Football Pundtwit Sutton

Slightly off topic (Sutton) but staying with BT Sport.
I couldn’t access Saints TV yesterday so went to the BT Sport stream via YouTube.
Two young sounding English chaps provided the commentary for the game.
At the top of the screen there was a box labelled “Donate” and if anyone did then they could watch the Celtic v Rosenberg game free.
What I found shocking was that those that made a donation could leave a message which appeared on screen, which were subsequently read out by the commentary team.
Two donators in particular were pretty shocking. “Can you walk can you talk Fernando Ricksen” the Stupid arse commentator read it out then said “Big thank you to Fernando Ricksen for your donation” [emoji85]
The other related to Bobby Sands and again “a big thanks to Bobby Sands for your donation” cringeworthy stuff.
BTW. The commentators had no idea of the names of any of the Saints players.

I couldn’t access Saints TV yesterday so went to the BT Sport stream via YouTube.
At the top of the screen there was a box labelled “Donate” and if anyone did then they could watch the Celtic v Rosenberg game free.
What I found shocking was that those that made a donation could leave a message which appeared on screen, which were subsequently read out by the commentary team.
Two donators in particular were pretty shocking. “Can you walk can you talk Fernando Ricksen” the Stupid arse commentator read it out then said “Big thank you to Fernando Ricksen for your donation” [emoji85]
The other related to Bobby Sands and again “a big thanks to Bobby Sands for your donation” cringeworthy stuff.
Pat Bonner reporting for the BBC didn't know the names of the saints players either.

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Given your nauseating attempt at getting a bit of street cred for being in the army, I think Mr Pot should reconsider what names he starts chucking at Mr Kettle.[emoji14]

On a related note I long for the days when we reduce our armed forces to having no role other than pure defence against an invading army. That way we wouldn't be tempted to embarass ourselves in the likes of Iraq, Afghanistan or numerous regions of the world where we have absolutely no right to be. Having an army in NI contributed to the surge in support for the IRA. Both sides were as bad as each other.

[emoji6]

Edited by ged62

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You've done what now?

Oh sweet baby Jesus :lol:

Yes I have because no matter who he is pundit for unless celtic he is doom and gloom has never anything positive to say stands there like a tailers dummy in topmans window display. I think he sounds off. He also is hopeless when Scotland playing never has a good word unless he has too. Honestly in his position when the game is about 2 teams and on television being broadcast around the world to fans of both teams he shod not be so blatantly obvious his team is playing. And also pundits and reporters should  stick to facts. 

Also on another note I thought it was nice to see celtic fans applaud our new manager when presented for first time to home fans

13 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

The meedja seems determined to keep this bullshit story running.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oran-kearney-should-beware-st-13251847

Have you ever read a bigger pile of utter bullshit in your life? Posts by Dickson and LPM don't count.

What complete horseshit from Stubbs  Parks, you know you’ve reached the bottom of the pile when you roll up at the Daily Rectum....

Yet another piece of invention from them.

10 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

What complete horseshit from Stubbs  Parks, you know you’ve reached the bottom of the pile when you roll up at the Daily Rectum....

Yet another piece of invention from them.

Deadline looming, no idea what to write about, oh good Sutton is saying something controversial....let me pad that out a bit...

If Stubbs wasn't such a piss poor man manager, then he wouldn't have lost the dressing room. Case closed.

The last manager has been and gone, we are moving on. There does though remain a problem with the likes of Eckersley stupidly engaging in Social Media suicide by continuing to fan the flames. I had already said i believe he's played his last first team game for the club, and on Friday nights showing you can see why.

but also because he will always be seen as an instigator of unrest. He's not the only one McGinn complaining about the new recruits in the media, and Smith showing open petulance to name but two... they at least seem to have switched back on to the job. A leaf should be taken out of Big Mac's book, the epitome of a professional.

Parks is the Scottish sports hack equivalent of Katie Hopkins. I wouldn't dignify his pitiful attempts at being a shock-jock to the hard of thinking with any further response. The incoherent slabberings in that piece are embarrassing. Beneath contempt.

File it under never to be referred to again and move on.

Shockingly biased journalism from The Record, although it's what you've come to expect. :rolleyes:

Even St Mirren’s one win over Dundee came via a default.

Far from being the better side, it required a dreadful mistake from Dens keeper Jack
Hamilton to hand the Buddies the points on a plate.

That was a good team goal - first closing down the fullback and  then the keeper to force a mistake and Mullen arriving in the box to receive a pass and slot it home. Even when Dundee were on top that afternoon Saints maintained discipline & effort.

6 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Two donators in particular were pretty shocking. “Can you walk can you talk Fernando Ricksen” the Stupid arse commentator read it out then said “Big thank you to Fernando Ricksen for your donation” emoji85.png

I've came across these morons previously, they read ANYTHING out, I almost donated to ask them to say they were a pair of pricks but it would have went right over their heads.

