£100m Paisley Town Centre Investment

pod

• a new and improved town gateway in County Square – creating a decluttered town square to welcome visitors and expand events capacity, and create a more attractive space for pavement cafes and people to dwell.

Well just bulldoze the f**king Piazza then and give the other 99.5m quid to Oran Kearney.

1 hour ago, pod said:

Good news.  I often ask my wife if she would like me to drop her off in Paisley when I come through to games.  Her answer is always no.  Her reason.  The centre is dire and lacks key shops. This from someone who used to love to shop there.  She asks me however.. "When are you playing at Livingston or in Perth"  Reason.. She likes shopping there. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Guest TPAFKATS
Good news.  I often ask my wife if she would like me to drop her off in Paisley when I come through to games.  Her answer is always no.  Her reason.  The centre is dire and lacks key shops. This from someone who used to love to shop there.  She asks me however.. "When are you playing at Livingston or in Perth"  Reason.. She likes shopping there. 
I've got friends in Perth who tell me Perth Town centre is worse than Paisley [emoji3]

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I've got friends in Perth who tell me Perth Town centre is worse than Paisley emoji3.png

Having lost McEwans hasn't helped Perth but you can pop into the theatre for a coffee and nosy around the shops.  So I am told. But her favourite is Livingston. Thatdate is intended diary. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Having lost McEwans hasn't helped Perth but you can pop into the theatre for a coffee and nosy around the shops.  So I am told. But her favourite is Livingston. Thatdate is intended diary. 
If it's coffee she wants, Paisley has loads of cafes [emoji1303]

Hope this much needed regeneration of the town isn't spent on attempting to once again reopen high Street shops. We need to be bold and stop making the same mistakes as previous. The 'high street' is gone - people are shopping differently and aren't going to return to those old habits.

On 9/17/2018 at 3:19 PM, DougJamie said:

Be nice if they could spend about 100k getting all the trees cut down that grow out loads of the buildings

2021 - My arsssse. Place is a shitehole. And I should know

You need to drive round Hamilton, Motherwell, Airdrie, Cambridge, Greenock , Bathgate.  

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:45 AM, hamlet said:

Great news:P, well done "pod" to find link.

Interesting, in the last 5 years 1.6 million has already been spent on the Town Hall.

I hope the plans are not to demolish the "upper balcony" .  Sang there with the School choir. A these were the days. :rolleyes:

Still there and not likely.