The Feel Good Factor

St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Well you will enjoy both.  Have great time.  We have seen the Bootleg Beatles a few times and really enjoyed the  show. 

Cheers the Bootleg Beatles have been one of those gigs you keep meaning to go to but didn't get round to. I've seen loads of Beatles tribute band but i think I've yet to see the best.

Right I’m just going to come right out there and say it.

The Beatles were shite.

Tinny wee pop songs with boring repetitive lyrics for the most part. For such a revered band with a pretty prolific output in the 10 years or so that they were successful,  I could literally count the number of their songs that I consider acceptable on the fingers of one hand. For me there was much much better music around in the 60s.

There isn’t one Beatles song that would make it into my top 100 songs of all time. 

Off the top of my head I’d give you “In my Life” and “Across the Universe”. Struggling after that.

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The Beatles were shite.

Tinny wee pop songs with boring repetitive lyrics for the most part. For such a revered band with a pretty prolific output in the 10 years or so that they were successful,  I could literally count the number of their songs that I consider acceptable on the fingers of one hand. For me there was much much better music around in the 60s.

There isn’t one Beatles song that would make it into my top 100 songs of all time. 

Off the top of my head I’d give you “In my Life” and “Across the Universe”. Struggling after that.

I enjoyed the Beatles Music then but more now than befire. My preference at the time was The Stones. Also liked the earlier Elvis stuff. All personal choice.

54 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I enjoyed the Beatles Music then but more now than befire. My preference at the time was The Stones. Also liked the earlier Elvis stuff. All personal choice.

I’m not a massive Elvis fan, but I absolutely appreciate his work and like lots of his songs. For example “If I can Dream” would absolutely be in my top 100 of all time.

The Stones weren’t really my cup of tea, but massively more credible than the Beatles IMHO.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m not a massive Elvis fan, but I absolutely appreciate his work and like lots of his songs. For example “If I can Dream” would absolutely be in my top 100 of all time.

The Stones weren’t really my cup of tea, but massively more credible than the Beatles IMHO.

Ear drops used three times for three day's should do it.  Wait till it's dark and close the curtains. Have a large glass of your favourite tipple. Sit back and have the remote control handy.  Have the Beatles White Album Ready. Take a sip of favourite tipple then reach for remote control and press PLAY. It will all come to you. 

10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

A fecking stonking song. :clapping

9 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The Beatles were shite.

The Beatles as individuals were far better. Well half of them any way. George Harrison's All Things Must Pass triple album  and john Lennon's Imagine to name but two.

22 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The Beatles as individuals were far better. Well half of them any way. George Harrison's All Things Must Pass triple album  and john Lennon's Imagine to name but two.

Yup. Agreed on that. Particularly George. He was particularly good in his wee spell as one of the Travelling Wiburys.

McCartney on the other hand is an absolute bellend.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Opinions, opinions, eh? Personally, I think the Rolling Stones were utter shite. An over-rated bar band. I’ll grant you ‘Brown Sugar’, I might even stretch to ‘Undercover of the Night’. That’s it. I simply never got the attraction. Still going, but ceased to be relevant or write a decent new song since nineteen-canteen.

I absolutely love the Beatles though. The way they developed from their first recordings, in an unfeasibly short timespan. These days, some bands will maybe record two albums in the time the entire Beatles career spanned.

Annnyway. Whatever floats your boat.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yup. Agreed on that. Particularly George. He was particularly good in his wee spell as one of the Travelling Wiburys.

I was going to give you a like then you car crashed Paul , Oh mate I need a long chat . Love Paul and respect his living especially as a UK citizen and not sending his children to private school. Oaksoft must be disappointed with that.  Go online and listen to Paul McCartney- Every Night. Each to their own I get that but Paul is a very special Brit. 

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I was going to give you a like then you car crashed Paul , Oh mate I need a long chat . Love Paul and respect his living especially as a UK citizen and not sending his children to private school. Oaksoft must be disappointed with that.  Go online and listen to Paul McCartney- Every Night. Each to their own I get that but Paul is a very special Brit. 

Whit?.

Here's one for you................"Fanny"...................run along. :byebye

He is indeed a fanny , he keeps reporting to Div the link to his own linkedin page to get it removed yet it’s a public page , have a swatch if you want https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-i-grew-30000-direct-connections-linkedin-ricky

Perhaps he could get them all to buy a season ticket ? :P

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The Beatles were shite.

You do realise the guitars were out of tune on Across The Universe and it was one of their sloppiest recordings?

37 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Did George Harrison come up with 20 good songs in his 30 years after the Beatles - All Things Must Pass is one of the most over-rated albums ever - from someone with 90% of his solo albums. I'd guess Harrison came up with about 6 songs for the Wilburys with Dylan writing the bulk of the material for the 2 albums with Petty and Lynne contributing a couple of songs per albums too

45 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The solo careers of Lennon and Harrison were mostly all downhill after their debut solo albums - I'd be prepared to accept "Imagine" as a decent but patchy offering and most of Living In The Material World too.

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Did George Harrison come up with 20 good songs in his 30 years after the Beatles - All Things Must Pass is one of the most over-rated albums ever - from someone with 90% of his solo albums. I'd guess Harrison came up with about 6 songs for the Wilburys with Dylan writing the bulk of the material for the 2 albums with Petty and Lynne contributing a couple of songs per albums too

I must confess I did particularly detest “Got my mind set on you”. Dreadful song!