Oaky’s reasons for turning Quisling :-)

TPAFKA Jersey 2

The fact that salmonfuddie’s mate’s sister gets paid a UK pension while living in Canada shows that Scottish independence will work okay! [emoji23]

Anyone else got a completely irrelevant reason for voting yes?

I know someone who voted yes cos she doesn’t like the royal family!

Wonder if she’s related to salmonfuddie? [emoji23]

3 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The fact that salmonfuddie’s mate’s sister gets paid a UK pension while living in Canada shows that Scottish independence will work okay! emoji23.png

Wonder if she’s related to salmonfuddie? emoji23.png

Now why did you have to bring The Royal Family into this?

I suppose this might be because the person involved associates these with the Union they wish to leave. 

From the perspective of a Yes voter it might seem like a reasonable point of view to dislike the "Office" rather than the current Members. 

The interesting thing for me is that we had no referendum as such to join the Union in the first place.. Or did we. 

Have you worked out how dates on the forum work yet?

[emoji23]

You’re as thick as salmonfuddie! [emoji106]

The fact that salmonfuddie’s mate’s sister gets paid a UK pension while living in Canada shows that Scottish independence will work okay! [emoji23] 

Wonder if she’s related to salmonfuddie? [emoji23]

Holy f**k, I tried not to, I really, really did, but there's only one response to trolling like this. 

#thichasfcuk

Gonna stick this here even though it's not relevant in the strictest sense...………..:blink:

President Macron has stepped up attempts to attract UK-based carmakers to France with a private dinner at the Elysée Palace, following their growing concerns about a botched Brexit deal.

The heads of Renault Nissan, Vauxhall and Jaguar Land Rover are understood to have been among executives invited to a dinner last week, where the president warned against growing nationalism around the world and said he was making France more business friendly. It is the latest sign Macron is trying to attract firms nervous about the uncertainty created by Brexit. Three French ministers also took part in the dinner, with the organisers ensuring that companies with major UK operations were represented.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

With "The Pledge - IndyRef2014" consigned to the dustbin of history and the "Northern Powerhouse" strategy floundering it was revealed today that the countries "largest road upgrade project" in 30 years is being  planned for LondonLand - business as usual!

It's not London. It's Kent and Essex.

Is the UK government now not allowed to spend money on roads in the South East now?

Scotland has had and is still having a pretty decent investment up here in roads. We have had a new Forth bridge, the completion of the M74 (?) to get around Glasgow, conversion of the A8 to a motorway, extension to 3 lanes from Airdrie -ish, dualling of the entire A9. Did I miss anything?

Did I miss the protests and wailing about this from people in the South East?

Our reputation as a nation of whiny bastards with chips on our shoulders is well earned.

Edited by oaksoft

On 10/7/2018 at 1:51 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Gonna stick this here even though it's not relevant in the strictest sense...………..:blink:

Other than JLR, those are French-owned businesses who are liable to shrink back fron the UK and consolidate in France at some or other point anyway.  JLR are already heavily committed to the Czech republic (or somewhere nearby)

This shows Macron knows as much about business as Theresa May does.

Guest TPAFKATS
Is the UK government now not allowed to spend money on roads in the South East now?
Scotland has had and is still having a pretty decent investment up here in roads. We have had a new Forth bridge, the completion of the M74 (?) to get around Glasgow, conversion of the A8 to a motorway, extension to 3 lanes from Airdrie -ish, dualling of the entire A9. Did I miss anything?
Our reputation as a nation of whiny bastards with chips on our shoulders is well earned.
You missed that these were projects you noted were funded and undertaken by the Scottish Government.
Generally with HS2, Cross rail, London sewage upgrade etc, all the 'regions' of the UK pay a relevant percentage towards each project.
So Scotland pays for its own projects but also pays a share of London infrastructure projects and takes on associated debt, despite not actually getting any benefit.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

You missed that these were projects you noted were funded and undertaken by the Scottish Government.
Generally with HS2, Cross rail, London sewage upgrade etc, all the 'regions' of the UK pay a relevant percentage towards each project.
So Scotland pays for its own projects but also pays a share of London infrastructure projects and takes on associated debt, despite not actually getting any benefit.

I understand that you have difficulty accepting the result of the 2014 vote but that doesn't validate that last sentence. We are part of the UK. The UK benefits from these investments. Scotland has no debt. We are part of the UK. There is no associated debt. What are you talking about?

Are we really so entitled that we are going to stamp our feet over every single penny spent on public works which don't affect Scotland directly?

I hate to break this to you but sometimes we are going to see money spent in other parts of the UK until Scotland votes to leave the UK.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
I understand that you have difficulty accepting the result of the 2014 vote but that doesn't validate that last sentence. We are part of the UK. The UK benefits from these investments. Scotland has no debt. We are part of the UK. There is no associated debt. What are you talking about?
Are we really so entitled that we are going to stamp our feet over every single penny spent on public works which don't affect Scotland directly?
I hate to break this to you but sometimes we are going to see money spent in other parts of the UK until Scotland votes to leave the UK.
Your post demonstrates how little you understand. But thanks for the condescending attitude.

20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's LondonLand and only a pedant would suggest otherwise.

I actually have no gripe with a govt. looking after it's electoral base - it's good politix.

The economic case for No as gone, the promise to transfer power north too, the only reasons remaining for staying in the Union are sentiment and family ties,

You missed just about everything - and not for the first time. 

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's LondonLand and only a pedant would suggest otherwise.

