St Mirren Celebrity Ambassador Fans

St.Ricky

40 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

I think this celeb fan thing is a bit desperate.

I'd rather we focus on the 11 club ambassadors that start on a Saturday and show our support to them and they are whom we are most proud of.

Hamilton v St Mirren thread up and running. Have you posted in that? Just asking. 

38 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Hamilton v St Mirren thread up and running. Have you posted in that? Just asking. 

I haven't yet Rick, nothing to add that hasn't been already said (i.e. Think OK will field a similar team and its a big 3 points) 

I'm not having a go at you or any others on here regarding this thread, not my style mate. Just noting my position is that my saints hero's are those who pull on the jersey and are ambassadors of the club that way as its what will get us further and more public interest.

However, I understand others may see having an ambassador from  outwith footy as a useful asset, I just fail to really see that. That's all.

4 hours ago, Drew said:

The cult of celebrity. A scourge of the modern era<_<

Chris Brookmyre goes to most games when he can, but actually doesn't otherwise talk that often about St Mirren as far as I can tell. That's because he is busy getting on with what he does best. He doesn't need to hang his hat on anything else to gain attention and publicity.

I'm not sure how many others who are in the public eye regularly attend matches. Not many, I wouldn't have thought. That would suggest that they are not sufficiently motivated or are too busy doing what they are good at.

We don't need people crawling out the woodwork proclaiming their love for the club. It is most likely that they would primarily be motivated by the opportunity for a bit of publicity. If they had to go to such lengths to acquire that, are they really of any great worth to the club? I would suggest not.

Nah, not for me. What we need is a good manager, good players, a stable financial base, a passionate support, and Gus MacPherson (apparently). Not celebrities.

I was with you until, needless to say, the last bit. Nothing apparent about that choice.:ph34r:

21 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Nice to have celebrity fans IMHO. We piss all over the likes of Dunfermline, Falkirk, Ayr or Morton etc in that regard. Clearly, we are bigger, better, sexier, cooler and generally just more wonderful than these no-marks.

Easy the Mirren.

We should have got one of the higher profile celebs to be the "Technical Director" At least most of them know what a Director does.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 9:59 AM, TPAFKATS said:

I'm hoping he's roughly the same age and you were both kids at the time. Otherwise, I'm visualising another leaf falling from a yew tree emoji44.png

Apart from his football and other various jobs, Brian Smith was a professional Hypnotist who I paid to help me quit smoking.  He wisnae very successful at that either :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 8:43 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Dougie Henshall is a definite St. Mirren fan.

Sadly the real Paisley celebs like Butler and Nutini are both Tim. Actually correction. Not sadly in the case of Butler. I wouldn’t want him as a Bud because he’s an utter cock. 

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17216545.scottish-star-gerard-butler-reveals-devastating-picture-of-malibu-home-after-wildfires/?ref=mr&amp;lp=1

Related image

Guest TPAFKATS
Maybe we could send Gerard Butler a New Home card.  He'll need one now that his place in California has burnt down. 
He might bring a few of his celeb pals to the Next home game against the Hoops. 
Why would you want celebrity fans coming to see sellik, particularly at our ground?

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:
Maybe we could send Gerard Butler a New Home card.  He'll need one now that his place in California has burnt down. 
He might bring a few of his celeb pals to the Next home game against the Hoops. 

Why would you want celebrity fans coming to see sellik, particularly at our ground?

P-U-B-L-I-C-I-T-Y