Saint Mirren V Hibernian 29.9.18

St.Ricky

22 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

It was hardly boring. Yes Hibs finishing woeful.... may it continue till at least Sat night. 

Did I say boring?

The art of reading/understanding is lost on you.

The game was one sided with Hibs putting on the pressure on an Aberdeen team who looked like they were in Edinburgh to see the castle.

They, Hibs, hit so many poor final passes and were even worse with the attempts at goal the supporters behind the goal have increased their insurance premiums for injury. 

If you enjoy 2nd rate football it was good, I'm obviously used to watching better football.  :wink:

I agree that I hope they keep it up on Saturday but I doubt they can be that wasteful again. 

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Did I say boring?

The game was one sided with Hibs putting on the pressure on an Aberdeen team who looked like they were in Edinburgh to see the castle.

They, Hibs, hit so many poor final passes and were even worse with the attempts at goal the supporters behind the goal have increased their insurance premiums for injury. 

If you enjoy 2nd rate football it was good, I'm obviously used to watching better football.  :wink:

I agree that I hope they keep it up on Saturday but I doubt they can be that wasteful again. 

Clearly you watch too much football on TV.   However,  you are right that Hibs pressed for most of the half I  watched.  Aberdeen did what they had to do and no more. 

Hibs will be determined to improve.  The speed of attack by Hibs was impressive but I only watched the first half. Profligate up front however.  May that be the same on Saturday. 

Poor crowd at the game. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Clearly you watch too much football on TV.   However,  you are right that Hibs pressed for most of the half I  watched.  Aberdeen did what they had to do and no more. 

Hibs will be determined to improve.  The speed of attack by Hibs was impressive but I only watched the first half. Profligate up front however.  May that be the same on Saturday. 

Poor crowd at the game. 

Only 11k there. Very surprised at that. Would have expected it to be around the 17k mark. 

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Poor crowd at the game. 

Too much? :1eye

Pray, tell me, how do you determine that...............no, wait, you're so thick that's an impossible question for you. 

Quite simply, especially for you and the other 2 members of your quiz team, I watch a range of football and made my views on tonight's game based on that.

Quite surprising you came to the same conclusion based on watching the first half in a make believe pub. :lol:

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You could have said.

Too much? :1eye Hard to say but I do watch English and Continental matches  of good quality.

Understandable that you came to the same conclusion based on watching the first half as the same pattern continued.

Edited by St.Ricky

Back to Saturday. From what I saw during the first half the pattern of the game was Hibs attacking, creating chances but not converting these. Aberdeen did have a good early spell and did crack a shot off the bar against the run of play at that point. We know how difficult it was to play against the Dons. It looks like a similar pattern was continued in the second half. Goalless but not boring in my opinion but not captivating enough to keep me in the pub. 6:5 Penalty win for Aberdeen. The shoot out must have been exciting for fans of the two teams.

How does this relate to Saints. Simply put, We play Hibs this week and Aberdeen the next. On this showing, each match will be extremely challenging both physically and organisationally.  Points will be difficult to get. Two points from the two games or three points from the home game against Hibs would be decent but watch out for Boyle and Mallan.

I can't see Hibs being so wasteful against us. They had a bad day at the office in the final third but I'm afraid that's not likely to be mirrored this weekend. I feel we are cannon fodder at the moment and that's unlikely to change. I wish GLS had decided to spend that extra cash more wisely instead of employing a less than qualified mate in an ill defined post.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Back to Saturday. From what I saw during the first half the pattern of the game was Hibs attacking, creating chances but not converting these. Aberdeen did have a good early spell and did crack a shot off the bar against the run of play at that point. We know how difficult it was to play against the Dons. It looks like a similar pattern was continued in the second half. Goalless but not boring in my opinion but not captivating enough to keep me in the pub. 6:5 Penalty win for Aberdeen. The shoot out must have been exciting for fans of the two teams.

How does this relate to Saints. Simply put, We play Hibs this week and Aberdeen the next. On this showing, each match will be extremely challenging both physically and organisationally.  Points will be difficult to get. Two points from the two games or three points from the home game against Hibs would be decent but watch out for Boyle and Mallan.

One good thing about that game is Oran would have been there getting first hand look at both Hibs and Aberdeen.  

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I can't see Hibs being so wasteful against us. They had a bad day at the office in the final third but I'm afraid that's not likely to be mirrored this weekend. I feel we are cannon fodder at the moment and that's unlikely to change. I wish GLS had decided to spend that extra cash more wisely instead of employing a less than qualified mate in an ill defined post.

Unfortunately I agree.

Hibs were much better than Aberdeen who couldn't really get enough possession to gain any momentum.

We need to hope Hibs suffer physically and mentally from last night and we get off to a good start like the Celtic game.

18 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Youre last line sums up the type you are, happy to try and set saints fans off against each other. Flame bait.... jog on with that one!

funny you suggesting I stop comparing Oran and Ross, because i aready had, by not comparing them. It will be the loanees parent club who decide IF... they want to recall their player, so Coulsdon could go bact to Boro, and Sevco might think Hodson looks good for the second half of the season now we've got him match fit, and turning in performances! They could recall him, to sell him!

where on earth you get the figure of £500k that Oran will be given is mystifying...? He will be hamstrung trying to shift players no one wants, to release some wages for new additions. I heard it joked thatmost of any budget will go on hiring extra physios to deal with the overcrowding in the treatment room as more players go into hiding. The dressing room problem is still there!

Only if the clause exists in the loan deal. Recall clause is not a given. There's also a comparable clause to cancel loan deals by the feeder club at certain stages. 

As for the £500k figure. The majority of this squad was finalised before the McGinn transfer was confirmed.  Indeed it was looking likely he wasn't going anywhere until Villa bid pretty late on in the English transfer window. Only Ferdinand,  NBM, Edwards, Lynes, Hodson and Jones joined after. As the McGinn money at lowest estimate is over £900k and the average wage of an SP player right now. I don't see why £500k would be unreasonable. 

I'm not saying they're planning to spend all the McGinn money on transfer income but depending on how the next few months pan out, we might need to. 

As for players hiding, more unfounded, tinfoil hat nonsense. 

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Did I say boring?

You could have an arguement in a spacesuit :P 

Sorry just framed the above :thumbsup