St Mirren Celebrity Ambassador Fans

St.Ricky

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Dougie Henshall is a definite St. Mirren fan.

Sadly the real Paisley celebs like Butler and Nutini are both Tim. Actually correction. Not sadly in the case of Butler. I wouldn’t want him as a Bud because he’s an utter cock. 

There was a guy in Take the High Road who was a Saints fan, maybe played a character called Jocky? 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

I think you and F Man assume too much.. you should remember that to Assume makes an Ass out of U and Me... In these case each of you. 

At least you got the second part right.  you certainly prove time and again you are a wee bit of an ass.

And the say the old ones are the best.

Lyin' bassas

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

At least you got the second part right.  you certainly prove time and again you are a wee bit of an ass.

And the say the old ones are the best.

Lyin' bassas

If you say so.. Very kind of you to say that an old guy like me is one of the best.  Now if you have nothing to add  to the topic,  toddle on. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

If you say so.. Very kind of you to say that an old guy like me is one of the best.  Now if you have nothing to add  to the topic,  toddle on. 

As usual you read half a post and then spout nonsense. At least you didn't say the all those celebrities and ambassadors agreed with you.

Small steps.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Don’t know if they are St. Mirren fans or not. Obvs Neil is Paisley Buddie and Tennant grew up in Paisley but I don’t know who they support if any. Neither strike me as big Fitba guys. 

Only one way to find out about any of these folks and others I guess is for someone to contact them. 

A job for the boys from W7 perhaps. 

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Kenny McDonald from BBC Scotland news team is a Saints supporter, as is David Currie who does Sportscene .

Apologies if they've been mentioned, but I've had enough of sifting through drivel on other threads.

Thanks FTOF.  Looks like we have quite a few.  

59 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Dougie Henshall is a definite St. Mirren fan.

Sadly the real Paisley celebs like Butler and Nutini are both Tim. Actually correction. Not sadly in the case of Butler. I wouldn’t want him as a Bud because he’s an utter cock. 

Dougie , a Barrhead Saint.

His sister was in my Class at Barrhead High.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Absolutely Oaksoft.  Strange though it might seem ( it is true)  my wife and I met Helen Mirren in Stirling.  She is tiny but built well in all the right places. 

Don't mention Hammarby.. Please.  By sheer chance in Stockholm when visiting a Gymnasium (School)  I found myself at the offices of Hammarby FC. 

But the first part of your post is not fantastical but would sure take some work. 

Ricky, I get the feeling that if you wrote a book on famous people you have not met in your life, I have a feeling it would be no thicker than a small pamphlet. :P

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Only one way to find out about any of these folks and others I guess is for someone to contact them. 

A job for the boys from W7 perhaps. 

If what you want is a group of kids to approach Helen Mirren, ask to use her face on a banner, be told No, and then do it anyway because her reason for saying No wasn't one they agreed with then yes, that would be a great job for the W7 boys. :D

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Ricky, I get the feeling that if you wrote a book on famous people you have not met in your life, I have a feeling it would be no thicker than a small pamphlet. :P

Fact is often stranger than fiction I find. 

Strangest one was meeting Miss Gibraltar just before she was crowned Miss World. 

I was introduced by a friend.  She was a lovely girl as I recall. Met at a reception at the Hyatt in Rosebank, Johannesburg. 

Offered to introduce me to Miss Scotland and have my photos taken, but I declined. 

Miss Scotland was from Dunblane just a few miles from where I lived. 

I value my personal privacy outside that needed for work. 

As I say.. Fact can be stranger than fiction. 

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I so want to believe all Ricky’s wee mini stories. In fact sod it, I’m going to believe all his wee mini stories.

Until he tells us about the time he had brunch with Mao Tse Tung, Tsar Nikolai II and Adolf Hitler.

You keep them coming Rickster! 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I so want to believe all Ricky’s wee mini stories. In fact sod it, I’m going to believe all his wee mini stories.

Until he tells us about the time he had brunch with Mao Tse Tung, Tsar Nikolai II and Adolf Hitler.

You keep them coming Rickster! 

They just happen to be true. And no.. didn't have brunch with any of those. 

In fact didn't have lunch with Pavorotti when he came to Glasgow. 

Much to my wifes annoyance. I was invited to lunch with him with my wife and around 10 others. 

I had a business appointment I wanted to keep so asked my Senior Manager and his wife to go in our place.  They did and he still has the photos. 

Anyway..... Enough.  Lots of people on here will have little stories to tell but might be put off  by some of the reactions people get. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

They just happen to be true. And no.. didn't have brunch with any of those. 

In fact didn't have lunch with Pavorotti when he came to Glasgow. 

Much to my wifes annoyance. I was invited to lunch with him with my wife and around 10 others. 

I had a business appointment I wanted to keep so asked my Senior Manager and his wife to go in our place.  They did and he still has the photos. 

Anyway..... Enough.  Lots of people on here will have little stories to tell but might be put off  by some of the reactions people get. 

I once got a kiss off Clare Grogan and Michael Stipe once knocked me back for an autograph.......that’s all I’ve got.

Oh know, wait a minute, when I was a wean a bunch of us went carol singing round Foxbar to earn a few bob. I got a quid at Alex Beckett’s door. What a gent.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I once got a kiss off Clare Grogan and Michael Stipe once knocked me back for an autograph.......that’s all I’ve got.

Oh know, wait a minute, when I was a wean a bunch of us went carol singing round Foxbar to earn a few bob. I got a quid at Alex Beckett’s door. What a gent.

Alex Beckett. .. he of the wonder goal at Parkhead . I bow before you TP. 

Edited by St.Ricky