New SMISA badge

bazil85

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

I 'll pick one up , but didn't get the e-mail , first one I haven't received !

Got the original email on 23rd August then a reminder last week. It's a benefit for the £25 and lump sum members mate, if that's what your subscription is?

Could probably have been a bit clearer in my original post sorry. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And just to make a hundred odd fans feel that wee bit more elite smisa spend everyone's money to custom make a badge to underline their elite status.

ffs the wheels are coming off big time. Struggling to justify to myself why i should keep donating to this bowling club?

Careful, the troll's out fishing again. 

If you think a single SMISA member paying these fees thinks of themselves as 'elite' because they've got a pin that likely cost under £1 you're delusional. The hierarchy you're eluding to is completely fabricated but hey, not like you to turn it to the negative. 

Can't 'justify' because someone has something you don't, how mature :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Wait till he see's what the £2500 lump lot are getting. emoji23.png

He’s moaning about something he was fully aware of. Now all of a sudden it can’t ‘justify his membership. Clear agenda against SMISA, aw diddums :lol:

2EA3296E-276E-4B96-81AB-126BEB24A027.jpeg.8f8c0f7e221a65927abe650258832d64.jpeg

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Got the original email on 23rd August then a reminder last week. It's a benefit for the £25 and lump sum members mate, if that's what your subscription is?

Could probably have been a bit clearer in my original post sorry. 

Can you clarify , the badge is only available to premium members ?

I don't even know where my original badge is , but , as you have stated , these things cost pennies if bought in bulk. They should have been made available to everyone. I thought the fans council were the only ones who could possibly alienate some of their membership with blundering decisions , looks like it's catching !

nb I have never criticised Smisa before , but a little common sense goes a long way !

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

I don't even know where my original badge is , but , as you have stated , these things cost pennies if bought in bulk. They should have been made available to everyone. I thought the fans council were the only ones who could possibly alienate some of their membership with blundering decisions , looks like it's catching !

nb I have never criticised Smisa before , but a little common sense goes a long way !

For me they do advertise additional benefits for premium members. That has to come somewhere.

Personally I'm not fussed and don't pay the money for more reward, I pay it for the football club and would be happy if they were available to all. Even if they did something like ask for a small donation to cover costs. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

For me they do advertise additional benefits for premium members. That has to come somewhere.

Personally I'm not fussed and don't pay the money for more reward, I pay it for the football club and would be happy if they were available to all. Even if they did something like ask for a small donation to cover costs. 

Yes , but the additional benefits shouldn't meet the eye of the non-premium members.  Additional jollys are one thing , but them and us trinkets for all to see is the wrong way to go about it. Believe me , there will be some of the small mindeds who think , "look at my badge I'm better than you" ! This shouldn't happen , and I'll be raising it at the next meeting !

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

Yes , but the additional benefits shouldn't meet the eye of the non-premium members.  Additional jollys are one thing , but them and us trinkets for all to see is the wrong way to go about it. Believe me , there will be some of the small mindeds who think , "look at my badge I'm better than you" ! This shouldn't happen , and I'll be raising it at the next meeting !

If people have that mindset, they're twats and should be ignored IMO.  I also feel there's people (like LPM and SD) that try force that as more of an issue than it actually is. 

I have to disagree with the rest, I think there should be full transparency from any organisation like this and wouldn't agree secret squirrelling benefits is the best approach. Can understand where you're coming from though, don't get me wrong.  

I went to Goodwood festival of speed this year and they gave me a little tag which showed clearly to others where i could and couldn`t go. Others who had spent more, got a different coloured tag and got into places i couldnt ...... and good luck to them ! 

I knew what i was signing up to , what i would get for my money and also what the benefits of paying more would be and it was my decsion.

Its a badge, they`ve paid for it and i dont grudge it.    If you really want one of these badges , join at the appropriate level.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

If people have that mindset, they're twats and should be ignored IMO.  I also feel there's people (like LPM and SD) that try force that as more of an issue than it actually is. 

I have to disagree with the rest, I think there should be full transparency from any organisation like this and wouldn't agree secret squirrelling benefits is the best approach. Can understand where you're coming from though, don't get me wrong.  

I don't pay attention to anyone else's opinions on Smisa , but things like this really bug me. If there's a them and us strategy developing , me and my family members ( 12 of us) will all be out of Smisa.

Just now, billyg said:

I don't pay attention to anyone else's opinions on Smisa , but things like this really bug me. If there's a them and us strategy developing , me and my family members ( 12 of us) will all be out of Smisa.

Bit of an over reaction Billy, don't you think? I don't see a 'them and us' strategy at all.

It was well advertised from day one there would be additional benefits depending on what membership level you went into. It's hardly like the badge says 'look at me I pay more money' it's a simple pin celebrating us winning the league. 

Would you really be happy with people jeopardising the whole BTB model over them making good on what they promised?