Football Pundtwit Sutton

1 minute ago, pod said:

So you didn't. :)

Didn't what Pod? Tell him I went to Love Street to watch the Saints?  No need.  He knew.  I have never made it a secret.  We talked about football from time to time and my sons and I all support Saints.  I did get phone calls from himself and Davie Hay,  then Celtic Manager,  offering me free tickets at Parkhead when Saints Went there but beside the Saints Fans and because as they said, they knew I was a committed St Mirren fan.  Is that clear enough? 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Didn't what Pod? Tell him I went to Love Street to watch the Saints?  No need.  He knew.  I have never made it a secret.  We talked about football from time to time and my sons and I all support Saints.  I did get phone calls from himself and Davie Hay,  then Celtic Manager,  offering me free tickets at Parkhead when Saints Went there but beside the Saints Fans and because as they said, they knew I was a committed St Mirren fan.  Is that clear enough? 

You really have to lighten up mate.  Do my smilies  not appear on your screen.  :P

Sutton , for a majority of the time is very negative about whatever game he's working at but will say he does give Celtic both barrels also , the comment about our dressing room shouldn't have been made and he should be asked by BT Sports why he did so. His friendship with Stubbs should be his business (who knows they could be special friends )and his feelings on whatever happened to him should be kept to himself. I agree with #44 and he should also know all the facts before he makes comments on national TV.

I’m taking a tanking today, and deservedly so. I’m going to sack myself and come back as a new Northern Irish forumster. 
Seriously though, what I meant was that all the new guys were pretty much unknown to me, so if I saw Brock Madsen, Heaton, King, Kellerman, Cooke, Willock, Kpekwa, etc out on the street in their civvies, I probably wouldn’t recognise them. Coulson has the gingery-blonde hair and stubbly beard thing going on, I might recognise him, and I’ve seen Ferdinand on the telly, so I would know him.
I’m just prepared to cut Paddy Bonnar a bit of slack, as we do have a ton of new faces, and Bonnar seems a nice enough chap.
Having said that, I’m getting my arse handed to me on a plate on the forum today.... I’m man enough to admit it, I need to up my game.... looking for a reaction next week. 
Yeah I knew that's what you were getting at and I probably wouldn't recognise many of Stubbs signings either but luckily the team on friday was mostly filled with Jack's players.

Nah bonner is as bad as the rest, he'd be tweeting about how bad we were too Stubbs if he even knew that Stubbs had been our manager but because we aren't Celtic he didn't know.

Ricky you have survived a lot of annoying posting on this forum, not quite with your reputation in tact but not every body has turned on you.

But did you just say you were friends with Davie Hay? If the answer to that is yes someone close this account!!!

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:
15 minutes ago, Hambud said:
Ricky you have survived a lot of annoying posting on this forum, not quite with your reputation in tact but not every body has turned on you.

But did you just say you were friends with Davie Hay? If the answer to that is yes someone close this account!!!

Davie Hays Mother once gave me an orange!

Shame on you. 

18 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Yours or his. 

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
20 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Davie Hays Mother once gave me an orange!

Still doesn't give you the bragging rights. :P

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Yeah, Stubbs is innocent in this whole thing as the players decided to drive him out. He definitely didn't do anything that may have led to them deciding to act that way. They just randomly decided they'd had enough.

It was Jack Ross' doing. He told Gordon Scott that Kearney should get the job in summer. When that didn't happen, Jack convinced Stephen McGinn and co to plot the downfall of Stubbs. When Mack and Eck were told to go, they injured each other so no move would succeed due to failed medicals. Meanwhile Cammy Smith and Danny Mullen requested the help of Jim Goodwin to "sort out 75K boy", hence why he's injured. Craig Samson payed the opposition reserve player to take out Danny Rogers.

As for Kyle Magennis? He personally suggested getting Jones, Brock-Madsen and  Kpekawa in. He also contacted Greg Stewart and told him not to come to Paisley, "Now isn't the time" were the words.

The only mistake the Great Alan Stubbs made was bringing in Darren Jackson. Which in itself should be a sackable offence anyway.

Gordon Scott knew all this, hence his quickness to oust the Great Manager and bring in that Northern Irish bloke.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

What he was,  was a great player in his day.  I also knew him personally back then and he occasionally visited our house.  He was a decent guy who had time for those who had been less fortunate than himself even when illness forced him to quit.  My wife and I attended his Testimonial Match and paid for our tickets.  

I'm glad to hear you paid for your tickets, I'd hate to think you snuck in for free!

54 minutes ago, Hambud said:

I hang my head in shame and admit it. I was friends with Davie Hay. There I've said it. I'll now leave quietly. PS. Davy Wilson ex Rangers also used to call me to offer me tickets when Saints played at Ibrox. As the song says "those days are gone now" I'm off.

Edited by St.Ricky

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I hang my head in shame and admit it. I was friends with Davies Hay. There I've said it. I'll now leave quietly. PS. Davy Wilson ex Rangers also used to call me to offer me tickets when Saints played at Ibrox. As the song says "those days are gone now" I'm off.

I bet he was delighted you got his name right Walter.