Saint Mirren V Hibernian 29.9.18

St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Jackson and Ferdinand looked a level above all in the stripes today.

They really didn't!

Jackson's contribution overall was poor, but it does look like he will be a great addition once he gets some match sharpness.

Big positive for me is seeing Cammy MacPherson growing in confidence. I thought he had a great game, although he really should have scored that chance (set up by a great pass from McGinn).

They really didn't!
Jackson's contribution overall was poor, but it does look like he will be a great addition once he gets some match sharpness.
Big positive for me is seeing Cammy MacPherson growing in confidence. I thought he had a great game, although he really should have scored that chance (set up by a great pass from McGinn).

I beg to differ, decent turn of pace for his age and a good touch, reads the game well.

He certainly didn’t look as if he last played for a club a whole league below Brock-Madsen’s parent club anyway!

What’s your argument about Ferdinand?

Performance definitely improved from first half but still haven’t created a clear cut chance. 

Hibs sitting back and hitting us on the counter and looking dangerous.

0-1

Off the top of my head we “created” two great chances. McGinn effort in the first half was a lovely move and the Jackson run where he outmuscled the two Hibs defenders and ran in on goal. I think we had a header off the line and McPherson’s chance as well?

Also, “Hibs sitting back”? As far as I could see they couldn’t get out and I’m pretty sure that’s how wee Lenny saw it as well as he was screaming at them to get further up the park the whole second half.

First half was poor today but the second half should give us and the team some real encouragement. If we take that application into the next few games (which include St Johnstone, Motherwell and Killie) we should pick up some points.

Off the top of my head we “created” two great chances. McGinn effort in the first half was a lovely move and the Jackson run where he outmuscled the two Hibs defenders and ran in on goal. I think we had a header off the line and McPherson’s chance as well.

Also, “Hibs sitting back”? As far as I could see the couldn’t get out and I’m pretty sure that’s how wee Lenny saw it as well as he was screaming at them to get further up the park the whole second half.

First half was poor today but the second half should give us and the team some real encouragement. If we take that application into the next few games (which include St Johnstone, Motherwell and Killie) we should pick up some points.

Not great reading, our goals for, a shocking 3 in 7 games sends out a signal we're unlikely to win many games, scrape a few draws maybe but..................:ph34r:

League Table

Team P GD Pts
1   Hearts 7 10 19

2   Hibernian 7 7 14
3   Kilmarnock 7 5 13

4   Celtic 7 3 13
5   Rangers 6 9 11
6   Livingston 6 2 11
7   Aberdeen 7 -1 9
8   St Johnstone 7 -5 8
9   Hamilton 7 -4 6
10   Motherwell 7 -6 4

11   St Mirren 7 -10 4

12   Dundee 7 -10 3

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

Who's the big guy ?

According to TC our sub Jamieson.

"He’s a big lad for 19, fair throwing himself about a bit. I like him."
Last season we had players who were quality for the level and could afford to play an expansive game.

This season were a division higher & struggling so my advice would be to revert to simple direct football - big guy, quick guy upfront. 

3 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

I beg to differ, decent turn of pace for his age and a good touch, reads the game well.

He certainly didn’t look as if he last played for a club a whole league below Brock-Madsen’s parent club anyway!

What’s your argument about Ferdinand?

As I say, I can see he is a good player but if we include the very poor first half performance then I really don't think he contributed enough. Mistimed a lot of headers and got pushed about too easily. Obviously a bigger improvement at the start of the second half.

Ferdinand also decent, but he's got to take some responsibility for the organisation of the defence at several points in the first half.

As I say, I can see he is a good player but if we include the very poor first half performance then I really don't think he contributed enough. Mistimed a lot of headers and got pushed about too easily. Obviously a bigger improvement at the start of the second half.
Ferdinand also decent, but he's got to take some responsibility for the organisation of the defence at several points in the first half.

Jackson showed enough to suggest he’ll be a good addition to the team. Ferdinand strolled through the game again and it’s no coincidence that Baird look better with him at his side. Ferdinand talks to him throughout the 90mins and definitely adds more value than what he brings to the game on the playing side.

When both are fully fit they’ll be better than anything we’ve got.

According to TC our sub Jamieson.
"He’s a big lad for 19, fair throwing himself about a bit. I like him."
Last season we had players who were quality for the level and could afford to play an expansive game.
This season were a division higher & struggling so my advice would be to revert to simple direct football - big guy, quick guy upfront. 

Talking sense for a change [emoji6]

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Possession about equal. Hubs had more shots and corners and hugely more fouls! Great second half performance. Poor marking at the goal. Great crowd. Both sets of fans noisy . Over 6000 in the ground. COYS

You'd think you just read the BBC stats page...................

Home TeamSt MirrenAway TeamHibernian
Possession
Home49%
Away51%
Shots
Home7
Away15
Shots on Target
Home1
Away5
Corners
Home4
Away8
Fouls
Home5
Away21

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Possession
Home49%
Away51%
Shots
Home7
Away15
Shots on Target
Home1
Away5
Corners
Home4
Away8
Fouls
Home5
Away21

Thank you for reinforcing my points. 

Almost.. But.. Not quite as good as being there. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Possession
Home49%
Away51%
Shots
Home7
Away15
Shots on Target
Home1
Away5
Corners
Home4
Away8
Fouls
Home5
Away21

Must be lying.

The way you’d be reading some posts on here you’d think we wuz robbed.

We weren’t. We thoroughly deserved to lose the game.

3 games and 0 goals under Kearney. Not good enough.

We have went backwards from the deserved home wins against Dundee and Dumbarton. Why?