St Mirren Celebrity Ambassador Fans

St.Ricky

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Who are St Mirren's Celebrity Fans?  We all know Rod Stewart isaCektic Fan and that Lorraine Kelly is a Dundee United Fan.  I believe that Dundee United have appointed Lorraine Kelly and Brian Taylor as their Celebrity Ambassadors. Who would you like ours to be.  The latest local guy to hit the big-time is Richard Madden who hails from Elderslie.  A short list of famous Paisley People is shown via this link.  Don't know if Cristopher Brookmyre or Dougie Vipond are shown.  So who would you chose?  https://www.paisley.org.uk/famous-people/

Chris Brookmyre and Dougie Vipond are from Barrhead and Inchinnan respectively,  not Paisley. I suspect that's why they aren't there.

5 hours ago, Hendo said:
7 hours ago, David Mc said:

John Witherspoon signatory to the American Declaration of Independence and would have been, but St Mirren hadn't been invented yet.  Nice statue outside UWS though.  Maybe we should start putting a scarf on it. :)

I'm not voting for him, his pubs are shite. 

Disagree I am afraid; they do not aspire to elitism most certainly, but they quite cleverly utilise a lot of older style building which have reached the end of their usefulness (such as the Paisley post office) as well as similar other premises elsewhere and they cater for families for both food drink (including teas and coffee) and granted the meals are not cordon bleu but they are reasonable and fairly priced.  They filled a niche that was available quite cleverly.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Aye.

It's p!sh. And calling Lorraine Kelly a celebrity is like saying Muttley is really a dog.

Now.... the other way round.....

Image result for angry bull mastiff  Meet my rottie, can you guess what he is called?   give you a clue; it begins with an M and ends with a y ............. and it isn't Matey!  B)

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I so want to believe all Ricky’s wee mini stories. In fact sod it, I’m going to believe all his wee mini stories.

Until he tells us about the time he had brunch with Mao Tse Tung, Tsar Nikolai II and Adolf Hitler.

You keep them coming Rickster! 

I prefer to believe him too.

I reckon It's hardly going to cause me any problems if he is bullshitting.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Disagree I am afraid; they do not aspire to elitism most certainly, but they quite cleverly utilise a lot of older style building which have reached the end of their usefulness (such as the Paisley post office) as well as similar other premises elsewhere and they cater for families for both food drink (including teas and coffee) and granted the meals are not cordon bleu but they are reasonable and fairly priced.  They filled a niche that was available quite cleverly.

Yep. Whilst I don't drink, there is no doubt that they have beautifully preserved some very important buildings across the UK. They should at least be credited with that.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Image result for angry bull mastiff  Meet my rottie, can you guess what he is called?   give you a clue; it begins with an M and ends with a y ............. and it isn't Matey!  B)

I would call that dog anything it wanted me to call it.

f**king.

Terrifying.

These are about the only dogs I always cross the road to avoid.

Edited by oaksoft

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

Chris Brookmyre and Dougie Vipond are from Barrhead and Inchinnan respectively,  not Paisley. I suspect that's why they aren't there.

I don't know what the criteria is they used to determine if someone is from Paisley . David Tennant was born in Bathgate and Phyllis Logan grew up in Johnstone , for instance. .

17 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Brian Smith ex professional cyclist and team manager, now a Eurosport commentator hails from Paisley and is a Buddies fan.
He even managed to get Team Quebeka decked out in black and white stripes when he was managing or coaching them.

Who knows, he might even post on here emoji33.png

He once hypnotised me in Seedhill.  True :blink:

Guest TPAFKATS
He once hypnotised me in Seedhill.  True :blink:
I'm hoping he's roughly the same age and you were both kids at the time. Otherwise, I'm visualising another leaf falling from a yew tree [emoji44]

The cult of celebrity. A scourge of the modern era<_<

Chris Brookmyre goes to most games when he can, but actually doesn't otherwise talk that often about St Mirren as far as I can tell. That's because he is busy getting on with what he does best. He doesn't need to hang his hat on anything else to gain attention and publicity.

I'm not sure how many others who are in the public eye regularly attend matches. Not many, I wouldn't have thought. That would suggest that they are not sufficiently motivated or are too busy doing what they are good at.

We don't need people crawling out the woodwork proclaiming their love for the club. It is most likely that they would primarily be motivated by the opportunity for a bit of publicity. If they had to go to such lengths to acquire that, are they really of any great worth to the club? I would suggest not.

Nah, not for me. What we need is a good manager, good players, a stable financial base, a passionate support, and Gus MacPherson (apparently). Not celebrities.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

The cult of celebrity. A scourge of the modern era<_<

Chris Brookmyre goes to most games when he can, but actually doesn't otherwise talk that often about St Mirren as far as I can tell. That's because he is busy getting on with what he does best. He doesn't need to hang his hat on anything else to gain attention and publicity.

I'm not sure how many others who are in the public eye regularly attend matches. Not many, I wouldn't have thought. That would suggest that they are not sufficiently motivated or are too busy doing what they are good at.

We don't need people crawling out the woodwork proclaiming their love for the club. It is most likely that they would primarily be motivated by the opportunity for a bit of publicity. If they had to go to such lengths to acquire that, are they really of any great worth to the club? I would suggest not.

Nah, not for me. What we need is a good manager, good players, a stable financial base, a passionate support, and Gus MacPherson (apparently). Not celebrities.

Thank you Victor Meldrew. :lol:

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Thank you Victor Meldrew. :lol:

I can actually see stark similarities between these folks and yourself.

Never going to games and knowing hee haw about fitba, but happy to try and court attention by whoring themselves under the banner of the club in a desperate bid for attention on the  spurious basis that they have some affinity with the Mighty Mirren.

Like them, you should stick to doing what you do best - in your case, cleaning toilets!:P

24 minutes ago, Drew said:

I can actually see stark similarities between these folks and yourself.

Never going to games and knowing hee haw about fitba, but happy to try and court attention by whoring themselves under the banner of the club in a desperate bid for attention on the  spurious basis that they have some affinity with the Mighty Mirren.

Like them, you should stick to doing what you do best - in your case, cleaning toilets!:P

Great, what's the point in you then? :lol:

How, pray tell, do you qualify that you know anything about fitba? :1eye

Edited by faraway saint