The Feel Good Factor

St.Ricky

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Right I’m just going to come right out there and say it.

The Beatles were shite.

Tinny wee pop songs with boring repetitive lyrics for the most part. For such a revered band with a pretty prolific output in the 10 years or so that they were successful,  I could literally count the number of their songs that I consider acceptable on the fingers of one hand. For me there was much much better music around in the 60s.

There isn’t one Beatles song that would make it into my top 100 songs of all time. 

Off the top of my head I’d give you “In my Life” and “Across the Universe”. Struggling after that.

Hoo dare ya ya wee sh*te; yer no allowed to nae like the Beatles, yeeel be telling me nixt ye dinna like the old firm either, tch, tch.  :P

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

The Beatles as individuals were far better. Well half of them any way. George Harrison's All Things Must Pass triple album  and john Lennon's Imagine to name but two.

Yup. Agreed on that. Particularly George. He was particularly good in his wee spell as one of the Travelling Wiburys.

McCartney on the other hand is an absolute bellend.

Am a tae take it yer no sae keen on is classic Mull O Kintyre then  :P.  Having said that I wish I could pen songs as good and popular as that bell end. did.

20 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Did George Harrison come up with 20 good songs in his 30 years after the Beatles - All Things Must Pass is one of the most over-rated albums ever - from someone with 90% of his solo albums. I'd guess Harrison came up with about 6 songs for the Wilburys with Dylan writing the bulk of the material for the 2 albums with Petty and Lynne contributing a couple of songs per albums too

That's the great thing about music. It's an individual opinion. Even to the extent that two people could like one band/artist as much as each other but hate another their counterpart loved.

David Bowie is an example of how tastes vary. I don't know anyone who didn't like something he did but, except for the "real fans", they all love something completely different.

6 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Hoo dare ya ya wee sh*te; yer no allowed to nae like the Beatles, yeeel be telling me nixt ye dinna like the old firm either, tch, tch.  :P

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

Am a tae take it yer no sae keen on is classic Mull O Kintyre then  :P.  Having said that I wish I could pen songs as good and popular as that bell end. did.

Boab? Is that you?

19 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The solo careers of Lennon and Harrison were mostly all downhill after their debut solo albums - I'd be prepared to accept "Imagine" as a decent but patchy offering and most of Living In The Material World too.

Would not disagree collectively it worked together in a big way. When guys and girl's get together things tend too change. Good for partners love is so powerful friend's tend to take a back seat. 

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I must confess I did particularly detest “Got my mind set on you”. Dreadful song!

Again shows the power of music because I thought that was brilliant. Quirky and made for the time.

ETA. The video was superb for it's time.

Edited by stlucifer

15 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
21 minutes ago, jaybee said:

16 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Boab? Is that you?

Kin ye no see a pur imatation manB)

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Feck me! You do hate some fantastic music.:P

I could never comprehend that the same band who could do songs like Skateaway, Tunnel of Love, Romeo and Juliet, Brothers in Arms etc, could also produce utter guff like Walk of Life, Money for Nothing and the ultimate pile of keech Twisting by the Pool.

34 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
42 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Did George Harrison come up with 20 good songs in his 30 years after the Beatles - All Things Must Pass is one of the most over-rated albums ever - from someone with 90% of his solo albums. I'd guess Harrison came up with about 6 songs for the Wilburys with Dylan writing the bulk of the material for the 2 albums with Petty and Lynne contributing a couple of songs per albums too

I must confess I did particularly detest “Got my mind set on you”. Dreadful song!

Dis cud be fisticuffs shoartly ah liked dat song  :)  mind yi ah liked star trekking acroas de yuniverse tae,  B)

41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I didn’t say he did.

Almost half of the decent songs he recorded during his solo career were old songs written while he was in the Beatles (Isn't It A Pity, The Art of Dying, All Things Must Pass, Circles, Not Guilty) or about the Beatles (All Those Years Ago and When We Was Fab) or co-writes (I'd Have You Anytime) or covers (If Not For You and er, My Sweet Lord) - strange you claim his solo career was better than the Beatles whose recordings of Something, Here Comes The Sun, Taxman, If I Needed Someone, Think For Yourself, Within You Without You, Old Brown Shoe, While My Guitar Gently Weeps all sound better than anything he recorded without them.

This song has been used by football fans.  It was written as a response to the racial problems in South Africa pre Mandella.  I was privileged to hear it played at the official opening of the, then,  new Cape Town World Cup Stadium.  It was,  I think the 20th Anniversary of Nelson Mandela's release from prison in Robben Ísland in Table Bay.  Fantastic. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Opinions, opinions, eh? Personally, I think the Rolling Stones were utter shite. An over-rated bar band. I’ll grant you ‘Brown Sugar’, I might even stretch to ‘Undercover of the Night’. That’s it. I simply never got the attraction. Still going, but ceased to be relevant or write a decent new song since nineteen-canteen.

I absolutely love the Beatles though. The way they developed from their first recordings, in an unfeasibly short timespan. These days, some bands will maybe record two albums in the time the entire Beatles career spanned.

Annnyway. Whatever floats your boat.

I like both, that's allowed too. :D but like you, i love The Beatles and always have. 

38 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Back on topic...

I felt great at the end of last season (for approx 18mnths)
I did not feel good after first 4 games this season
I felt absolutely fantastic after last Friday
I feel good about tomorrow
I feel good about the rest of the season

COYS !!!

So .............. You might say :