1 hour ago, Hambud said:
6 hours ago, Russian Saint said:
Two donators in particular were pretty shocking. “Can you walk can you talk Fernando Ricksen” the Stupid arse commentator read it out then said “Big thank you to Fernando Ricksen for your donation” emoji85.png

Pat Bonner reporting for the BBC didn't know the names of the saints players either.

To be fair to Bonner, I still don’t know the names of many of our players. Seriously, if I walked past at least six or seven of our current first team squad in the street, I wouldn’t recognise them.

11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Shockingly biased journalism from The Record, although it's what you've come to expect. :rolleyes:

That was a good team goal - first closing down the fullback and  then the keeper to force a mistake and Mullen arriving in the box to receive a pass and slot it home. Even when Dundee were on top that afternoon Saints maintained discipline & effort.

My view on the Dundee game was that there were long spells where both teams were the better team. Was a reasonably even, and entertaining, contest. To be fair, the Dundee keeper acting the Joe Cnut did hand us the three points. It was great. Well played son. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The last manager has been and gone, we are moving on. There does though remain a problem with the likes of Eckersley stupidly engaging in Social Media suicide by continuing to fan the flames. I had already said i believe he's played his last first team game for the club, and on Friday nights showing you can see why.

but also because he will always be seen as an instigator of unrest. He's not the only one McGinn complaining about the new recruits in the media, and Smith showing open petulance to name but two... they at least seem to have switched back on to the job. A leaf should be taken out of Big Mac's book, the epitome of a professional.

Full time shit-stirrer upset with flame fanners....

24 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Full time shit-stirrer upset with flame fanners....

Harsh words! I am not sure Eckersley deserves all of them? 

What is apparent in the human psyche displayed on here, is the mentality that seems unable to think what is the agenda of Sutton, Parks, Provan etc.. and then, to pour more petrol on the flames they go onto continually referencing, commenting, sharing, quoting and general spread the reach and duration of yet another OF agenda.

this is what OF fans do, they lap every bit of shit up thats splattered their way, regurgitate it and share it around to the point that most of them believe whatever rubbish it is. Surely we are a wee bit better than that?

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

The meedja seems determined to keep this bullshit story running.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oran-kearney-should-beware-st-13251847

Have you ever read a bigger pile of utter bullshit in your life? Posts by Dickson and LPM don't count.

Gordon Parks, failed footballerand now 'sports journalist' with a  writing style  reminiscent of  pure and utter sh*te.   Bye the way is he a friend on Sutton?:lol:

22 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

this is what OF fans do, they lap every bit of shit up thats splattered their way, regurgitate it and share it around to the point that most of them believe whatever rubbish it is. Surely we are a wee bit better than that?

Well are you?  You are the one going back to the issue and saying your piece (incorrectly) about Smith, McGinn and Eckersley.

It is no surprise at all to see the Old Firm supporters in the press closing ranks and backing their buddy Stubbs. 

All that matters is the players and fans are happy the halfwit Stubbs is gone and Kearney is in. Print out the nonsense and stick it up on the dressing room wall. These buffoons in the media would have been dying for Celtic to give us a doing the other night and they didn't get it. Every single game from now on is a chance for these players to show they are right and Stubbs chums are wrong.

And I am all for Eckersley and Langfield standing up for themselves and the club publically.

I am sure Oran Kearney will know how to use all this to our advantage. He seems a smart guy, unlike a few others....

Edited by Kemp

50 minutes ago, shull said:

Celtic Minded Davie Provan jumps on the MY PAL STUBBS bandwagon. 

DSC_0081.thumb.jpg.70ec8218b3b934a1d89a14d8ddc64972.jpg

Davie Provan is an annoying potato headed wee fud. His summarising of games is annoying in the extreme. Particularly his constant use of the term “very decent”.

Very decent??? How can something be very decent? It’s pretty much an oxymoron. Like “quite unique”. 

It's highly convenient that these media morons keep pointing out he was "sacked after just four games". Let's just skip by the League Cup, needing penalties to beat L2 Queen's Park and Lowland League Spartans, after going 2-0 down, the comeback enforced by...Stephen McGinn and his downed tools. Going 3-0 down away to Aberdeen after just 27 minutes was disgraceful.

We proved on Friday it was the right decision after Oran's debut landed us a draw against Celtic, alongside a clean sheet from a defence which prior to this was an absolute shambles. Had Stubbs been in charged it would have been horrendous viewing for us, considering we kept being finished by half time elsewhere. 

Oran will get the time because he's got a great reputation for getting on well with players, Coleraine players have praised him, fans loved him. Stubbs had previous of struggling with this at Rotherham. Among all these reports there is no mention of Darren Jackson either, which probably wasn't helping the cause.