Football Pundtwit Sutton

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

You hit the nail on the head. Both are there to provoke. Sky and BT are looking for a reaction and the publicity it brings. They couldn't give a fkuc if people are reacting positively or negatively. They only care that your watching to see the clusterfkuc. Bottom line? Your watching.

Don't tune in to listen to any pundit , they just happen to be on the programmes when I decide to watch them , its a cu*t but life's like that.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I tune in to watch the game, I never tune in to listen to any pundit surrounding it. The reason I caught Sutton’s comments were that with this being Oran Kearney’s first game, I wanted to see any interviews with him, or any talk about the club. If this had been a Stubbs-in-charge game, I would have been preparing a cuppa’ and would only have sat down for kick off. My idea of a nice evening’s viewing is watching the fitba’ or the NFL...but the thought of listening to Sutton, or indeed Gary Neville, Ian Wright, or Thommo and Stewart gibbering on Sportscene? Not for me. I always record Sportscene or MoTD so that I can simply watch the action, and whizz through the talking heads, talking pish.

Apart from a very few occasions I keep things really simple and just go to games I would like to see.  I don't watch English or Foreign games other than when a Scottish Team or The Scottish National Team are playing.  Have heard Sutton and he seeks to be controversial. It is his "brand". Want to change things?  Don't watch. 

The only infuriating thing is that the likes of Sutton and McCoist get paid to give their opinion on St Mirren when they clearly have no f**king idea about us, about what Stubbs was doing, and about any of the reasons about why he was fired. Would have got more information and insight from a tub of lard.

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Apart from a very few occasions I keep things really simple and just go to games I would like to see.  I don't watch English or Foreign games other than when a Scottish Team or The Scottish National Team are playing.  Have heard Sutton and he seeks to be controversial. It is his "brand". Want to change things?  Don't watch. 

I watch BT Sport in spite of Sutton - not because of him.

His childish behaviour is boring to the extreme - but sometimes the football on show is not.

I admire your blind commitment to Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

The only infuriating thing is that the likes of Sutton and McCoist get paid to give their opinion on St Mirren when they clearly have no f**king idea about us, about what Stubbs was doing, and about any of the reasons about why he was fired. Would have got more information and insight from a tub of lard.

Oaksoft wasn’t available.

I agree with this, most of the pundits really don’t give a f**k about anything other than the old scum or what their old pals are up to at other clubs.

Sutton was never going to bad mouth his mate, so it was only going to go one way. 

The comments aren't ideal but there's an overreaction here. Every sports channel has fuds on it. It may be a UK wide channel but coverage outside of Scotland wouldn't exactly be massive. Most of the people down here I know won't bother watching the bigot derby, never mind St Mirren on a Friday night. Anyone who really cares about what actually happened will more likely side with the players than Stubbs/Jackson.

Chris Sutton may be a tit, but he always speaks up for the Scottish game in front of his fellow Englishmen who deride it.

7 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I watch BT Sport in spite of Sutton - not because of him.

His childish behaviour is boring to the extreme - but sometimes the football on show is not.

I admire your blind commitment to Scottish football.

It's not blind.  it's what interests me.  

13 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Indeed. If you completely ignore his ‘snakes and poison’ comments (sounds like a shite Guns ‘n Roses), then he had no idea what he was talking about. He repeatedly stated it was disgraceful, as he’d only been in charge for four games, and had even won one of them. No mention of being unable to get past Queens Park or Spartans, no mention of the abject hammering at Aberdeen, or the manner of  the defeat at Hearts. Nothng about not even managing a shot at goal against ten man Sevco. Nothing about Stubbs role in any dressing room issues. Nothng about loading up with loanees, some of whom hadn’t been playing. Nothing about a 75k player sitting in the stands.

At least Craigan has the brain power to ask out loud ‘there could have been things going on we don’t know about’, while Ally continued to perform the role he is very good at - being utterly befuddled about it all.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It's not blind.  it's what interests me.  

As against quality football by the likes of Spain, Belgium, Barcelona, Man City etc ?

We are miles behind most comparable countries - but you will not appreciate this if you never watch anything outside Scotland.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

How far can Sutton go with his ‘shock jock’ comments, but it’s OK because he’s just being edgy, and is doing it to be the ‘controversial one’? Is being a pundit some sort of immunity card? I genuinely don’t think he was doing it for effect. I believe he was nasty, and his belief is that his big Sellik team-mate pal had been sacked by the big bad Buddies, with our players undermining him and getting him sacked. So he let rip.

Frankly, I see it the other way, with Stubbs and Jackson being the cause of any problems, but while I think both of them were shite, I don’t think it would be right for me to phone up a football talk-in and brand either of them snakes or poison.

It’s OK for Sutton though? Cos’ he’s on the telly as a mouthpiece? 

I think you got that spot on, listening to him; his tone was vindictive and aggressive even, he IS an odious individual who IF his brains were dynamite; wouldn't have enough to have a decent fart!  :lol:

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

As against quality football by the likes of Spain, Belgium, Barcelona, Man City etc ?

We are miles behind most comparable countries - but you will not appreciate this if you never watch anything outside Scotland.

I am unlikely to attend any games played by teams in those leagues. Therefore I am not very interested in them since I won't have an opportunity to see these players playing live in front of me in a stadium.  I find them irrelevant but understand that this might not be the common view.  Should any of the teams be drawn against a Scottish one then I am interested. Exceptions would be Champions League Finals. I don't subscribe to Sky or BT.  If I watch I do it socially at a great local pub over my pint of Diet Coca Cola. 

Welcome viewers to Fir Park for tonight’s Friday night live game between Motherwell and Aberdeen. Tonight, the token non-Old Firm gobshite panel member has been allocated the purple microphone, and doesn’t he look happy about it. Anyway, off we go. So, Chris, tonight’s big game, Motherwell versus Aberdeen, fcuk that, how do you think the Old Firm game tomorrow at noon will go....?

3E720F04-7794-41C8-8BDF-427586C2CD3F.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

Ignore it and move on, its upwards for us!!!!

Often Chris Sutton is a good pundit who speaks the unpopular truth.  For example he was spot on when he referred to Derek Johnstone as nothing but a Rangers apologist.

On this occasion however he has opened his mouth and let his belly rumble uneducated bile.  

Treat him like Katie Hopkins, ignore him and he has no relevance, no relevance indeed.

4 hours ago, ged62 said:

He’s like Oaksoft wants the attention. emoji6.png

Given your nauseating attempt at getting a bit of street cred for being in the army, I think Mr Pot should reconsider what names he starts chucking at Mr Kettle.:P

On a related note I long for the days when we reduce our armed forces to having no role other than pure defence against an invading army. That way we wouldn't be tempted to embarass ourselves in the likes of Iraq, Afghanistan or numerous regions of the world where we have absolutely no right to be. Having an army in NI contributed to the surge in support for the IRA. Both sides were as bad as each other.