The Gus Macpherson effect??

Hi all.

Decided to come on as that was such a stark contrast to last week. What's gone so horribly wrong. Yes a couple of players down but come on. Even the basics were wrong today. Defended with every bit of energy they had in them against Celtic. Looked like they gave everything for Oran. This week just non of that! Now maybe this is premature, however seeing the players attitudes and demeanours today has Gus Macpherson been involved with first team matters this week training etc and has this had the Alan Stubbs effect on the players again. I'm only throwing it our there as I have no idea how much he's been involved this week. 

Surely everyone agrees though what has gone so horribly wrong within a week! 

Steven Thompson was correct what he said last week this should have been the start of some real momentum.

I prepare for the backlash!! LOL

12 minutes ago, PapaMcGarry247 said:

Hi all.

Decided to come on as that was such a stark contrast to last week. What's gone so horribly wrong. Yes a couple of players down but come on. Even the basics were wrong today. Defended with every bit of energy they had in them against Celtic. Looked like they gave everything for Oran. This week just non of that! Now maybe this is premature, however seeing the players attitudes and demeanours today has Gus Macpherson been involved with first team matters this week training etc and has this had the Alan Stubbs effect on the players again. I'm only throwing it our there as I have no idea how much he's been involved this week. 

Steven Thompson was correct what he said last week this should have been the start of some real momentum.

As fans we can post shite like this all we want but all that is going to happen is that people are going to be miserable.

Stop obsessing over Gus and recognise that OK cannot change things overnight. The Celtic game was easy to get up for. Away to Hamilton, not so much. It has ALWAYS been like this with Saints. Forced into several changes within 30 minutes can't have helped either. It's going to be a long season. Getting too high after the likes of the Celtic game and too low after the likes of this one is not going to help at all.

31 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We seem to judge our team on a match by match basis. Gus has not had any effect . In a few days ? Just the usual neg pish that get posted by posters in nappies. Poor day but FFS give it some time. Was expecting a Sack Oran thread but this almost as laughable. Mate ur a joke

I'm a joke when I even said maybe this is premature. I also as you can see by the question marks was asking if this was the Gus effect and also said I wasn't aware if he'd been involved this week so I wasn't aware if he had any impact. Not at any stage did I say he had, had an impact I asked the question. Thats generally what question marks are used for. As for wearing nappies I have a 4 month old that wears them not me! I even said I awaited the backlash as obviously all some people can do on here is use insults. When all I did was ask a genuine legitimate question. The joys of social media and why usually I avoid it. I see a big mistake coming on here. 

Edited by PapaMcGarry247

We may have 28 players , but Premiership quality wise , the squad is threadbare.  I really fear for us between now and January if Oran can't source some experience to shore things up , all over the pitch. We have no width ,  our midfield is powder puff , in forward areas we are disjointed and at the back , we're expecting a result today with players playing out of position.  Never going to happen.

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Good :byebye 

Yet I'm the poster in nappies!! How childish are you. I didn't come on here for confrontation or rows. I came on to give my opinion isn't that what a forum is for. Not name calling. It's like dealing with a school bully. I feel the majority of our fan base isn't like this so I'm not letting you force me off here. 

Edited by PapaMcGarry247

Just now, PapaMcGarry247 said:

Yet I'm the poster in nappies!! How childish are you. I didn't come on here for confrontation or rows. I came on to give my opinion isn't that what a forum is for. Not name calling. It's like dealing with a school bully. I feel the majority of our fab base isn't like this so I'm not letting you force me off here. 

Ignore him, he's a fanny, it's all that school he missed. :rolleyes:

I'm a joke when I even said maybe this is premature. I also as you can see by the question marks was asking if this was the Gus effect and also said I wasn't aware if he'd been involved this week so I wasn't aware if he had any impact. Not at any stage did I say he had, had an impact I asked the question. Thats generally what question marks are used for. As for wearing nappies I have a 4 month old that wears them not me! I even said I awaited the backlash as obviously all some people can do on here is use insults. When all I did was ask a genuine legitimate question. The joys of social media and why usually I avoid it. I see a big mistake coming on here. 

To be honest he’s being nice calling you a joke

Your a complete f**king arsehole imo

That out there had f**k all to do with gus mcpherson.

It had everything to do with very poor recruitment this year down to Stubbs.

