's what he does.

Almost every game he's involved in he looks for a way to be controversial. 

Plenty on here have "agreed" with him when it suits, in this case, WGAF, he's a no mark. 

3 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Should St Mirren just ignore last night's ill-informed rantings or lodge a formal complaint to BT Sport?

Is this a serious question? Leave that type of paranoid rambling to the Old Firm please.

Sutton is perfectly entitled to say whatever he wants, there is nothing to complain about. It happens to be a load of shite, but if he wants to talk nonsense its up to him.

Eckersley has already told him to stop talking shite on twitter - a fair and measured response in my opinion!

If BT Sports lawyers have heard what he said then they just might have a word, if it’s deemed that he was out of order legally by saying things and naming players then as I say there might be a bit more in this. 

I could just be talking pish  mind...... cue Faraway :D

C’mon Robert ,I know you’re watching...

2 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

If BT Sports lawyers have heard what he said then they just might have a word, if it’s deemed that he was out of order legally by saying things and naming players then as I say there might be a bit more in this. 

BT Sport lawyers? Ufffff, this is cringeworthy. 

At least you realise you are talking pish!

3 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

I am watching...............the "Opening of the V&A" from last night.  :lol:

Back on topic.........Sutton.................who? :wink:

Sutton is just a wind-up merchant. We just happen to be on the receiving end this week. It's fine, best to just laugh at him and move on.

Overall I think he actually does a decent job of talking up the Scottish game. He at least has something to say, even if he does seem to be trying too hard often. I wouldn't go for a pint with the bloke, but he does his job on TV and radio....

I can't understand why people are getting so upset over what he's saying. He's a football pundit, he's there to rile people. 

His views from what ive heard last night are completely wrong right enough but he's entitled to make it. What he says makes no difference to my life.

Just relax and enjoy the fact that the saints are back!

I think he crossed a line with his ‘snakes in the dressing room’ comment, but in reality, he’s not worth worrying about. He also recently character-assasinated Boyata when he was in some sort of dispute with Celtic. Something along the lines of he should never be allowed to play for Celtic again, and the Celtic shirt doesn’t shrink to fit inferior players. He’s a prick with a microphone. Not even a funny, witty, or insightful one who contributes much of note to any discussion. If I were our captain though, next time I saw him at a game, I’d have a quiet word in the dickhead’s ear, but there should be no more than that.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I think he crossed a line with his ‘snakes in the dressing room’ comment, but in reality, he’s not worth worrying about. He also recently character-assasinated Boyata when he was in some sort of dispute with Celtic. Something along the lines of he should never be allowed to play for Celtic again, and the Celtic shirt doesn’t shrink to fit inferior players. He’s a prick with a microphone. Not even a funny, witty, or insightful one who contributes much of note to any discussion. If I were our captain though, next time I saw him at a game, I’d have a quiet word in the dickhead’s ear, but there should be no more than that.

Yet you poured out your lovely abuse towards him about 10 times since last night?  :lol:

Whilst I tend to sympathise with the view to "forget it", I feel that Sutton overstepped the mark last night (as did the singing of the bigots).

This type of language is overlooked by the football and police authorities as well as the media because of the systemic (and often sectarian) bias in Scottish society - but especially the media.

For example Packie Bonner seems to be the only ex player who comments almost exclusively on just one team week after week on BBC Radio Scotland. When he is involved he hardly comments on the opposition players - everything he says is "Celtic" orientated.

You only have to pick up any of the Scottish papers to see this Celtic and Sevco bias in terms of the amount of coverage given to this cancerous twosome.

At the same time I accept that the bigger clubs are going to get more coverage than the provincial clubs but things have developed at a pace over the last twenty years or so where we now find almost blanket coverage of the gruesome twosome.

It is time that supporters of provincial clubs throughout Scotland started boycotting these sectarian rags.

Personally I stopped buying The Herald several years ago and now occasionally buy The Times whose coverage of Scottish football is comprehensive and fairly well balanced - and I am no great fan of Rupert Murdoch.

Edited by northstbuddie

Wonder if he would have attacked the Saints dressing room if his wee brother was still in it???
It’s what he does, there to wind up anybody who wants to listen. Must admit, I took the bait last night and was raging at him. I’m sure a few other buds, players and fans were the same. Job done by the big fanny.

Link attached to article in The Scotsman today - https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/st-mirren/adam-eckersley-hits-back-at-chris-sutton-over-alan-stubbs-sacking-1-4800429

He has maligned the club and its players on national TV without establishing the facts.

It would appear that those who have been slandered by him are angered by his irresponsibility .

It's a fact of life that football managers have to be accountable for their actions - so why not so-called pundits when they slander people without justification ?