Saint Mirren V Hibernian 29.9.18

St.Ricky

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Must be lying.

The way you’d be reading some posts on here you’d think we wuz robbed.

We weren’t. We thoroughly deserved to lose the game.

3 games and 0 goals under Kearney. Not good enough.

We have went backwards from the deserved home wins against Dundee and Dumbarton. Why?

You are making a fool of yourself.

Hibs were the better team in the first half Saints in the second half. Jackson and Jameson given a few games will come good. Came away quite happy there is a team in there who can compete given time. Mullin has broken his wrist so will be out for the next three to four weeks. 

12 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Must be lying.

We have went backwards from the deserved home wins against Dundee and Dumbarton. Why?

Had Paul McGinn scored his chance also Jackson would you have came on here and still say we deserved to lose ?  If we had scored in the second half to make it 1-1 it would have been deserved were the better team second half.  

Must be lying.

You’re just acting the fanny again. Nobody has said we were robbed or that we were even the better side.

As for your question? I think most of us appreciate that Stubbs left a f**king train wreck of a squad behind and we’re now left trawling the free agent market trying to pick up some bargains that will improve us.

I’m not sure that explaining that makes any difference though as your clearly trolling so go ahead and fill your boots.

Must be lying.

Silly post .

Guest TPAFKATS

Disappointing first half, much better second half.
Could easily have taken a point, but also could've lost by 2 or 3 more.
Poor goal to lose and we gave them far too much time and space first half and on occasions on second half. Closing down in 1s and 2s instead of bigger groups.
Thought mcpherson struggled in first half, not winning tackles or high balls and generally being out muscled - much better second half when he was running at and beating players.
Jackson looks decent and was impressed by how Jamieson handled himself on the short time he had.

Jack Baird was outstanding today.

Guest TPAFKATS

Must be lying.

Have you tried fishing at sea?

Must be lying.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Much better display than last week. Made it difficult for Hibs. A draw would have been a fair result given the effort in the second half. Great crowd today 6000 with 1700 hundred Hibs fans, although the saints crowd was reduced by 2 (w2) just before halftime, couple of guys shouting racist commments at one of the Hibs players, glad to see the stewards acting quickly to eject them. Feeling  more optimistic following our 2nd half pressure. Simoen looks like a gem of a find, need to keep him all season.  Onward and upwards 

45 minutes ago, TopCat said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
You'd think you just read the BBC stats page...................
Home TeamSt MirrenAway TeamHibernian
Possession
Home49%
Away51%
Shots
Home7
Away15
Shots on Target
Home1
Away5
Corners
Home4
Away8
Fouls
Home5
Away21

Must be lying.

An absolutely clear reason why .............your lack of intellect has to be the main factor, most other fans (note I said most, not all) can see the difference.  Not a great deal of point in trying to explain further it would require the use of words with more than one or two syllables.  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

According to TC our sub Jamieson.

"He’s a big lad for 19, fair throwing himself about a bit. I like him."
Last season we had players who were quality for the level and could afford to play an expansive game.

This season were a division higher & struggling so my advice would be to revert to simple direct football - big guy, quick guy upfront. 

According to TC?

You'd be better reading offerings from the Grimm brothers.

Must be lying.

We played well in the second half today. Lots of positives to be taken from the game. Your relentless negativity towards OK is getting boring. When the fans applauded the players after the game what did you do? Tick tock

This time reminds me a lot of the period when Jack Ross took over from Alex Rae, inheriting a side with their confidence shot and players not good enough.

OK's MO seems the same. Getting players not good enough out the team, bringing into the side some younger players and trying to build confidence.

Of course, Jack still lost his first six games, but most intelligent fans could see what he was doing. I get the same good feeling about OK, he is making the right changes and the right decisions but it'll take time.

A game of 2 halfs. Hibs best in the 1st and us in the 2nd. A draw would have been fair and good to see plenty of effect and also the disappointment in the players faces when the final whistle went.  But why did it take 85 mins for our tallest Ferdinand defender to go up for a free kick ?   Now I know his big brother only managed to score a handful of goals in his long career but surely that's no reason for Anton to stay back when we have corners or free kicks to put into the box :huh:

22 minutes ago, renfrew said:

A game of 2 halfs. Hibs best in the 1st and us in the 2nd. A draw would have been fair and good to see plenty of effect and also the disappointment in the players faces when the final whistle went.  But why did it take 85 mins for our tallest Ferdinand defender to go up for a free kick ?   Now I know his big brother only managed to score a handful of goals in his long career but surely that's no reason for Anton to stay back when we have corners or free kicks to put into the box :huh:

I'm pretty sure it's because he's still massively unfit and doesn't have the legs to run back.

Very disappointing first half. It was as clear as day that Gray was being given too much space. I was saying this and had just mentioned he needed watching at the back post when he scored,..... at the back post. Second half saw a complete turnaround in performance. I thought young MacPherson was out of his depth and should have been subbed. How wrong was I? He had a superb last 35 minutes.

Jackson looked good but not yet up to speed.  Jamieson looks a prospect. Speedy and never gave the defenders a minutes peace when he came on.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Flynn as a MotM performance. I thought he was fantastic throughout. 

the second half has given small shoots but there is a long way to go.

Edited by stlucifer
To correct a glaring spelling error

Even more abuse than usual this week. Absolutely loving your feedback guys, keep it coming.

Back to the football.

Assuming we don’t win at Pittodrie next week, OK will have had a worse start than AS did.

OK will have had 2 or 1 point(s) from his first 4 league games. AS got 3 points from 4 league games (and got us out our league cup group) before he was sacked.

The question then becomes, now we’ve accepted that sacking a manager with 3 points after 4 games is okay, where do we draw the line for the current manager?

Of course the scenario here is OK says my team is losing every week cause it’s Stubbs players. He could say I can’t motivate and organise this group of players to an extent that they avoid a 3 zip hounding in Hamilton.

Not saying this will happen, but we could feasibly be 5+ points adrift at the bottom by Christmas (not unlikely when you look at the fixtures) and OK could claim diminished responsibility.

Perhaps he has a point.

We’re now stuck with a bizarre scenario where we have a manager who was deemed not up to it by our board when he was first interviewed in May.

Who could have a worse record than the guy who they thought was up to it in May, but the current manager can’t be sacked because he couldn’t sign his own players because he wasn’t good enough for the job (according to our board) in the first place.

Thanks Gordon!