Jump to content

St.Ricky

Saint Mirren V Hibernian 29.9.18

Recommended Posts

A little early for this I know but Hibs have opened up their tickets to general sale to their fans.  They should fill the North Stand. Maybe more?   A chance to see Mallan again.  Oh to have him still in the black and white stripes.  Another crowd of over 5,000. How many over might be determined by the result against Hamilton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First home game for me in weeks so looking forward to it. If we beat Hamilton our tails will be up. Please , please don't give away any fouls inside 35 yards Oran should pin that to the changing room door , walls , toilet trap doors of the training ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hibs changed our season 16-17 with a stunning 2-0 win for us. Good ole Stelios....

 

Same again please. We have already lost points to Hearts and Sevco, admitingly away from Home, but like Livi we need to win some games v the Top 4/5 clubs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

Trying to buy tickets online for the Hibs game but the link to the tickets page doesn’t seem to be working. Anyone else having this problem?

No doubt, the entire ticketing operation is run by morons.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Need to stop the rot at least. Looking for a performance like that against Celtic to show us that we can at least make a fist of keeping in touch with others over the next three months, otherwise back to championship to rebuild

I'd like to see us win 2 nil in front of a 5500 crowd. Three points covers several places in the league. Next up after this isAberdeen.  Not a league for the faint hearted.  Just one question. Would you rather be a Dundee fan right now? 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, doonhamer said:

With any luck the ticket office site will be down for another week.

With the doom and gloom (reality? ) on the forum after a poor display against Hamilton that looks like an attractive option to some.  In reality this is a very attractive match against a team sitting close to the top of the league and one of our favourite "sons" coming back to the stadium. Nothing to fear but fear itself which would hand the match to Hobs before a ball is kicked. COYS. Big crowd for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
First home game for me in weeks so looking forward to it. If we beat Hamilton our tails will be up. Please , please don't give away any fouls inside 35 yards Oran should pin that to the changing room door , walls , toilet trap doors of the training ground. 
Make it 45 yards just to be safer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

With the doom and gloom (reality? ) on the forum after a poor display against Hamilton that looks like an attractive option to some.  In reality this is a very attractive match against a team sitting close to the top of the league and one of our favourite "sons" coming back to the stadium. Nothing to fear but fear itself which would hand the match to Hobs before a ball is kicked. COYS. Big crowd for this one.

There has to be some hope that at home we can at least put in a decent performance against Hobs. :rolleyes:

Can we win, it's football and yes, will we, unlikely IMO as we're, despite a new manager, still dodgy at the back and can't buy a goal.

Hibs have only lost one league game this season, I doubt this will be their second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we need to accept that until Jan , this is going to be the Rae- Ross handover again...............

Twice GLS has been here. And both times he ended sacked the problem but kept the issue.... until it could be fixed 

Losing Kyle and Hayden ended are Plan A, and its obvious we dont have a Plan B

 

Makes perfect sense now why Gus is here

  • GLS likes and trusts him
  • The recruitment was so poor, we can never make this mistake again
  • He will oversee recruitment and will have already started to look at what we can get
  • I expect us to go for Shankland/ or another proven scorerin Window
  • We need our nucleas fit  , and I also think Sammy should be given a rest

I expect at least 10 players to leave Jan, I reckon we will recruit 5 quality players

Well it worked for Ross County every year bar the last one....

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 5:01 PM, whydowebother said:

Swiftly moving on...


Saints 2-2 Hibs

5,500

I would settle for that WDWB or Shull's 2:0  and 5,700 plus attendance. 

Above all I'd like to see us play with physicality and organisation. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Think we need to accept that until Jan , this is going to be the Rae- Ross handover again...............

Twice GLS has been here. And both times he ended sacked the problem but kept the issue.... until it could be fixed 

Losing Kyle and Hayden ended are Plan A, and its obvious we dont have a Plan B

 

Makes perfect sense now why Gus is here

  • GLS likes and trusts him
  • The recruitment was so poor, we can never make this mistake again
  • He will oversee recruitment and will have already started to look at what we can get
  • I expect us to go for Shankland/ or another proven scorerin Window
  • We need our nucleas fit  , and I also think Sammy should be given a rest

I expect at least 10 players to leave Jan, I reckon we will recruit 5 quality players

Well it worked for Ross County every year bar the last one....

 

 

 

 

 

This argument makes sense to me.  Keeping in touch meanwhile will be important.  Always was going to be tough. 

Not so sure on Sammy.  I rate him highly (sorry Shull) 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are lacking pace all over the park particularly at the back. On Saturday I thought in order to guard against the ball over the top we were sitting way too deep which in turn gave the midfield a far bigger area to cover. We also need to find the right balance in the middle of the park - Saturday showed how much we miss Kyle in there.

Could also do with a winger to give us an out-ball rather than hopeful punts up to our front line and whilst I’m all for giving NBM a chance, I’ve not seen anything to date that suggests he is going to be the answer up front. Tough ask for OK but we are where we are and he just needs to find a system that can get the best out of the players we have at our disposal.  Hopefully we can pick up a couple of frees that will do us a turn ......... only issue is that at this stage in the season they are usually without a club for good reason !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dare said:

We are lacking pace all over the park particularly at the back. On Saturday I thought in order to guard against the ball over the top we were sitting way too deep which in turn gave the midfield a far bigger area to cover. We also need to find the right balance in the middle of the park - Saturday showed how much we miss Kyle in there.

Could also do with a winger to give us an out-ball rather than hopeful punts up to our front line and whilst I’m all for giving NBM a chance, I’ve not seen anything to date that suggests he is going to be the answer up front. Tough ask for OK but we are where we are and he just needs to find a system that can get the best out of the players we have at our disposal.  Hopefully we can pick up a couple of frees that will do us a turn ......... only issue is that at this stage in the season they are usually without a club for good reason !

Hard not to agree but what would you do right now with the players against Hibs?  One thing for me would be to make sure we don't give away free kicks in the Mallan  Range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our home form is going to be so important. We made st mirren park a fortress last season and have started well at home this season except the Livi game.

Let's hope that continues. No reason why we can't win this game. 

Defend like we did against Celtic and nick a goal. 

1-0 saints I think. Danny Mullen goal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...