Saint Mirren V Hibernian 29.9.18

St.Ricky

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Either you weren't there or just read the BBC stats..............

I'm going for both, just proves you are unable to put any concise point of view across on almost any subject. :lol:

I couldn't have been more concise. 

I was there.  You were not. 

Longer version:  Early in the match Hibs had around 70 per cent possession.  We had similar in the second half.  This finished about equal. 

They could have gone two up when a Hibs player headed straight at Samson. 

We could have scored when P McGinn turned up on what could be called the old inside left position but blasted over. 

Jackson broke free but shot went past. 

Hibs had several players booked for professional fouls and several were booked because they committed far more fouls than we did. 

Jack Baird didn't put a foot wrong and was my man of the match.

Crowd of over 6000 was anounced at the game. Great backing from the stands and standing ovation for the team at the end of the game. 

Good debuts from both Jackson and Jamieson. 

I suggest that you revisit and lessons you might have had in comprehension. 

I know your school was approved. 

Yes; it could even have been 'special'.  :D

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Yet again you don't have a clue other than reading posts on here and reports on the game.  Try going along.  It is enjoyable. 

Give it a f**king rest. You are polluting every thread with the patter.

everyone knows he doesn’t go to games. It’s hardly like you’ve stumbled on some sort of revelation.

just stop talking to him.

11 hours ago, renfrew said:

Maybe telling them why he doesn't go up for corners or free kicks  :rolleyes:

He did..... ONCE. Funnily enough I had just asked the question why he didn't when, he did. Perhaps it's down to, as another poster suggests, he isn't yet fit enough to get back for any quick turnover.

11 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Very disappointing first half. It was as clear as day that Gray was being given too much space. I was saying this and had just mentioned he needed watching at the back post when he scored,..... at the back post. Second half saw a complete turnaround in performance. I thought young MacPherson was out of his depth and should have been subbed. How wrong was I? He had a superb last 35 minutes.

Jackson looked good but not yet up to speed.  Jamieson looks a prospect. Speedy and never gave the defenders a minutes piece when he came on.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Flynn as a MotM performance. I thought he was fantastic throughout. 

the second half has given small shoots but there is a long way to go.

This is exactly how I saw it as well. I genuinely thought MacPherson was lucky to even make it to half time, but his second half performance was excellent. If only he hadn't missed that sitter it would have been even better.

I also agree that Flynn (and McGinn also for me) were good in the second half. Surprised at the negativity towards them when they were the ones driving the midfield forward in the second half and creating the chances.

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

Negativity against Stubbs OK.

Negativity against OK not OK?

OK.

Wish we were lucky enough to get out our league cup group last year. Or the year before.

Every manager must get at least one transfer window , Stubbs failed dramatically in his one and only window , Ross's first widow and our following , dramatic recovery is a key reason that he is already at a big club. Let's hope that OK can hold onto the shirt tails of Hamilton , Dundee and even 'Well and have a great window in January. I'm not really that confident at this point in time but he seems to have good connections with agents etc so we must bear with him for now and keep our fingers crossed.

I seen enough yesterday to know we have a confidence  problem. Oran pointed that out also in one of his interviews 

First half we looked nervous  while the second half we came out our shell . It also got the stands rocking again.

It will take time I for one can see goals coming with Jackson and Jamerson up front.

OK is looking at a far better calibre of player than Stubbs ever did. 2 signings so far when tight restrictions limit choice and both are better than Stubbs choices for those positions. Things are already improving. We just have to shitfest our way until January.

13 minutes ago, norman said:

This is exactly how I saw it as well. I genuinely thought MacPherson was lucky to even make it to half time, but his second half performance was excellent. If only he hadn't missed that sitter it would have been even better.

I also agree that Flynn (and McGinn also for me) were good in the second half. Surprised at the negativity towards them when they were the ones driving the midfield forward in the second half and creating the chances.

Just watched the highlights.  What a ball from McGinn to set up MacPherson that was.

16 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

According to TC our sub Jamieson.

"He’s a big lad for 19, fair throwing himself about a bit. I like him."
Last season we had players who were quality for the level and could afford to play an expansive game.

This season were a division higher & struggling so my advice would be to revert to simple direct football - big guy, quick guy upfront. 

Never struck me as big at all, wee aggressive type was how I saw him. Odd that some thought he looked big !

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

OK is looking at a far better calibre of player than Stubbs ever did. 2 signings so far when tight restrictions limit choice and both are better than Stubbs choices for those positions. Things are already improving. We just have to shitfest our way until January.

