New SMISA badge

bazil85

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I went to Goodwood festival of speed this year and they gave me a little tag which showed clearly to others where i could and couldn`t go. Others who had spent more, got a different coloured tag and got into places i couldnt ...... and good luck to them ! 

I knew what i was signing up to , what i would get for my money and also what the benefits of paying more would be and it was my decsion.

Its a badge, they`ve paid for it and i dont grudge it.    If you really want one of these badges , join at the appropriate level.

I don't give a f**k about the badges pal , but it bothers me if some wanker thinks he's better than me cos he's wearing one. I agree with benefits for those who are paying more , but I object to Joe Public being able to see it !

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Bit of an over reaction Billy, don't you think? I don't see a 'them and us' strategy at all.

It was well advertised from day one there would be additional benefits depending on what membership level you went into. It's hardly like the badge says 'look at me I pay more money' it's a simple pin celebrating us winning the league. 

Would you really be happy with people jeopardising the whole BTB model over them making good on what they promised? 

Everyone should get one then ! Is it just the twenty-five quidders who are celebrating ???

1 minute ago, billyg said:

Everyone should get one then ! Is it just the twenty-five quidders who are celebrating ???

Maybe they could do them at a price for others, who knows.

The thing about additional benefits is they have to be benefits. Something that's nice to have. Surely you could make the argument 'everyone should get' for literally anything they choose as a benefit for the premium members?

I dont think anyone give a flying f**k about badges (or badgers). Its the ham fidted way smisa do things that gets on peoples tits. My family are in it to the tune of tens of thousands but will be embarrassed about stupid stuff like this.

the benefits for £25 and above members were supposed to be exclusive events. But smisa are so bad at organising them they get cancelled due to lack of interest, or if run anyone can go for a fee. 

Theres about 1300 people paying in each month for another eight years. The lump sum members money was spent on the first down payment to the old board. Smisa would be advised to stop taking the members now funding everything for granted! If you keep giving people a reason to chuck it, guess what happens?

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

I don't give a f**k about the badges pal , but it bothers me if some wanker thinks he's better than me cos he's wearing one. I agree with benefits for those who are paying more , but I object to Joe Public being able to see it !

If the situation was reversed, I would object to the exact opposite. Transparency over secrecy every time for me. Shows it's lose/lose for them.  

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I dont think anyone give a flying f**k about badges (or badgers). Its the ham fidted way smisa do things that gets on peoples tits. My family are in it to the tune of tens of thousands but will be embarrassed about stupid stuff like this.

the benefits for £25 and above members were supposed to be exclusive events. But smisa are so bad at organising them they get cancelled due to lack of interest, or if run anyone can go for a fee. 

Theres about 1300 people paying in each month for another eight years. The lump sum members money was spent on the first down payment to the old board. Smisa would be advised to stop taking the members now funding everything for granted! If you keep giving people a reason to chuck it, guess what happens?

Again some more ill informed information here. - "the occasional piece of limited-edition SMISA memorabilia (such as pin badges, scarfs or T-shirts) to be made available"

Directly lifted form the SMISA website. They are offering exactly what they said they would do and what everyone who bothered to read the website knew they would do. 

As for the organising events lack of interest, yet more spin. Premium members were asked and the overwhelming majority said they were paying more for the deal NOT for additional benefits. That was why uptake was low and they changed the way they did it. It's called acting on feedback. 

Giving people a reason to chuck it... By doing exactly as you said you'd do when people signed up. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Maybe they could do them at a price for others, who knows.

The thing about additional benefits is they have to be benefits. Something that's nice to have. Surely you could make the argument 'everyone should get' for literally anything they choose as a benefit for the premium members?

I couldn't have been more clearer , I have no objection to increased benefits for higher payers , this is just the wrong thing to do . Someone is paying 12 pounds per month , another is paying £25 , the person paying £25 gets a wee trinket to wear which costs Smisa 50p. That's not a benefit mate , that's a badge of honour telling everyone you're the bigger payer , it's wrong on so many levels. Badges should be for everyone involved , or no-one , simple.  As I said , I'll be raising the matter when I get the chance !

