Saint Mirren V Hibernian 29.9.18

St.Ricky

6 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Macpherson should be hitting every set piece. His whipped in crosses were at least giving us half a chance at winning a header compared to the floaty pishy crosses from Flynn.

Thought we deserved a point for the second half performance. Big Anton was my MOTM.

Like some others on here,  I thought MacPherson had a very good second half.  Big Anton strolled through the game and didn't puts foot wrong.  Jack Baird won every tackle and clearly benefits from playing alongside Ferdinand.  Jack though was my man of the match. 

I thought we lacked any quality in the first half where hibs played right through our midfield, McGinn and Mcpherson were particularly poor, 2nd half was like a completely different team, McGinn, Mcpherson, Flynn & Edwards were all good, and Jamieson showed enough to suggest better things to come. Jackson showed enough to suggest he'll be an asset though I thought the motm award was a bit generous, I would have given that to Jack Baird, just a pity we didn't sneak the draw that our second half showing probably deserved, but a huge improvement on the pre-OK performances and maybe (hopefully) enough to stay up.

Don’t get the complaining about their goal. It’s not a foul. Our players just need to toughen the f**k up and make sure are winning that. Two players should not be bullied by one.

Wtf not a foul you for real?

You by any chance been one of the recent referees panel for the Morelos and mcgregor incidents?

Just annoys me how Paul mcginn just seems to accept the fact hes was pulled in for a bear hug

4 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Probably the biggest game of McPherson's career so far. In the first half the pace of the game just passed him by and he was gasping for a second wind. Second half he showed what a prospect he is

Team progressing under Kearney. His assessment of the squad is spot on and the players he is bringing in are improving the team. I'm confident he can get us above Livingston and Hamilton this season.

Also highlights what a disgraceful job that Stubbs did.

I think HMS finishing above Livvy sailed some time ago, no chance !

6 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Wtf not a foul you for real?

You by any chance been one of the recent referees panel for the Morelos and mcgregor incidents?

Just annoys me how Paul mcginn just seems to accept the fact hes was pulled in for a bear hug

Holding happens in the box. You’ve got to be stronger.

McGinn and Hodson accepted it, no protest. They knew they had been weak and shouldn’t have allowed that situation to happen. 

On 9/29/2018 at 7:30 PM, DLBud said:

You’re just acting the fanny again. Nobody has said we were robbed or that we were even the better side.

As for your question? I think most of us appreciate that Stubbs left a f**king train wreck of a squad behind and we’re now left trawling the free agent market trying to pick up some bargains that will improve us.

I’m not sure that explaining that makes any difference though as your clearly trolling so go ahead and fill your boots.

He does have a long record of just making stupid posts - practically campaigning to have Danny Lennon removed before we won the League Cup in 2013, consistently criticising Jack Ross throughout his tenure and saying duff managers should be retained until Christmas at least.

Holding happens in the box. You’ve got to be stronger.

McGinn and Hodson accepted it, no protest. They knew they had been weak and shouldn’t have allowed that situation to happen. 

Because it happens that means it’s not a foul [emoji23][emoji23]

Players need to wise up not toughen up if mcginn tosses hibs player out his way then it’s a penalty to them.

He throws his hands up in the air bring the refs attention to it then he gets the foul.

22 hours ago, TopCat said:

Even more abuse than usual this week. Absolutely loving your feedback guys, keep it coming.

Back to the football.

Assuming we don’t win at Pittodrie next week, OK will have had a worse start than AS did.

OK will have had 2 or 1 point(s) from his first 4 league games. AS got 3 points from 4 league games (and got us out our league cup group) before he was sacked.

The question then becomes, now we’ve accepted that sacking a manager with 3 points after 4 games is okay, where do we draw the line for the current manager?

Of course the scenario here is OK says my team is losing every week cause it’s Stubbs players. He could say I can’t motivate and organise this group of players to an extent that they avoid a 3 zip hounding in Hamilton.

Not saying this will happen, but we could feasibly be 5+ points adrift at the bottom by Christmas (not unlikely when you look at the fixtures) and OK could claim diminished responsibility.

Perhaps he has a point.

We’re now stuck with a bizarre scenario where we have a manager who was deemed not up to it by our board when he was first interviewed in May.

Who could have a worse record than the guy who they thought was up to it in May, but the current manager can’t be sacked because he couldn’t sign his own players because he wasn’t good enough for the job (according to our board) in the first place.