The problem come the transfer window will be how we off load some of Stubbs junk as we will have to before we can bring anyone in. The squad is too big as it is. It's going to cost us too. I'd be wary of expecting any JR style squad rebuild.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The problem come the transfer window will be how we off load some of Stubbs junk as we will have to before we can bring anyone in. The squad is too big as it is. It's going to cost us too. I'd be wary of expecting any JR style squad rebuild.

GLS has already said that there will be money for the window , and that the contracts/loans of some players will be cut short. I believe his exact words were "there is scope to do that if we need to". I have no doubt that if OK wants a complete squad overhaul in January , he'll get one !

11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Sad little man.  thought you might do this.. took the precaution of speaking with other forom posters there. Hoped not to have to embarrass you.  But if you insist...... 

Decent day out yesterday.  Driven to the game by a Hibee and  Ricky bought me a pint. He was definitely there. Decent performance from the team and a lot of positives in the second half.

I was bemused by the amount of space Gray was given when he scored the opener but apparently there was a bit of jiggery pokery going on  in the box and players were impeded. I reckon Sammy should have caught it before it even reached Gray but that aside I Thought Jackson was decent but I'm not sure he was  man of the match. I thought Flynn put in a good shift and Cammy MacPherson could have edged it too.

Jamieson looked the part when he came on and the way he was mixing it with the Hibs players was very encouraging. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

Things can only get better. There's been a few comparisons between OK and Stubbs records but I prefer watching OK's team to Stubbs team. OK might not be amassing points yet but I'm confident  they will come.

After the game I was driven back to NB where every Hibs fan I know seemed to be frequenting the pubs and having a few Jibes at my expense but with the two Edinburgh Teams sitting at the top of the league the atmosphere was good.

The only blight of the evening was a slight skirmish, not even handbags, which resulted in a guy in a Celtic top getting ejected from the pub.

It seems  like you can change the two teams at the top of of the league but you can't stop the old firm causing bother.

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Never struck me as big at all, wee aggressive type was how I saw him. Odd that some thought he looked big !

He wasn't tall but he was broader than the rest of our Team and wasn't shy about flexing his muscles. Looks promising

Edited by East Lothian Saint

Looks to me that we had three really good chances to score.

If McGinn (P) or MacPherson had put their efforts on target, then they would surely have scored.

Even though Hibs had so much of the ball in the first half, they didn't really create more clear cut chances than us.

Kamberi was definitely manhandling at least one of our defenders for the goal. He managed to do it on the blind side of the ref, but as expected the assistant ref  failed to spot the infringement. Have seen fouls given for less in the box at corners.

30 minutes ago, billyg said:

GLS has already said that there will be money for the window , and that the contracts/loans of some players will be cut short. I believe his exact words were "there is scope to do that if we need to". I have no doubt that if OK wants a complete squad overhaul in January , he'll get one !

I don't think we'll see changes as massive as happened under JR. The squad is big but lacking in quality. Could see a lot leaving but only maybe four or five of better quality coming in.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I would not be expecting another 10 in but try and get as many out as we can that are not contributing.  We have several on loan that could hopefully return to their parent club and maybe put some out on loan. Unfortunately we still have some on 2 and 3 year contracts who do not look like the quality we need that will be harder to shift.

just watched the highlights there thought we were really unlucky  can see that the team are getting better with a bit of luck we would have got something out of that game .Get Aberdeen out the way next week and we might start to turn a corner .with a couple of games against teams that are more our level just now .

11 minutes ago, elvis said:

just watched the highlights there thought we were really unlucky  can see that the team are getting better with a bit of luck we would have got something out of that game .Get Aberdeen out the way next week and we might start to turn a corner .with a couple of games against teams that are more our level just now .

Another account hacked!

Div needs to get something done with the security settings here.

6 hours ago, norman said:

Probably the biggest game of McPherson's career so far. In the first half the pace of the game just passed him by and he was gasping for a second wind. Second half he showed what a prospect he is

Team progressing under Kearney. His assessment of the squad is spot on and the players he is bringing in are improving the team. I'm confident he can get us above Livingston and Hamilton this season.

Also highlights what a disgraceful job that Stubbs did.

Macpherson should be hitting every set piece. His whipped in crosses were at least giving us half a chance at winning a header compared to the floaty pishy crosses from Flynn.

Thought we deserved a point for the second half performance. Big Anton was my MOTM.