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

I couldn't have been more clearer , I have no objection to increased benefits for higher payers , this is just the wrong thing to do . Someone is paying 12 pounds per month , another is paying £25 , the person paying £25 gets a wee trinket to wear which costs Smisa 50p. That's not a benefit mate , that's a badge of honour telling everyone you're the bigger payer , it's wrong on so many levels. Badges should be for everyone involved , or no-one , simple.  As I said , I'll be raising the matter when I get the chance !

Like I quoted earlier Billy - the occasional piece of limited-edition SMISA memorabilia (such as pin badges, scarfs or T-shirts) to be made available; This is something they said would happen before the deal completed. 

I could understand if the badge specifically said £25 member but it doesn't. I would say if you get individuals rubbing it in other peoples faces, that says more about them than anything else. 

36 minutes ago, billyg said:

Genuine question Billy. Are you a SMISA member and have you got one of the standard SMISA badges ?

1 minute ago, billyg said:

Yes and yes , as I 've already mentioned.

Is that much different from SMISA St Mirren fans and non SMISA St Mirren fans?

and SMISA £12 to SMISA £25? 

I think the issue here is a people one and that you think there will be some using it for bragging rights. I've seen absolutely nothing from any £25 member that I would say was bragging rights. 

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Good man.  So how would you feel if a non smisa season ticket holder referred to you as a superior Wanker for displaying your badge ?

I don't wear the badge , never have done. Nobody who knows me would call me a wanker anyway ! :rolleyes: We're not discussing Smisa v Non-Smisa , we're discussing those who think they can/will pull rank because they wear a different badge from everyone else !

Just now, billyg said:

I don't wear the badge , never have done. Nobody who knows me would call me a wanker anyway ! :rolleyes: We're not discussing Smisa v Non-Smisa , we're discussing those who think they can/will pull rank because they wear a different badge from everyone else !

As has been stated elsewhere, that says more about those individuals than anything else. I would hazard a guess 95% of the £25 squad will wear their badge with pride and no intention to do anyone else down.

I can just see 'that' group of Smisa badge wearers, haranguing the Fans council to get non member oiks papped oot the 1877 club as they proudly display their badges on their pringle jumpers and discuss how to make the next golf day out even more exclusive and unaffordable to the average saints fan. How would we ever manage without them?

Is that much different from SMISA St Mirren fans and non SMISA St Mirren fans?

and SMISA £12 to SMISA £25? 

I think the issue here is a people one and that you think there will be some using it for bragging rights. I've seen absolutely nothing from any £25 member that I would say was bragging rights. 

Am sure you will staunchly defend SMISA the way you always do on this Bazil. but I would like to know the idiot who came up with this great idea when the next SMISA election vote comes round,  {if am still a member}  Are these the kind of intellectual people that will be running the club in a few years  time.... Jesus  :thumbsdown

7 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Am sure you will staunchly defend SMISA the way you always do on this Bazil. but I would like to know the idiot who came up with this great idea when the next SMISA election vote comes round,  {if am still a member}  Are these the kind of intellectual people that will be running the club in a few years  time.... Jesus  :thumbsdown

As I've said before, the details are on and always have been on the SMISA website since the start. This isn't something anyone has just decided on. 

I also have to say, it's eye opening that so many people would get upset about a wee badge. I was really happy with the gesture but if anyone wants it so bad they're bloody welcome to it ffs. 

27 minutes ago, billyg said:

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I can just see 'that' group of Smisa badge wearers, haranguing the Fans council to get non member oiks papped oot the 1877 club as they proudly display their badges on their pringle jumpers and discuss how to make the next golf day out even more exclusive and unaffordable to the average saints fan. How would we ever manage without them?

