Football Pundtwit Sutton

It’s utter shite what Sutton is saying.

To talk about players being snakes and not performing probably our worst performances are from players that Stubbs signed not to mention the signings that didn’t even make the squad most weeks.

Also did Sutton not turn his back on his country because he disagreed with a manager.

For him and mccoist to say it’s a problem with the modern day players is bullshit imo didn’t the players at Leeds pretty much force Brian cough out all them years ago it has went on for years you will never get the best out of a squad if they don’t believe or get along with the manager.

Stubbs should need to take a look at himself in how he managed to sign so much rubbish and to lose a dressing room so quickly.

26 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Well are you?  You are the one going back to the issue and saying your piece (incorrectly) about Smith, McGinn and Eckersley.

It is no surprise at all to see the Old Firm supporters in the press closing ranks and backing their buddy Stubbs. 

All that matters is the players and fans are happy the halfwit Stubbs is gone and Kearney is in. Print out the nonsense and stick it up on the dressing room wall. These buffoons in the media would have been dying for Celtic to give us a doing the other night and they didn't get it. Every single game from now on is a chance for these players to show they are right and Stubbs chums are wrong.

And I am all for Eckersley and Langfield standing up for themselves and the club publically.

I am sure Oran Kearney will know how to use all this to our advantage. He seems a smart guy, unlike a few others....

Smart people ignore flame baiters. Eckersley certainly by his comments, Langfield mibbaes should be privately censored by the club for seemingly commenting on tbe club's behalf. Do you not get this is what flame baiters like Sutton actually want..? Some dumb footballer to drop themselves in it on twitter, and fan the flames of publicity.

what Eckersley and Langfield have done is draw themselves into it, they havent done the club any favours. But if you can tell me what the positives are for the club, from them getting drawn in with a social media fight with Sutton are I'm all ears.

i agree with you re your last line, he is smart, he's ignoring it! But it seems like its touched a nerve with Eckersley..? What is it they say abouth those who protesth too much?

5 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Also did Sutton not turn his back on his country because he disagreed with a manager

As I remember it he basically cost himself an international career because he got called up for a B international and he publicly knocked back the call up saying he was too good to play for the B team.

The manager at the time (cannae mind who it was) basically said “f*ck you then son” and that was it. 

47 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

He looks for any chance to stick the boot into us

He once said that Morton were the biggest team in Renfrewshire

When he was working part-time at the Evening Times/Citizen in Paisley early in 1978 , with Kilmarnock stuck in the old 1st Division, he told me face to face he would love to play with St Mirren , "a well run big club" was how he put it. It amazes me that after years as a very poor TV summariser , he thinks he can put the boot in. Another , up-his-own-arse wanker !

Edited by billyg

Smart people ignore flame baiters. Eckersley certainly by his comments, Langfield mibbaes should be privately censored by the club for seemingly commenting on tbe club's behalf. Do you not get this is what flame baiters like Sutton actually want..? Some dumb footballer to drop themselves in it on twitter, and fan the flames of publicity.
what Eckersley and Langfield have done is draw themselves into it, they havent done the club any favours. But if you can tell me what the positives are for the club, from them getting drawn in with a social media fight with Sutton are I'm all ears.
i agree with you re your last line, he is smart, he's ignoring it! But it seems like its touched a nerve with Eckersley..? What is it they say abouth those who protesth too much?

He has done himself more favours defending himself than you have posting more pish.

Only person he made look dumb was Sutton.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I don’t think there are any positives for the club in Eckersley’s comments and neither do I think there are any negatives.

The positives are for Adam Eckersley who has exercised his right to reply to an accusation (by strong implication) that he was a snake. 

St. Mirren “own” Adam Eckersley the footballer. Not Adam Eckersley the person 

To be fair to Bonner, I still don’t know the names of many of our players. Seriously, if I walked past at least six or seven of our current first team squad in the street, I wouldn’t recognise them.
We all know you only care about hall of famers etc etc.

However you're not paid to commentate on the games so nobody really cares if you know them or not. (Most of the squad on Friday had played last season fwiw).

I don't pay me telly licence to listen to a commentator describing the match talk about "the st mirren player passes to the other st mirren player".

I come on here to read your ramblings for free so I wouldn't moan about them, other than just now cause you asked for it [emoji6]

Harsh words! I am not sure Eckersley deserves all of them? 

What is apparent in the human psyche displayed on here, is the mentality that seems unable to think what is the agenda of Sutton, Parks, Provan etc.. and then, to pour more petrol on the flames they go onto continually referencing, commenting, sharing, quoting and general spread the reach and duration of yet another OF agenda.
this is what OF fans do, they lap every bit of shit up thats splattered their way, regurgitate it and share it around to the point that most of them believe whatever rubbish it is. Surely we are a wee bit better than that?