Thanks Gordon!

You seem to want to cherry pick results from Alan Stubbs "start". We played pretty well against Dundee and won that game 2-1 although Dundee could easily won by a few had they scored their penalty and taken some of their chances and had their keeper not gifted us a goal via one of the most blatant keeper errors we will see all season.  You also mention hammering Dumbarton at home in the League Cup - but don't mention drawing with Spartans, drawing with Queen's Park, getting pulverised by Sunderland, getting pumped by Aberdeen in the cup, being out of the game at Ibrox after 25 minutes, soundly beaten by Livi before half time, and he game at Tynecastle being over by half time as well.

Games under Stubbs where St Mirren players scored for us in regulation time: Spartans, Dumbarton, Dundee

Games under Stubbs where St Mirren players didn't score for us in regulation time: Kilmarnock, Sunderland, Queen's Park, Rangers, Aberdeen, Livingston, Hearts.

Stubbs played premiership opposition 6 times and in 5 matches our players didn't score. Stubbs signings in the forward areas have been alarming. He tried to sign Stokes twice, even after he had gone AWOL before La Manga, tried to sign Kenny Miller Twice, Cody Cooke and Jeff King haven't started a league game yet, Brock-Madsen I don't think has managed a shot on or off target yet this season. Let's hang fire on the lack of goals under Kearney's tenure just yet - at least we have looked like we have been in most games for the 90 minutes unlike games against premiership-opposition-other-than-Dundee being over as a contest before half time.

21 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Sad little man.  thought you might do this.. took the precaution of speaking with other forom posters there. Hoped not to have to embarrass you.  But if you insist...... 

You are still letting faraway live rent free in your head and you go to a game and "take the precaution" of verifying your identity and presence at the game with another forum member.

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

Agree about McPherson. Besides Mallan and Morgan the last player that could whip in a decent ball was Billy Stark!

You've just planted images in my head of Jim Goodwin's free kicks and Garry Brady's corners :lol:

I did wonder back then if we would ever have another player who could actually hit set pieces :lol:

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Couldnt make the game, so unable to comment on our performance. The stats for the game show how poor we must have been first half, and over the game Hibs gave away about four times as many fouls as us! Was their mentality simply that they wanted it more?

Or just that Hibs are brutal?

Why the need to see this as a negative towards us? :blink:

Just now, faraway saint said:

Or just that Hibs are brutal?

Why the need to see this as a negative towards us? :blink:

I am asking a question of those who actually saw the game. I realise that would be alien to you.

if a side have up to three quarters of the possesion, three times as many goal attempts and up to four times as many fouls conceded it might indicate they were trying harder than their opponents to boss things?

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I am asking a question of those who actually saw the game. I realise that would be alien to you.

if a side have up to three quarters of the possesion, three times as many goal attempts and up to four times as many fouls conceded it might indicate they were trying harder than their opponents to boss things?

Quite amusing but not a surprising response. 

Aye, it might be many reasons, trust you to make it our fault. :lol:

Run along, must be time to come up with more negativity towards the club.  :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

54 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Couldnt make the game, so unable to comment on our performance. The stats for the game show how poor we must have been first half, and over the game Hibs gave away about four times as many fouls as us! Was their mentality simply that they wanted it more?

Hibs like Hamilton commit professional fouls and generally are very physical - lots of pushing and elbows and time wasting. Even wee Mallon had a couple of meaty border line late tackles. Part of the learning process for us. Hibs didnt want it more though. We gave 100% and a few of the boys grew into the game second half. The team deserved its standing ovation at the end. No lack of effort.

Edited by magnus

9 minutes ago, magnus said:

Hibs like Hamilton commit professional fouls and generally are very physical - lots of pushing and elbows and time wasting. Even wee Mellon had a couple of meaty border line late tackles. Part of the learning process for us. Hibs didnt want it more though. We gave 100% and a few of the boys grew into the game second half. The team deserved its standing ovation at the end. No lack of effort.

Slow start then?

i guess with so many ongoing changes of line up, formation and tactics its going to require a lot of patience to see if Oran can make us competitive for the whole game. We will rely a lot upon the experience Of Ferdinand, Hodson, Edwards, Jackson etc to be more clever in games. That was the howling flaw in the last mangers thinking.