Out of interest, can anyone actually reference one single occasion where a £25 paying member has ever 'pulled rank' or have in any way, shape or form displayed behaviour that they think they're better?

I've said all along, this sort of elitism isn't happening and is fabricated by a few individuals. Never seen it from yourself before Billy though, have to say I'm surprised. 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

As I've said before, the details are on and always have been on the SMISA website since the start. This isn't something anyone has just decided on. 

I also have to say, it's eye opening that so many people would get upset about a wee badge. I was really happy with the gesture but if anyone wants it so bad they're bloody welcome to it ffs. 

You don't get it Bazil or do you ?  I could understand if it was a framed photo or printed wine glass or something  you can hang on your wall IN YOUR HOME etc etc   but a 50p badge for the 100.  The other 1200 sorry you dont qualify..  Very clever 

14 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

You don't get it Bazil or do you ?  I could understand if it was a framed photo or printed wine glass or something  you can hang on your wall IN YOUR HOME etc etc   but a 50p badge for the 100.  The other 1200 sorry you dont qualify..  Very clever 

Utter nonsense, do you think the 100 odd are going to be walking about going ‘look at me and my badge?’ Complete and utter rubbish. Like I say, fabricated by individuals. If someone takes issue with a fan harmlessly wearing a badge then the problem is clearly with them not the SMISA member.

As someone said before. How’s it any different to someone wearing the original SMISA badge being perceived by non-SMISA members? This elitism doesn’t exist, it’s made up. 

Utter nonsense, do you think the 100 odd are going to be walking about going ‘look at me and my badge?’ Complete and utter rubbish. Like I say, fabricated by individuals. If someone takes issue with a fan harmlessly wearing a badge then the problem is clearly with them not the SMISA member.

As someone said before. How’s it any different to someone wearing the original SMISA badge being perceived by non-SMISA members? This elitism doesn’t exist, it’s made up. 

Was right the first time.. You don't get it.  I didn't even know there was a badge for smisa members am sure if I did get one it's in a drawer somewhere. And I certainly wouldn't pin it on my scarf or lapel.. the last badge I wore was on my school jacket. These are the people that will be at the controls of the club in the near future and that's what really scares me.. 

18 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Was right the first time.. You don't get it.  I didn't even know there was a badge for smisa members am sure if I did get one it's in a drawer somewhere. And I certainly wouldn't pin it on my scarf or lapel.. the last badge I wore was on my school jacket. These are the people that will be at the controls of the club in the near future and that's what really scares me.. 

I see, so because I think it's a nice touch to get the badge 'I don't get it' Just a blanket statement?

So instead of being happy with SMISA and what they do and what is in reality a wee pin badge, to 'get it' I should 

• Be ashamed to wear the badge and 'certainly' not pin it on any item of clothing (even though the badge notes nothing directly about my SMISA membership)
  • Assume that by wearing the badge I'm making a statement that I'm better than everyone else 
  • Be aware that some non SMISA or non SMISA premium members are so petty that they'll take me wearing the badge as a sign I think I am better than them

Cool, now I 'get it...'

and now that I 'get it' sorry but no, I'm not responsibility for other peoples warped, unfounded perceptions.

I'll ask again. Does anyone have one example where SMISA member paying the £25 has acted elitist? 

Even if these kind of fans did exist, do you 'get' how it would not be any different from someone say, getting to watch the game from the directors lounge and rubbing it in other fans faces? Fortunately you don't have to 'get' any kind of difference because like I say, the fans don't exist. 

Edited by bazil85

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Spin, spin, spin. Deflect, deflect, deflect. The LPM way. 

Suggestion:

1  Not a SMISA member involved in the buy out... No badge. 

2 A Privileges Qualifying Member - Gold Badge

3 A buy out Member - Silver Badge. 

That leaves room for bringing in

1 Platinum Member - Platinum badge for One Off Donations over 5k

2 Bronze Member - Donations under 10 pounds a month

3 Tin Member -Tin Badges sold to Fans in return for a 25 pounds donation