Yes they basically want us to click on it, read it, get raging and share the link so other people click on it getting more hits for their articles etc.

Let's wise up and talk about what a great club we support.

As I remember it he basically cost himself an international career because he got called up for a B international and he publicly knocked back the call up saying he was too good to play for the B team.
The manager at the time (cannae mind who it was) basically said “f*ck you then son” and that was it. 
Glen Hoddle I think.

1 minute ago, Hambud said:
13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Glen Hoddle I think.

Ok. If it was Glenn Hoddle he probably didnae say “f*ck you son”. :lol:

He probably said “Hell mend you son”.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

To be fair to Bonner, I still don’t know the names of many of our players. Seriously, if I walked past at least six or seven of our current first team squad in the street, I wouldn’t recognise them.

There is no chance of our current first team squad walking past you......................

They would see you coming and cross the road.

37 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Davie Provan is an annoying potato headed wee fud. His summarising of games is annoying in the extreme. Particularly his constant use of the term “very decent”.

Very decent??? How can something be very decent? It’s pretty much an oxymoron. Like “quite unique”. 

I've always not been able to stand Davie Provan. I think he's quite right wing in some of his political views from what I've seen. 

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I've always not been able to stand Davie Provan. I think he's quite right wing in some of his political views from what I've seen. 

Is Davie Provan wan o' these rare animals..............................

A right wing right winger, or wis he a right wing left winger, or indeed a left wing right winger, or a left wing left winger.

This is why football and politics should never be mixed.   

Edited by E=Mc2
typo

6 minutes ago, Yflab said:

He actually said “You will never play for England again.” And Sutton never did. Karma.

That’s the fella!

His “SAS” (boak) partnership with Shearer could easily have been successfully replicated for England for years if he hadn’t been such a big headed tool. 

That said, England had a few decent attackers during that time, so he might not have gotten a game anyway.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

That’s the fella!
His “SAS” (boak) partnership with Shearer could easily have been successfully replicated for England for years if he hadn’t been such a big headed tool. 
That said, England had a few decent attackers during that time, so he might not have gotten a game anyway.
In the championship season with Blackburn I am pretty sure Sutton didn't score in the second half of the season could be wrong but I don't think so.

He looks for any chance to stick the boot into us
He once said that Morton were the biggest team in Renfrewshire

He was the biggest plonker in Paisley on Friday. I wouldn’t let him upset me he’s just doing his usual for him to make a statement for us to go straight back down, just shows him for what he is.

2 hours ago, Hambud said:

We all know you only care about hall of famers etc etc.

However you're not paid to commentate on the games so nobody really cares if you know them or not. (Most of the squad on Friday had played last season fwiw).

I don't pay me telly licence to listen to a commentator describing the match talk about "the st mirren player passes to the other st mirren player".

I come on here to read your ramblings for free so I wouldn't moan about them, other than just now cause you asked for it emoji6.png

I’m taking a tanking today, and deservedly so. I’m going to sack myself and come back as a new Northern Irish forumster. 

Seriously though, what I meant was that all the new guys were pretty much unknown to me, so if I saw Brock Madsen, Heaton, King, Kellerman, Cooke, Willock, Kpekwa, etc out on the street in their civvies, I probably wouldn’t recognise them. Coulson has the gingery-blonde hair and stubbly beard thing going on, I might recognise him, and I’ve seen Ferdinand on the telly, so I would know him.

I’m just prepared to cut Paddy Bonnar a bit of slack, as we do have a ton of new faces, and Bonnar seems a nice enough chap.

Having said that, I’m getting my arse handed to me on a plate on the forum today.... I’m man enough to admit it, I need to up my game.... looking for a reaction next week. 

2 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

Is Davie Provan wan o' these rare animals..............................

A right wing right winger, or wis he a right wing left winger, or indeed a left wing right winger, or a left wing left winger.

This is why football and politics should never be mixed.   

What he was,  was a great player in his day.  I also knew him personally back then and he occasionally visited our house.  He was a decent guy who had time for those who had been less fortunate than himself even when illness forced him to quit.  My wife and I attended his Testimonial Match and paid for our tickets.  

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What he was,  was a great player in his day.  I also knew him personally back then and he occasionally visited our house.  He was a decent guy who had time for those who had been less fortunate than himself even when illness forced him to quit.  My wife and I attended his Testimonial Match and paid for our tickets.  

Did you not tell him you were a  St.Mirren supporter. :rolleyes: