New SMISA badge

bazil85

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Suggestion:

1  Not a SMISA member involved in the buy out... No badge. 

2 A Privileges Qualifying Member - Gold Badge

3 A buy out Member - Silver Badge. 

That leaves room for bringing in

1 Platinum Member - Platinum badge for One Off Donations over 5k

2 Bronze Member - Donations under 10 pounds a month

3 Tin Member -Tin Badges sold to Fans in return for a 25 pounds donation

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Suggestion:

Good start but since we're apparently all so elitist here in our £25 p/m ivory towers... How about 

1. SMISA premium members - Picked-up and dropped off from their door to their padded seat every game, a halftime finger buffet, a full 60 second applause from everyone else on the 25 minute mark (every game), a new commemorative pin badge (every game), to decide on the quarterly vote subjects (and the only people allowed to vote on them) and our own board elevated above the original one highlighting how great a collective support they truly are. 

2. Everyone else - Flogged on the street before games. 

After all we they are all sooooo much better than everyone else and you can't move for them turning their noses up at other fans. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Maybe they could do them at a price for others, who knows.

The thing about additional benefits is they have to be benefits. Something that's nice to have. Surely you could make the argument 'everyone should get' for literally anything they choose as a benefit for the premium members?

Great idea £20 for non SMISA members,  £10 for steerage class SMISA members,  with 7 members of the family in steerage class, would be a great stocking filler for Christmas,  can picture the Christmas dinner with non members without there badges :argue:

Edited by portmahomack saint

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Good start but since we're apparently all so elitist here in our £25 p/m ivory towers... How about 

1. SMISA premium members - Picked-up and dropped off from their door to their padded seat every game, a halftime finger buffet, a full 60 second applause from everyone else on the 25 minute mark (every game), a new commemorative pin badge (every game), to decide on the quarterly vote subjects (and the only people allowed to vote on them) and our own board elevated above the original one highlighting how great a collective support they truly are. 

2. Everyone else - Flogged on the street before games. 

After all we they are all sooooo much better than everyone else and you can't move for them turning their noses up at other fans. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Great idea £20 for non SMISA members,  £10 for steerage class SMISA members,  with 7 members of the family in steerage class, would be a great stocking filler for Christmas,  can picture the Christmas dinner with non members without there badges :argue:

Ach.. You've spotted a wee flaw in the plan. 

Edited by St.Ricky

8 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

The idea was only put forward for people that really want the badges and are not mature enough to let other people get a benefit that was highlighted very clearly before BTB started. 

15 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I`ve  got it,  Am gonna nip up to £25 next month, get my badge, then bolt back down to steerage, that way it will only cost me £13 brick for my 50p badge, clever or what  :1eye 

I'll sell you mine for £12. I've already got 'I pay £25 a month to SMISA' tattooed on my forehead anyway. Wit we like?..

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Suggestion:

Number 1 should be..................................

A feckin solid gold badge for everyone of us who attended every game and allowed Mr. Stubbs to make us feel as though we were being poked up the cuffer.

20 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Bit of an over reaction Billy, don't you think? I don't see a 'them and us' strategy at all.

It was well advertised from day one there would be additional benefits depending on what membership level you went into. It's hardly like the badge says 'look at me I pay more money' it's a simple pin celebrating us winning the league. 

Would you really be happy with people jeopardising the whole BTB model over them making good on what they promised? 

Must admit I also think SMISA has got this wrong. Yes premium members should get benefits such as a match day experience a certificate and so on. To produce a badge that can be seen worn by a member I would have thought why did I not get one. Certainly not going to pull out of SMISA over this but it has not been thought out very well. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Must admit I also think SMISA has got this wrong. Yes premium members should get benefits such as a match day experience a certificate and so on. To produce a badge that can be seen worn by a member I would have thought why did I not get one. Certainly not going to pull out of SMISA over this but it has not been thought out very well. 

For me I think it's only an issue if you get people actually using it as a means to be elitist. I don't see it ever happening. Even if it did, why would anyone rise to it? The person would have to be very shallow to think they were better than anyone else over £13 p/m. 

In saying that, it's people's opinion and they're welcome to it, if that's how they really feel. I struggle to see the difference in applying the principle to say someone posting on social media about match day experience because they're a premium member to showing off a badge. Again, I doubt either would ever happen. 

29 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

For me I think it's only an issue if you get people actually using it as a means to be elitist. I don't see it ever happening. Even if it did, why would anyone rise to it? The person would have to be very shallow to think they were better than anyone else over £13 p/m. 

In saying that, it's people's opinion and they're welcome to it, if that's how they really feel. I struggle to see the difference in applying the principle to say someone posting on social media about match day experience because they're a premium member to showing off a badge. Again, I doubt either would ever happen. 

To be honest I don't see elitist that word used to fellow Saints fans is cringe worthy. Guys like yourself who can put in extra to the pot should be commended just the same as the £12 members after all we all want the same thing for the club. So my opinion is not against you or any other members.  A badge should be available to all members I stand by that. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

To be honest I don't see elitist that word used to fellow Saints fans is cringe worthy. Guys like yourself who can put in extra to the pot should be commended just the same as the £12 members after all we all want the same thing for the club. So my opinion is not against you or any other members.  A badge should be available to all members I stand by that. 

All for one, one for all!

it is striking the lack of how this would scan was missed by smisa! Theres 1200 odd other members deemed not badge worthy doing the heavy lifting on the finances here. Ffs think about stuff first!

measure twice, cut once.!

45 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

All for one, one for all!

it is striking the lack of how this would scan was missed by smisa! Theres 1200 odd other members deemed not badge worthy doing the heavy lifting on the finances here. Ffs think about stuff first!

measure twice, cut once.!

It wasn't missed by SMISA, stop making stuff up. They were completely transparent this was part of the package and unless someone can tell us otherwise, received no feedback that this wouldn't be a good thing to give as a benefit. 

SMISA 'We're going to have pin badges as a benefit' 

No feedback on this as an idea

SMISA do as they say and give pin badges as a benefit

LPM 'They should of known better' 

Your unfounded, anti-SMISA agenda beggars belief. 

SMISA.png

This is a load of fuss over f*ck all.  I don't and won't have one of these badges, and don't feel "oppressed" or diminished in any way because someone else has.  Grow up, FFS.

On the other hand, I have a brick, so I spit on all you lesser fans who haven't.  F*cking peasants! Lick my boots!

My final post on this , we won the league last season , probably the only thing we'll win during the Smisa purchasing process. Smisa are dependant on keeping a decent amount of subscribers to see the whole thing through , they need everyone onside. Given that we're Smisa members , and that we may not win anything else during the process , would a wee memento of our league win , for everyone involved ,  be too much to ask ?

Ach , naw , just give them to the big shots !

40 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

This is a load of fuss over f*ck all.  I don't and won't have one of these badges, and don't feel "oppressed" or diminished in any way because someone else has.  Grow up, FFS.

On the other hand, I have a brick, so I spit on all you lesser fans who haven't.  F*cking peasants! Lick my boots!

Well said Saint in Exile its only a daft badge

Kin a get yours  :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, billyg said:

My final post on this , we won the league last season , probably the only thing we'll win during the Smisa purchasing process. Smisa are dependant on keeping a decent amount of subscribers to see the whole thing through , they need everyone onside. Given that we're Smisa members , and that we may not win anything else during the process , would a wee memento of our league win , for everyone involved ,  be too much to ask ?

Thing is I would be happy and proud to wear that badge. Could you imagine all members wearing the badge to games ? What a good sustained promotion that would be maybe getting new members. Not because you get a badge but it let's other supporters think SMISA ? 

15 hours ago, billyg said:

It's a fair point but the thing about benefits is they're exactly that, a benefit. They said there would be additional benefits for premium, they've got to come somewhere.  

15 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Thing is I would be happy and proud to wear that badge. Could you imagine all members wearing the badge to games ? What a good sustained promotion that would be maybe getting new members. Not because you get a badge but it let's other supporters think SMISA ? 

They gave badges to everyone I'm sure at the start of BTB.