Saint Mirren V Hibernian 29.9.18

St.Ricky

31 minutes ago, magnus said:

A point from this one will be a result. Hopefully Jack Baird will be fit and we can play P. McGinn, Baird, Ferdinand and Hodson in a back 4. Elsewhere who knows? Heid scratching time.

Season just started and we're all over the place , the only time I can remember this before this early in the top division, in all my days as a supporter,was under Craig ! f**k you Stubbs !

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:31 PM, faraway saint said:

St Mirren 0-2 Hibs, we move on........................:lol:

When do we play Dundee next? :rolleyes:

Yes , we're at the stage we're usually at , only 8 months earlier than usual. ie Looking out for Dundee , Hamilton and even Livingston's results in the run-in to the window !

23 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Think we need to accept that until Jan , this is going to be the Rae- Ross handover again...............

Twice GLS has been here. And both times he ended sacked the problem but kept the issue.... until it could be fixed 

Losing Kyle and Hayden ended are Plan A, and its obvious we dont have a Plan B

Makes perfect sense now why Gus is here

• GLS likes and trusts him
  • The recruitment was so poor, we can never make this mistake again
  • He will oversee recruitment and will have already started to look at what we can get
  • I expect us to go for Shankland/ or another proven scorerin Window
  • We need our nucleas fit  , and I also think Sammy should be given a rest

I expect at least 10 players to leave Jan, I reckon we will recruit 5 quality players

Well it worked for Ross County every year bar the last one....

Why do we have to accept plummeting out of reach of safety in this league because we have a new manager?

wasnt the new guy brought in because the board believes he is better than the last one? If so shouldnt we expect better performances and results?

i have to have a good chuckle at all this "its not Oran/Jack's team, so all we can expect is to lose! When the much pilloried Rae took over from Murray it wasnt his team, but he solidified us and moved us up the table. I am sure Oran took the job knowing who his squad were, that the window was shut, and that all the money has been spent on compensating his predecessor and giving Gus a blazer.

i have no idea who the ten are you think will go In January? Its only the loanees who MAY be able to be returned to their parent club, and if we did that there wouldnt be a team to field. Even if Eckersley and Mac are fit by then, no club is likely to take a chance on their fitness and they will simply see out their contracts with us.

if you are suggesting King, Cooke, Heaton, Cole could be off, again who will have them?

there will be next to no transfers in this January, Shankland will if he's still on fire be signing a PCA with someone who can pay more than us!

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Why do we have to accept plummeting out of reach of safety in this league because we have a new manager?

Because he's inherited a squad that isn't good enough and has a very long injury list. He's not a miracle worker, I doubt a top manager could do much never mind one on our budget. It might not necessarily happen but we need patience. 

wasnt the new guy brought in because the board believes he is better than the last one? If so shouldnt we expect better performances and results?

He wasn't brought in as a quick fix, such a manager I doubt exists given what he's inherited 

i have to have a good chuckle at all this "its not Oran/Jack's team, so all we can expect is to lose! When the much pilloried Rae took over from Murray it wasnt his team, but he solidified us and moved us up the table. I am sure Oran took the job knowing who his squad were, that the window was shut, and that all the money has been spent on compensating his predecessor and giving Gus a blazer.

It's not all we can expect, it's just that we shouldn't be surprised if it goes that way and it would be unfair to judge him on it if it did. The squad IM left behind was nowhere near as bad or injury ravished as this one. 

i have no idea who the ten are you think will go In January? Its only the loanees who MAY be able to be returned to their parent club, and if we did that there wouldnt be a team to field. Even if Eckersley and Mac are fit by then, no club is likely to take a chance on their fitness and they will simply see out their contracts with us.

if you are suggesting King, Cooke, Heaton, Cole could be off, again who will have them?

Agree with this, we need to live by the contracts we've given some of the dud new signings. I'm sure he'll try to move some on but we'd probably need to pay % of contracts and struggle to get interested parties to take them. 

there will be next to no transfers in this January, Shankland will if he's still on fire be signing a PCA with someone who can pay more than us!

Shame we didn't offer that £50k and Mullen eh? There will be a few comings in January I'm sure. Simply has to be. There will be a risk and reward value for avoiding relegation and same as they did with JR they'll do similar again. That's where it'll be a big test for OK, to sign decent players for the available budget. Must have significant money left from McGinn deal. 

On 9/17/2018 at 5:09 PM, St.Ricky said:

A little early for this I know but Hibs have opened up their tickets to general sale to their fans.  They should fill the North Stand. Maybe more?   A chance to see Mallan again.  Oh to have him still in the black and white stripes.  Another crowd of over 5,000. How many over might be determined by the result against Hamilton. 

2 in a row for HSS.

I'm off on my annual trip to Ullapool for the Music Festival.

Always enjoy a Saints v Hibs game so if someone wants to Periscope it and I'll return the favour by Periscoping Bad Manners back to you.

Season Ticket passed on.

Screenshot_20180925-110119.png

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Well take your last point first, as we have already had one signing today and more than likely at least another one by next International break.

You need to stop comparing Oran and Jack, in that- Oran is  in in top League and he has a far bigger task playing top teams rather than better ones, or more motivated ones, so yes I fully expect us to really struggle. We still have 4 points more than Dundee who still have Rangers and Hearts to play. Lest not forget Well also have 4 points and also lost to Accies 

Loanees will return bar Coulson and Hodson. The others may well have the contracts paid up as wse cant carry any more players and its clears the way for new players.

We will still have ( I reckon) £500 k to spend .

I am glad this all makes you chuckle- Kind of sums up what kind of supporter you are

24 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Well take your last point first, as we have already had one signing today and more than likely at least another one by next International break.

