Gordon Parks / Sunday Mail

Learned a few things today about the “loss of the dressing room” which, if true make Stubbs a right turd .... Friday’s game sums that up! 
To be a manager, all you need is people to manage.

To be a leader, you need to have people willing to follow.

It was very clear very early that Jack Ross was a leader... a great leader.

It was clear very early on that Stubbs was a manager... a poor manager.

Alienated the very people he would come to rely on... just like Butcher did at Hibs.

OK?

I see signs already of the man being the best choice to take us forward. I like the cut of his jib.

Guest TPAFKATS
Should be more concerned with their dressing room.[emoji38]
On reflection I may have confused him with Gordon Waddell - another mail click bait 'journo'. [emoji3]
A couple of cockwombles

46 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Between him & Stubbs it’s feck all to do with them the way our club is run. I don’t buy papers & don’t listen to Stubbs on TV, best way.

Correct. At the end of the day, we as a club followed all due procedure and paid the money required to rectify the mistake we as club, made. 

That a pair of puddle drinking f**knuggets like Parks and Waddell 'won't shed a tear' if we go down, means they presumably will shed plenty when we stay up and are vindicated in our decision. Then we can all bask in their salty, salty tears. 

I also find it hilarious that Waddell has pointed the finger of blame directly at GLS for bagging him and not TF because Fitzy wouldn't be involved  as he 'clearly has more knowledge of how football works'. If he had done the first bit of research and asking about he'd have realised just how far from the truth that is and how fraught the relationship between Stubbs and Fitzy became from very early on in proceedings. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Correct. At the end of the day, we as a club followed all due procedure and paid the money required to rectify the mistake we as club, made. 
That a pair of puddle drinking f**knuggets like Parks and Waddell 'won't shed a tear' if we go down, means they presumably will shed plenty when we stay up and are vindicated in our decision. Then we can all bask in their salty, salty tears. 
I also find it hilarious that Waddell has pointed the finger of blame directly at GLS for bagging him and not TF because Fitzy wouldn't be involved  as he 'clearly has more knowledge of how football works'. If he had done the first bit of research and asking about he'd have realised just how far from the truth that is and how fraught the relationship between Stubbs and Fitzy became from very early on in proceedings. 
My understanding is Gordon Scott happy to let the board decide on footballing matters.
This may of course be a convenient excuse given what has unfolded over the summer [emoji4]

We had a spell last year as a bit of a media darling under JR. On the flip side though, the players are now public enemy number one because in football, you are not allowed to be disheartened or demotivated by incompetent or outright abusive team and man management and to express any form of displeasure is a cardinal sin. This will hopefully develop a bit of a siege mentality in our dressing room. 

I'd like to ask some of these so called journalists what their reaction would be if their editor walked into the office in their first week and told the entire workforce 'You're shite, find another job ASAP'...

Would they be motivated enough to still give 100%?

Would they go 'f**k you, I'm phoning it on until I get something else'?

Would they group together as two fingers up to the new editor? 

Football doesn't work in some parallel universe where players are expected to brush shite like that off, even though some expect them to...f**k knows why this is expected of footballers. Yes its a quite macho environment and you need thick skin but we've seen in the last couple of years that several professional young men in football have struggled personally as a result of terribly poor man management. 

I said before OK started that regardless of his experience, his testimonials all hark back to his interpersonal skills which along with his intelligence, will prove his biggest asset. People are people regardless of profession and if you win over the people you're in charge of and get them to buy in, it is a massive advantage. If you invest a bit of time and effort in making folk happy and appreciated, they will fight harder for you. 

Instead of recrimination via their media pals, Stubbs and Jackson should both be looking at themselves in the mirror and reflecting (pun intended) on their respective shortcomings both professionally and possibly personally. 

15 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Stubbs had to go , if he had stayed there was a very good chance we would be straight back down , some folk may disagree and that's their choice , but as for Sutton and Parks ,Who really gives a feck what they think?

What they think ? To a certain degree I do agree with you.  Sutton I expect controversy . Parks for me has crossed the line not only has he dragged Paisley into the gutter he has also made up assumptions listening to Sutton on BT sport. You read the arrival and I am at a loss he even watched the game. Of course he did his point was they now tried but not under Stubbs. What the ideot did not pick up is only two of Stubbs signings started the game. We the fans watching week in week out could see by the player's reaction on field not all was right. Parks is a disgrace it's not being aka Sutton controversial it's nothing short of an angar writting under a fit of rage. I bought the mail for football and  forth coming gigs. No more it will be the Sunday Herald every Sunday now. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What they think ? To a certain degree I do agree with you.  Sutton I expect controversy . Parks for me has crossed the line not only has he dragged Paisley into the gutter he has also made up assumptions listening to Sutton on BT sport. You read the arrival and I am at a loss he even watched the game. Of course he did his point was they now tried but not under Stubbs. What the ideot did not pick up is only two of Stubbs signings started the game. We the fans watching week in week out could see by the player's reaction on field not all was right. Parks is a disgrace it's not being aka Sutton controversial it's nothing short of an angar writting under a fit of rage. I bought the mail for football and  forth coming gigs. No more it will be the Sunday Herald every Sunday now. 

Willnae 

12 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Starts his vile attack on the sacking of Alan Stubbs by writting The town of terror better known as Paisley.  The language written in the article is shocking and full of lies. 

