The Role of The SLO

St.Ricky

I am a bit vague on the role of the SLO.  As far as I understand it,  they are the Go-Between for the fans and the board and other authorities. 

The recent furore over the banner removed by stewards have caused me to reflect on this. 

Can anyone throw any more light on this? 

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

St Mirren are delighted to announce the appointment of John White and John Allison as our new Supporter Liaison Officers (SLO).

The role of the SLO at St Mirren Football Club is to:

* Improve the match day experience within a safe environment.

* Provide a forum and means of continual communication in both directions between the authorities, the club and the fans.

* Work on the basis that football is in the business of entertainment providing an enjoyable experience that encourages repeated attendance, thus providing job security for club employees.

* Establish a working relationship with the authorities, the club and the fans to provide a mutual understanding of each other’s expectations.

* Engage with all fan groups and individuals on a regular basis to establish positive future objectives of St Mirren Football Club.

If you wish to contact the SLOs please e-mail [email protected].

Thanks. There is clear guidance there.  Any group should raise matters with the SLO. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, shull said:

Gordon is ......

Ah that took me back Shull. One of my earliest memories of music. I can think of a few before it but not many.

Sugar Sugar by the Arches and Lily the Pink by Scaffold spring to mind, In fairness it wasn’t a great era for pop music but these songs have their place in time.

The other day I heard Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap for the first time in donkeys years. Blimey that’s some seriously inappropriate lyrics. Project Yew Tree would be all over oor Gary these days.

16 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ah that took me back Shull. One of my earliest memories of music. I can think of a few before it but not many.

Sugar Sugar by the Arches and Lily the Pink by Scaffold spring to mind, In fairness it wasn’t a great era for pop music but these songs have their place in time.

The other day I heard Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap for the first time in donkeys years. Blimey that’s some seriously inappropriate lyrics. Project Yew Tree would be all over oor Gary these days.

Those were the days right enough.

Back then you had major artists like Chuck Berry, Neil Sedaka and Neil Diamond singing songs about underage girls and how they couldn't wait to plug them the minute the became legal aged.

"Girl. You'll be a woman soon. Soon you'll need a man".

It was a weird world back then.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Those were the days right enough.

Back then you had major artists like Chuck Berry, Neil Sedaka and Neil Diamond singing songs about underage girls and how they couldn't wait to plug them the minute the became legal aged.

"Girl. You'll be a woman soon. Soon you'll need a man".

It was a weird world back then.

Oh there was plenty. And the way it turned out for Rolf Harris, maybe there was a hidden meaning behind Two Little Boys.

Shame about that Neil Dianond song you quote because dodgy lyrics aside it’s a cracking song. Although I preferred the version that was on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. Cannae mind who did it.