Hi moderators of the forum can you please take this post down. As I started a conversation topic not in anyway stating anything as fact and even put it was a question not a statement and I only came on here to catch up with and chat with fellow St Mirren fans and have a good laugh. I didn't come on here for name calling and abuse. It's very disappointing as this is my very first post. I'd like it down as I get email alerts 're the comments put on the post and it's getting very unfair all this name calling. People can now write on here things like I'm a baby etc and say I should get off the forum but I genuinely was looking forward to coming on here and having some good banter! After me and my family being associated with the club for many years I expected better class from fellow fans. Not school ground name calling. Many thanks in advance moderators. 

1 hour ago, billyg said:

We may have 28 players , but Premiership quality wise , the squad is threadbare.  I really fear for us between now and January if Oran can't source some experience to shore things up , all over the pitch. We have no width ,  our midfield is powder puff , in forward areas we are disjointed and at the back , we're expecting a result today with players playing out of position.  Never going to happen.

Today only underlined what a clusterf**k of a squad we currently have.

Any  confidence that I had in Stubb's signings, bar Edwards, has been completely eroded.

IMO the players that we had in the championship needed a nucleus of quality, experienced players to be brought on board to help them make the step up and perform at the top level. That didn't happen.

I hate to say it, but with this squad we're going to have to shitfest it until OK can bring in some new players in January. Remember those Gus years folks....................................

Maybe we can get OK's magician pal to hypnotise some of or squad to make them think that they're Ronaldo.

21 minutes ago, PapaMcGarry247 said:

Hi moderators of the forum can you please take this post down. As I started a conversation topic not in anyway stating anything as fact and even put it was a question not a statement and I only came on here to catch up with and chat with fellow St Mirren fans and have a good laugh. I didn't come on here for name calling and abuse. It's very disappointing as this is my very first post. I'd like it down as I get email alerts 're the comments put on the post and it's getting very unfair all this name calling. People can now write on here things like I'm a baby etc and say I should get off the forum but I genuinely was looking forward to coming on here and having some good banter! After me and my family being associated with the club for many years I expected better class from fellow fans. Not school ground name calling. Many thanks in advance moderators. 

Welcome to the Forum Bud.

Hang on in there, it's not bad in here after a while.

Dinnae let some dudes get to you.

To stop email alerts . CLICK ON YOUR NAME at top of page

Click on ACCOUNT SETTINGS

Then find NOTIFICATIONS and you can sort it all from there.

Take it on the chin, we all get it give it back & come back for more. Hope it’s s wee lesson learned by you plus it was a silly thread bringing Gus into it, you knew what you were doing. [emoji6]

Hi all.
Nothing to do with Gus,..................Yet? [emoji12]

After a nice curry with the better half. I've  read over the posts and the ones giving genuine criticisms not just name  calling I agree now it was a silly post to write but just something that came to mind as my first post. If I had my time again I certainly wouldn't have written it. I sincerely wasn't looking for any sort of reaction it was just a general question next time brain first then typing. It won't deter me on coming back it's just come as a shock certain people's over reactions and to straight away after just one post call me those things. 

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

To be honest he’s being nice calling you a joke

Your a complete f**king arsehole imo

That out there had f**k all to do with gus mcpherson.

It had everything to do with very poor recruitment this year down to Stubbs.

Oh dear

2 minutes ago, PapaMcGarry247 said:

After a nice curry with the better half. I've  read over the posts and the ones giving genuine criticisms not just name  calling I agree now it was a silly post to write but just something that came to mind as my first post. If I had my time again I certainly wouldn't have written it. I sincerely wasn't looking for any sort of reaction it was just a general question next time brain first then typing. It won't deter me on coming back it's just come as a shock certain people's over reactions and to straight away after just one post call me those things. 

There is an element which seem to think it is smart to put others down rathe than put forward alternative ideas. Keep posting.  New blood is always welcome.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

There is an element which seem to think it is smart to put others down rathe than put forward alternative ideas. Keep posting.  New blood is always welcome.

Correct.

He will learn to skim past the Boring, Bland & Abusers.

It’s the B&WA way.....be aware [emoji12]

1 hour ago, PapaMcGarry247 said:

There are 8 thousand people on this forum apparently. 2 of them called you names. I think you are over reacting a bit.