Football Pundtwit Sutton

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Eckersley was named by Sutton on live TV as he was saying the dressing room was full of snakes - he has every right to reply to him and make his point.

The rest I agree with.

Aye and by allowing his ego to do the talking, he made it worse.

He has been attacked as part of his employment with our club.

Eckersley should have left it to the club to respond.

Seem to remember that other idiot Craig Burley making comments about St. Mirren during a live game and he wasn’t allowed back could the same request be made to BT about Sutton. Also how do all these stories get out to the press - particularly the Sun ? Is there someone at the club leaking them. 

11 hours ago, renfrew bud said:

Seem to remember that other idiot Craig Burley making comments about St. Mirren during a live game and he wasn’t allowed back could the same request be made to BT about Sutton. Also how do all these stories get out to the press - particularly the Sun ? Is there someone at the club leaking them. 

You over estimate journalism these days. 

Most of what makes the tabloids in terms of Scottish football is not actually presented to the press or a journalist. Your average sports journalist just spends his day trawling forum like this and twitter in the hope something is reportable. 

Think someone made the point a few years ago by picking 1 or 2 names to be linked with us with the sole objective of proving this is what journalists do and for it to be either printed or hit a website as an 'exclusive' and sure enough, within 48 hours it was out there. 

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Aye and by allowing his ego to do the talking, he made it worse.

He has been attacked as part of his employment with our club.

Eckersley should have left it to the club to respond.

It was his character that was called into question - he had every right to respond puclicly.

17 hours ago, renfrew bud said:

We were linked to Kenny Miller for a while....... 

23 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It doesn't 'mean nothing unless you can prove it in court' the club can issue a letter of complaint without having (or wanting) to follow official channels or go to court. I'm sure they only want an acknowledgement of his mistake and unacceptable behaviour, not the man to be disciplined and sacked. BT and Chris could acknowledge it wasn't acceptable without any further escalation. 

NSB said "formal legal letter of complaint"  (whatever that is)  now you tell me the point of issuing something like that if you dont intend to follow it up in court.  

Issuing "legal" letters (i presume he means a letter drafted and submitted by a practising solicitor in the relevant field) only begets the other side to pass the matter on to their solicitors, followed by a series of letters being issued, followed by claims and counter claims and more meetings and letters until someone blinks and ends up with nothing more than a bill for several thousand pounds.

I suspect Sutton is NOT an employee of BT sport and is merely a jobbing self-employed pundit, so getting BT to do anything as a means of censure would be hard.  At the very best, they might decide not to use him without any mention of the reasons why.

In other words, this is all a pile of jizz

40 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

NSB said "formal legal letter of complaint"  (whatever that is)  now you tell me the point of issuing something like that if you dont intend to follow it up in court.  

Issuing "legal" letters (i presume he means a letter drafted and submitted by a practising solicitor in the relevant field) only begets the other side to pass the matter on to their solicitors, followed by a series of letters being issued, followed by claims and counter claims and more meetings and letters until someone blinks and ends up with nothing more than a bill for several thousand pounds.

I suspect Sutton is NOT an employee of BT sport and is merely a jobbing self-employed pundit, so getting BT to do anything as a means of censure would be hard.  At the very best, they might decide not to use him without any mention of the reasons why.

In other words, what I've written is all a pile of jizz

I agree :P

19 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

In other words, this is all a pile of jizz

Have you ever issued a complaint (all complaints fall under legislative and regulatory requirements, legal letter is just a bit of jargon)  to a company that's not ended up in court proceedings? I'll rephrase, have you ever issued a complaint to a company that HAS ended up in court proceedings?  Court isn't usually the normal step for these kind of complaints. 

He doesn't necessarily, what you're talking about there is a petition for court not a letter of complaint (legal or otherwise as stated).  They can seek legal advice and channels to follow without it automatically ending up as a court issue. Court is only one part of any legal framework. 

I agree, he likely is contracted or self-employed, something like that. I don't however agree St Mirren will be looking for compensatory or any other sort of court action against him though that others have eluded to. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deekthebuddie said:

The fact of the matter is Sutton is an ex player, now nobody,who only does what he does (talk shite and try to get folk wound up) to try and project some self importance.  A twat he is but not worthy of any second thought.

He says ... posting his second thought two weeks after the event!

1 hour ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Well, working hard does have the disadvantage of not being able to commit to being a keyboard warrior full time. Love the fact that you've taken the time to take issue with the timing of my post.  The secret bastard child of Sutton- perhaps?

I preferred the Yoda-like quality of your previous post, ("A twat he is but not worthy of any second thought"). You don't see any irony at all in advising the forum to move on and forget about Sutton almost 2 weeks after the final post in the thread until you posted telling us to forget about it? 

Fans who complained to BT Sports have now had a reply from the broadcaster, which basically says St Mirren will be invited to have a representative on one of BT Sports panel shows about Scottish football to give their side of the story on the dismissal of Alan Stubbs. I can't see why we'd be interested in doing that other than perhaps to challenge the comments about poisonous snakes in the dressing room. I do wonder if BT Sport's reply might inadvertently have revealed that Sutton was giving Stubbs' side of the story no doubt breaching any confidentiality clauses in the agreement when Stubbs was dismissed.