Football Pundtwit Sutton

I think we should let it go , and put the W7 issues and the disagreements over the  arrival of Gus behind us as well. We need to be concentrating 100% on staying up. Sutton has been talking shite about SPL clubs for years , yet it takes us , on our first season back , to take up arms against him , he'll be laughing all the way to the bank !

eta and the wee gay Smisa badges too !

Edited by billyg

The club arent going to take legal action against Sutton, there's no grounds, he hasnt accused anyone of doing anything illegal.

And lets face it, do you think the club want to have to stand up in court and have all the shit splattered around in public concerning how they sacked Stubbs?

We do seem to be coming a bit more like the paranoid bigots everyday. And the more you slag/diss someone, or something in public, the more you are drawn to it. Like Billy says time for everyone to grow up a bit and make sure if you have to stand in a puddle of shit? You've at least got big enough boots on.

I wonder if there's a case for claiming back Stubbs' pay off. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a non disclosure clause on the severance deal. If Stubbs has then went running telling stories to a mate who just happens to have a media platform then there could well be a case there that he broke the non disdclsure. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

The club arent going to take legal action against Sutton, there's no grounds, he hasnt accused anyone of doing anything illegal.

And lets face it, do you think the club want to have to stand up in court and have all the shit splattered around in public concerning how they sacked Stubbs?

We do seem to be coming a bit more like the paranoid bigots everyday. And the more you slag/diss someone, or something in public, the more you are drawn to it. Like Billy says time for everyone to grow up a bit and make sure if you have to stand in a puddle of shit? You've at least got big enough boots on.

Defamation is a breach of civil law in Scotland.

I have already stated why the club may be reluctant to pursue this in court - so I agree with you on this particular point.

The first sentence in your third paragraph does not make sense. Why are you paranoid if you decide to defend yourself against defamatory remarks made on public TV? And what has that got to do with bigotry? If Sutton's remarks had been made against you personally on BT TV would you just have ignored them?

Just now, northstbuddie said:

Defamation is a breach of civil law in Scotland.

I have already stated why the club may be reluctant to pursue this in court - so I agree with you on this particular point.

The first sentence in your third paragraph does not make sense. Why are you paranoid if you decide to defend yourself against defamatory remarks made on public TV? And what has that got to do with bigotry? If Sutton's remarks had been made against you personally on BT TV would you just have ignored them?

If i was an SPFL footballer or Club, yes i would have ignored him. Now both club and one player in particular are drawn ever closer to him, and we know there will be hee haw legal action, so Sutton will be cock-a-hoop at having another load of free hits at us.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

If i was an SPFL footballer or Club, yes i would have ignored him. Now both club and one player in particular are drawn ever closer to him, and we know there will be hee haw legal action, so Sutton will be cock-a-hoop at having another load of free hits at us.

I think the least the club should do in these circumstances is send a formal legal letter of complaint to BT and ask them to take appropriate action against their employee ie a formal reprimand which I would assume is unlikely to be a 'first warning' given his track record.

Sutton is simply a loud mouth , he's like an aggressive fan boy and frankly uses belligerence as a substitute for ability and a lack of analytical ability.

He is having a go cos its controversial, it keeps him supposedly relevant.

Lets face it , he's a failed manager himself , but rather than address shortcomings , he looks to deflect. He appears to have been as good a manager as Stubbs, end of, no, wrong, in fact Stubbs was far more successful !! Says it all

21 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Sutton is simply a loud mouth , he's like an aggressive fan boy and frankly uses belligerence as a substitute for ability and a lack of analytical ability.

He is having a go cos its controversial, it keeps him supposedly relevant.

Lets face it , he's a failed manager himself , but rather than address shortcomings , he looks to deflect. He appears to have been as good a manager as Stubbs, end of, no, wrong, in fact Stubbs was far more successful !! Says it all

I agree with all that.

However there is a difference between making controversial statements for the hell of it as against deliberately defaming an individual or organisation.

25 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I think the least the club should do in these circumstances is send a formal legal letter of complaint to BT and ask them to take appropriate action against their employee ie a formal reprimand which I would assume is unlikely to be a 'first warning' given his track record.

Really, why? It means nothing unless you can prove something in court. Are st mirren going to go to court, ostensibly to defend one player now in the 'liability' category to only have to rake through all the internal strife, protests, back stabbing, media outburts etc surrounding Stubbs sacking?

no, Stubbs would have a field day as its not him breaking any confidentiality agreement, and when all the stories come out he might be able to tak e the club for even more thanks to his old mate Chris, and what would by then be the ex player Eckersley.

talk on the pitch, make others back up their claims.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really, why? It means nothing unless you can prove something in court. Are st mirren going to go to court, ostensibly to defend one player now in the 'liability' category to only have to rake through all the internal strife, protests, back stabbing, media outburts etc surrounding Stubbs sacking?

no, Stubbs would have a field day as its not him breaking any confidentiality agreement, and when all the stories come out he might be able to tak e the club for even more thanks to his old mate Chris, and what would by then be the ex player Eckersley.

Not for the first time you don't know what you are talking about LPM.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

It doesn't 'mean nothing unless you can prove it in court' the club can issue a letter of complaint without having (or wanting) to follow official channels or go to court. I'm sure they only want an acknowledgement of his mistake and unacceptable behaviour, not the man to be disciplined and sacked. BT and Chris could acknowledge it wasn't acceptable without any further escalation. 

31 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Not for the first time you don't know what you are talking about LPM.

You think st mirren are going to let their dirty washing around Stubbs sacking be aired in court? They would be giving away monet to Sutton, Stubbs and their legal teams if they were so suicidally minded.

if you send me a leagal letter telling me basically how much i upset you it might come in handy to get my fire going, but all it means is you wrote a letter then paid a lawyer to sign it. It means nothing.

3 hours ago, smcc said:

I am not a lawyer but I think that if St Mirren's solicitors sent Sutton a strongly worded letter advising him that, if he continued to make unsubstantiated allegations against the club or its staff members, legal action would ensue, he would watch his Ps and Qs in the future.

Mate, Sutton would get the letter printed in big letters and wear it on a t shirt every time he is in front of the cameras...............

Its what he lives for.....................

Now below is scandal, not what happened with Stubbs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2631880/Chris-Sutton-declared-bankrupt-former-Chelsea-Blackburn-striker-blames-problems-bad-financial-advice.html

He also said Cardiff City would be relegated with a record low points total , and obviously that the Sevco game was easiest game of the season.......

Edited by DougJamie

FFS are people still wittering on about sending letters to BT sport?

It's been 5 days now.

How empty does your life have to be that Sutton's comments are still making you heave with rage. :blink:

Oh and Eckersley is embarassing himself getting involved in this on Twitter. 

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's been 5 days now.

How empty does your life have to be that Sutton's comments are still making you heave with rage. :blink:

A  Silly wee Banner, covered hundreds of replies.................... Are u surprised ?

7 hours ago, billyg said:

I think we should let it go , and put the W7 issues and the disagreements over the  arrival of Gus behind us as well. We need to be concentrating 100% on staying up. Sutton has been talking shite about SPL clubs for years , yet it takes us , on our first season back , to take up arms against him , he'll be laughing all the way to the bank !

eta and the wee gay Smisa badges too !

100% Billy Friday was a positive we should build on that not distract. Bring on Hamilton COYS. 

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's been 5 days now.

Eckersley was named by Sutton on live TV as he was saying the dressing room was full of snakes - he has every right to reply to him and make his point.

The rest I agree with.

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's been 5 days now.

The pot calling the kettle black?