That will be the OF supporters from the town to blame for that. :angry:

I haven’t read anything from Stubbs side regarding his sacking, “snakes” in the dressing room etc. I’m assuming (unless he has come out with his side and I just haven’t seen it) it would have been part of his pay off that he had to keep schtum and not go running to the tabloids.
At the end of the day, he’s gone and none of us know the discussions that took place that resulted in his P45.
What we do know is.
1. His recruitment was not what we needed for our return to the top flight (not being disrespectful to the guys he signed)
2. We were lucky to get out the group stage of the league cup.
3. We were lucky to beat Dundee due they squandered chance after chance.
4. Pumped by Aberdeen in the cup followed by another 3 (one being Livingston) teams in the league.

I honestly thought he’d do a job for us, but like so many others I could see the cracks appear after a few weeks. Therefore he had to go in my opinion.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

We had a spell last year as a bit of a media darling under JR. On the flip side though, the players are now public enemy number one because in football, you are not allowed to be disheartened or demotivated by incompetent or outright abusive team and man management and to express any form of displeasure is a cardinal sin. This will hopefully develop a bit of a siege mentality in our dressing room. 

I'd like to ask some of these so called journalists what their reaction would be if their editor walked into the office in their first week and told the entire workforce 'You're shite, find another job ASAP'...

Would they be motivated enough to still give 100%?

Would they go 'f**k you, I'm phoning it on until I get something else'?

Would they group together as two fingers up to the new editor? 

Football doesn't work in some parallel universe where players are expected to brush shite like that off, even though some expect them to...f**k knows why this is expected of footballers. Yes its a quite macho environment and you need thick skin but we've seen in the last couple of years that several professional young men in football have struggled personally as a result of terribly poor man management. 

I said before OK started that regardless of his experience, his testimonials all hark back to his interpersonal skills which along with his intelligence, will prove his biggest asset. People are people regardless of profession and if you win over the people you're in charge of and get them to buy in, it is a massive advantage. If you invest a bit of time and effort in making folk happy and appreciated, they will fight harder for you. 

Instead of recrimination via their media pals, Stubbs and Jackson should both be looking at themselves in the mirror and reflecting (pun intended) on their respective shortcomings both professionally and possibly personally. 

Nail on the head. In any line of work or business you need to have managers with good personal and man management skills. It’s common knowledge that Stubbs and his yapping dug Jackson had neither. 

41 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That's a mistake - it's one of the most OF saturated papers you can buy. Typically the Herald devotees over 80% of its football coverage to just 2 Glasgow teams - and I don't mean Patrick Thistle and Queens Park.

I would suggest you try the Times which is a bit more balanced in its coverage - and I am not a Rupert Murdoch fan.

14 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

That's a mistake - it's one of the most OF saturated papers you can buy. Typically the Herald devotees over 80% of its football coverage to just 2 Glasgow teams - and I don't mean Patrick Thistle and Queens Park.

I would suggest you try the Times which is a bit more balanced in its coverage - and I am not a Rupert Murdoch fan.

Did the Sunday Herald not have it's final ever publication earlier this month?

I have just got round to read the drivel spouted by Gordon Parks in the rag that masquerades as a newspaper. He comes across as a slavering simpleton with his assumptions. A toxic dressing room that is ruled by player power? Only a few months ago we were runaway champions of the league we were in, I'm sure that it wasn't toxic then. Having a dig at GLS for getting rid of Stubbs because he wasn't a football man and so knew nothing, forgetting that GLS was the guy who gave Jack Ross his platform. If we are successful under OK he will feel vindicated in saying the players chose not to perform for Stubbs. If we aren't he will feel the same and say it's our fault that we binned him too early. Davy Provan is the same with his pish.
Let's get it right up the lot of them.

Guest TPAFKATS
Did the Sunday Herald not have it's final ever publication earlier this month?
Aye, it's gone.
I think the herald now prints 7 days instead and theres a Sunday National or National Sunday as well.

9 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Aye, it's gone.
I think the herald now prints 7 days instead and theres a Sunday National or National Sunday as well.

The content of "New" Sunday Herald is much the same as the old version without some of the politics. Magazine has had a bit of a makeover too.

Haven't read the National version.

Guest TPAFKATS
The content of "New" Sunday Herald is much the same as the old version without some of the politics. Magazine has had a bit of a makeover too.
Haven't read the National version.
Yeah, the 'daily' herald was pro union and the Sunday was pro independence. The new version is same as the daily politically.

Sunday National is pro indy same as daily.

Stubbs wasn't the man to lead st mirren. Gordon parks must think one day stubbsy will go back into club management and have European success or even venture into international management and win a world cup.  i wish him luck. Gordon parks is backing his pal he has a platform and must think that if stubbs was given time he could have turned it around. A very delusional gordon parks. 

7 hours ago, Paisley brazilians said:

Stubbs wasn't the man to lead st mirren. Gordon parks must think one day stubbsy will go back into club management and have European success or even venture into international management and win a world cup.  i wish him luck. Gordon parks is backing his pal he has a platform and must think that if stubbs was given time he could have turned it around. A very delusional gordon parks. 

You're spot on but, give it a few weeks and we'll be hankering for his return,...……. As technical Director.

Couldn't be a worse choice than wee angry.