Saint Mirren V Hibernian 29.9.18

St.Ricky

FT 0-1

Improved second half without creating much. Over the 90 minutes certainly felt we deserved to lose.

Our experienced guys in the middle Smith, S McGinn and Flynn were all really poor again.

One bright spark was Sam Jamieson, a young player I had never heard of before his name was called out as he was coming on to replace Smith. He got stuck in and did far more in his short time on the park than Cammy did.

With Dundee winning today and Aberdeen away for us next week, bottom place is looming. A position I fear we will be very used to come May.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FT 0-1

Improved second half without creating much. Over the 90 minutes certainly felt we deserved to lose.

Our experienced guys in the middle Smith, S McGinn and Flynn were all really poor again.

One bright spark was Sam Jamieson, a young player I had never heard of before his name was called out as he was coming on to replace Smith. He got stuck in and did far more in his short time on the park than Cammy did.

With Dundee winning today and Aberdeen away for us next week, bottom place is looming. A position I fear we will be very used to come May.

I thought Flynn was good defensively today particularly second half. Jamieson excellent. Plenty positives.

9 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FT 0-1

Aye ye said that already. You got a stutter?

A few green shoots of recovery. 

Looking at that match day squad today, I think most of us now know who OK was talking about when he mentioned that he's now becoming aware of who is needed and who isn't and it will be time to move some guys on soon.

There's at least 3 or 4 I can think of off the top of my head. 

25 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FT 0-1

Big guy, quick guy - always been my favourite combination up front.

Decent second half but lack the quality to make an impact. Huffed and puffed, but that’s about it really.

To be fair, for all the Hibs possession, they didn’t do much and it was just poor marking at a corner for the 4th or 5th time this season that done us. Unsure if it’s our setup at corners or our lack of physical or tall players, but teams have clearly pinpointed this.

21 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye ye said that already. You got a stutter?

Of course, he doesn't even mean the compliment towards Jamieson who was fairly quiet. He just wants any excuse to put the boot in to the guys like McGinn and Smith that did well under Jack Ross.

He just can't help himself, already started his vendetta against Kearney. Thankfully going back to Tommy Craig he has called just about every single thing wrong, so hopefully a good sign we are about to turn a corner!

Nice to hear we showed some improvement, albeit we still lost.

Got to be a plus point, at home we seem to be a bit more solid at the back.

Unfortunately it looks like we couldn't score in a free brothel.

Dundee winning today is a disaster, beating a team that beat us comfortably. 

Never mind, Aberdeen next week, a dawdle. 

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Of course, he doesn't even mean the compliment towards Jamieson who was fairly quiet. He just wants any excuse to put the boot in to the guys like McGinn and Smith that did well under Jack Ross.

He just can't help himself, already started his vendetta against Kearney. Thankfully going back to Tommy Craig he has called just about every single thing wrong, so hopefully a good sign we are about to turn a corner!

This is so true ^^^^^^ TC:lol:

A spirited last 35 minutes or so, but ultimately no cigar.

An improvement on last week and we’ve never really been expected to take points off your Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, etc... it’s the games against our rivals that will make or break our future, having said that Hibs didn’t look great going forward. Ultimately our ‘keeper has sold the jerseys at the goal, along with whoever should have been marking Gray.

Jackson and Ferdinand looked a level above all in the stripes today. Honourable mentions to the McGinn’s, Flynn and Baird. Jamieson and MacPherson done OK too respectively, although the latter definitely needs to play the whistle more.

Roll on the transfer window!

Second half got the fans behind the team without really feeling we would equalise. Baird had great game, cammy macpherson very good in second. Definitely signs of improvement seen today. If we could tighten that defence, especially at set pieces and got sharper up front we could definitely compete with bottom six. Only caveat that playing teams like hibs always sees a very open game unlike games against bottom teams- we physically lose out in those games

Started the game the same way we played against Celtic. Problem was when we lost the goal we still sat back and let them keep possession. But for all their possession Sammy did not have a save to make and Paul McGinn should have equalised. Came out in the second half to gain something and we almost did. Jackson had the best chance but shot when he had two guys free in a better position. A far, far better display than against Hamilton and should have got a point from a team 2nd top of the League. Cammy McPherson had a great second half and Jackson was decent as was Steven McGinn. Onwards and upwards.