I actually have no gripe with a govt. looking after it's electoral base - it's good politix.

The economic case for No as gone, the promise to transfer power north too, the only reasons remaining for staying in the Union are sentiment and family ties,

You missed just about everything - and not for the first time. 

There is no such thing as "Londonland". It's Essex and Kent. End of story. Put your chip away.

The case for No has hardly gone. You, along with a minority of others in Scotland are just struggling to accept what happened in 2014.

I have missed nothing.

21 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Your post demonstrates how little you understand. But thanks for the condescending attitude.

If you were clever you could simply have skewered me on my mistake.

But I haven't made a mistake with any of that post.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

There is no such thing as "Londonland". It's Essex and Kent. End of story. Put your chip away.

The case for No has hardly gone. You, along with a minority of others in Scotland are just struggling to accept what happened in 2014.

I have missed nothing.

You can continue to be a pedant but its still LondonLand (would Home Counties suit you better?) as even Ruth Davidson understands. I'm sure plenty of the civil servants she refers to come from Essex and Kent. End of story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41454566

The economic case for being stronger within the UK went with Brexit. The constitutional promises in "The Pledge" have not been fulfilled. All of the tangible reasons for staying in the UK are weaker than 4 years ago

You're struggling to accept that life and politics didn't stop in 2014.

I'd say you've missed just about everything!

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

You can continue to be a pedant but its still LondonLand (would Home Counties suit you better?) as even Ruth Davidson understands. I'm sure plenty of the civil servants she refers to come from Essex and Kent. End of story.

The economic case for being stronger within the UK went with Brexit. The constitutional promises in "The Pledge" have not been fulfilled. All of the tangible reasons for staying in the UK are weaker than 4 years ago

Some fundamental flaws here Bud

For a start- Brexit has not happened yet so nobody actually has a clue what will happen with anything, I would also say , watch this space. Irish hold the keys, not the Scots

As for the constitutional promises- Well I voted with my heart in 2014,  its totally clear the SNPs had no intention of actually getting the vote, thats why Salmond pushed for Devomax BEFORE the vote................. the rest was just 45% of Scots saying FU Big Brother.

In reality, and lets stay here , rather than some stupid Norway model. How exactly will Scotland work Independently - Have you actually acknowledged how badly the EU works .

I dont like anyone I didnt vote for telling me how to live my life . So thats the Tories and the EU, however until the Scottish Gov stop kidding themselves on that they are in Braveheart ( another pile of pish) Scotland will never have a chance.

Its a romantic dream, but as the Scots ably demonstrated we "turned down" the chance.  Its not better together with the Tories, its every man/ woman for him/herself . So I am just sitting back, watching the carnage , and realising there is feck all you can do

Finally- If the SNPs actually believed the "Pledges" they there even more stupid than I presently think they are. Sturgeon is annoying and of course we still have Alexgate to hit us

66M in the UK, 5.7M in Scotland 3.9M registered voters and 1.7M actually want Indy. Latest poll is 47-53 against.....  

SNPs are like the Cub Scouts trying to win against the SAS.................

Guest TPAFKATS
Some fundamental flaws here Bud
For a start- Brexit has not happened yet so nobody actually has a clue what will happen with anything, I would also say , watch this space. Irish hold the keys, not the Scots
As for the constitutional promises- Well I voted with my heart in 2014,  its totally clear the SNPs had no intention of actually getting the vote, thats why Salmond pushed for Devomax BEFORE the vote................. the rest was just 45% of Scots saying FU Big Brother.
In reality, and lets stay here , rather than some stupid Norway model. How exactly will Scotland work Independently - Have you actually acknowledged how badly the EU works .
I dont like anyone I didnt vote for telling me how to live my life . So thats the Tories and the EU, however until the Scottish Gov stop kidding themselves on that they are in Braveheart ( another pile of pish) Scotland will never have a chance.
Its a romantic dream, but as the Scots ably demonstrated we "turned down" the chance.  Its not better together with the Tories, its every man/ woman for him/herself . So I am just sitting back, watching the carnage , and realising there is feck all you can do
Finally- If the SNPs actually believed the "Pledges" they there even more stupid than I presently think they are. Sturgeon is annoying and of course we still have Alexgate to hit us
66M in the UK, 5.7M in Scotland 3.9M registered voters and 1.7M actually want Indy. Latest poll is 47-53 against.....  
SNPs are like the Cub Scouts trying to win against the SAS.................
f**kinghell

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

There is no such thing as Londonland. That isn't being pedantic FFS. Does that humungous chip on your shoulder give you a sloping gait?  :lol:

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There is no such thing as Londonland. That isn't being pedantic FFS. Does that humungous chip on your shoulder give you a sloping gait?  :lol:

Yes there is, even Ruth Davidson knows there is - when she's being brave. 

300px-Home_Counties_%281889_county_borde

The former administrative counties (1889—1965) surrounding London: 1. Buckinghamshire 2. Hertfordshire 3. Essex 4. Berkshire 5. Middlesex 6. Surrey 7. Kent 8. Sussex. (County of London shown in yellow)

The home counties are the counties of England that surround London (although several of them do not border it). The counties generally included in the list are Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey, and Sussex. Other counties more distant from London—such as Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hampshire and Oxfordshire—are also sometimes regarded as home counties due to their proximity to London and their connection to the London regional economy.

Mmmmm, Essex & Kent tied to the London regional economy, the Tories looking after their electoral base - take off your blinkers.  

Edited by Bud the Baker