You need to stop comparing Oran and Jack, in that- Oran is  in in top League and he has a far bigger task playing top teams rather than better ones, or more motivated ones, so yes I fully expect us to really struggle. We still have 4 points more than Dundee who still have Rangers and Hearts to play. Lest not forget Well also have 4 points and also lost to Accies 

Loanees will return bar Coulson and Hodson. The others may well have the contracts paid up as wse cant carry any more players and its clears the way for new players.

I am glad this all makes you chuckle- Kind of sums up what kind of supporter you are

Calling him a 'supporter' is pushing it I'd say... 

48 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Youre last line sums up the type you are, happy to try and set saints fans off against each other. Flame bait.... jog on with that one!

funny you suggesting I stop comparing Oran and Ross, because i aready had, by not comparing them. It will be the loanees parent club who decide IF... they want to recall their player, so Coulsdon could go bact to Boro, and Sevco might think Hodson looks good for the second half of the season now we've got him match fit, and turning in performances! They could recall him, to sell him!

where on earth you get the figure of £500k that Oran will be given is mystifying...? He will be hamstrung trying to shift players no one wants, to release some wages for new additions. I heard it joked thatmost of any budget will go on hiring extra physios to deal with the overcrowding in the treatment room as more players go into hiding. The dressing room problem is still there!

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Youre last line sums up the type you are, happy to try and set saints fans off against each other. Flame bait.... jog on with that one!

funny you suggesting I stop comparing Oran and Ross, because i aready had, by not comparing them. It will be the loanees parent club who decide IF... they want to recall their player, so Coulsdon could go bact to Boro, and Sevco might think Hodson looks good for the second half of the season now we've got him match fit, and turning in performances! They could recall him, to sell him!

where on earth you get the figure of £500k that Oran will be given is mystifying...? He will be hamstrung trying to shift players no one wants, to release some wages for new additions. I heard it joked thatmost of any budget will go on hiring extra physios to deal with the overcrowding in the treatment room as more players go into hiding. The dressing room problem is still there!

You truely are a glass quarter full person.....

We got 900 k for McGinn, 300k for Jack , 550k for winning League- Even paying off Stubbs and Jackson , doing 500k Training / Ground Improvements and leaving some in Bank leaves at least 500k for Jan..................

That was always the plan................. we cant stay up otherwise

Edited by DougJamie

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Here’s a thing , all this money for transfers/ compo etc . What , if anything is the tax implications on that sort of stuff ?

Others will know better. Initial take is that we will want to spend money that we take in during this financial period and keep any tax bill low.

But.. Life is never that simple.

4 hours ago, HSS said:

2 in a row for HSS.

Always enjoy a Saints v Hibs game so if someone wants to Periscope it and I'll return the favour by Periscoping Bad Manners back to you.

Season Ticket passed on.

I’d love to see what Buster Bloodvessel looks like now. I bet he’s bald and fat! B)

4 hours ago, HSS said:

2 in a row for HSS.

Season Ticket passed on.

Alabama 3 are awesome live. In saying that I am amazed they are all still alive !!!

2 in a row for HSS.
Season Ticket passed on.
Screenshot_20180925-110119.thumb.png.50accc2fd11eef710b5b0789cdc61c3d.png

I would pay good money NOT to see Cooper clark .

I just don’t get the guy [emoji107]

t

19 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Hard not to agree but what would you do right now with the players against Hibs?  One thing for me would be to make sure we don't give away free kicks in the Mallan  Range. 

Correct Ricky. It's not all doom and gloom as many are making out. Back line centre halfs Ferdinand , Jones , right wing back McGinn , left wing back Hodson. Midfield, McShane , Willock  Flynn,  Edwards , Just in front Smith with Mullin forward not forgetting Sammy of course that would be my starting 11. 

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

You truely are a glass quarter full person.....

We got 900 k for McGinn, 300k for Jack , 550k for winning League- Even paying off Stubbs and Jackson , doing 500k Training / Ground Improvements and leaving some in Bank leaves at least 500k for Jan..................

That was always the plan................. we cant stay up otherwise

300 k for Jack..... ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,.... arf...arf..arf.. it was £50k squeezed up to 75-100k which might have been offset with the friendly!

McGinn cut is guess work anywhere between £500-900k.

league winning money already spent, straight into much higher premiership playing staff budget. As will most of the rest.

if the club had an extra £500k to spend, how come Stubbs only saw £75k for Heaton..? 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

t

Correct Ricky. It's not all doom and gloom as many are making out. Back line centre halfs Ferdinand , Jones , right wing back McGinn , left wing back Hodson. Midfield, McShane , Willock  Flynn,  Edwards , Just in front Smith with Mullin forward not forgetting Sammy of course that would be my starting 11. 

Trust me... He wont play McShane! A young lad, or a positional change will be the order of the day. Oran is not one to indulge the Show Ponies.

I think its time to go 4-5-1

Smith or Mullen to run the defence ragged for 60 mins then the other to come on and run their heart out for the last 30 minutes

we should run with this good while

5 in midfield is the way to go to shore things  up

Edited by saintargyll

2 hours ago, saintargyll said:

I think its time to go 4-5-1

Smith or Mullen to run the defence ragged for 60 mins then the other to come on and run their heart out for the last 30 minutes

we should run with this good while

5 in midfield is the way to go to shore things  up

Decent shout. We would need the high energy version that showed up against Celtic. Don't see many goals in our team unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I hope Hibs keep up the current level of finishing as they are mince.

Their build up play is pretty decent but the efforts on goal are pish poor, long may it continue. 

I'm surprised, no, shocked, I'm saying this but Ambrose has played really well tonight.

Some great passes from the back/midfield and defended pretty well.

Normally, IMO, he's a bomb scare.