The Gus Macpherson effect??

As anyone who just watched Kilmarnock beat 11 man Celtic will now realise, us holding on to draw 0-0 with them last week when they had 10 men really wasn’t very impressive.

They were very much there for the taking but we shat it and sat in for a point. Killie showed today what we should have done.

Last week wasn’t a new dawn at all.

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

As anyone who just watched Kilmarnock beat 11 man Celtic will now realise, us holding on to draw 0-0 with them last week when they had 10 men really wasn’t very impressive.

They were very much there for the taking but we shat it and sat in for a point. Killie showed today what we should have done.

Last week wasn’t a new dawn at all.

Can't all together agree. We could (should) have been 2 up in the first half. Did we sit too deep in the second half..possibly. 

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Quick game, or did you just make that up about the golf as well?

If you're going to try to have a go, make sure your spelling is up to scratch. :lol:

Away and swot up, you're the captain of the quiz team. :1eye

Unlike you i am not a virtual supporter or am i a virtual golfer. Beautiful out there today...Took a total c to point out i had missed a c. Ironic :lol:

16 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Unlike you i am not a virtual supporter or am i a virtual golfer. Beautiful out there today...Took a total c to point out i had missed a c. Ironic :lol:

F Man might be a hologram.  Red Dwarf lives. Virtual reality.  Life lived on the edge.... Of an armchair.  Not for me.  Live games,  Live Golf,  Live Theatre. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Hi moderators of the forum can you please take this post down. As I started a conversation topic not in anyway stating anything as fact and even put it was a question not a statement and I only came on here to catch up with and chat with fellow St Mirren fans and have a good laugh. I didn't come on here for name calling and abuse. It's very disappointing as this is my very first post. I'd like it down as I get email alerts 're the comments put on the post and it's getting very unfair all this name calling. People can now write on here things like I'm a baby etc and say I should get off the forum but I genuinely was looking forward to coming on here and having some good banter! After me and my family being associated with the club for many years I expected better class from fellow fans. Not school ground name calling. Many thanks in advance moderators. 

This is shocking behaviour. This guy comes on and posts and certain individuals give him abuse.

This is shocking behaviour. This guy comes on and posts and certain individuals give him abuse.

The only thing shocking is his post.

If your man enough to post rubbish like that blaming a guy that’s just in the door when it’s got bugger all to do with him then be man enough to take shite back as he already said in his post he knew what was coming it’s nothing more than trolling.

As other have said what’s the gus affect being successful and being an established premiership side.

Goes without saying Saturday's result/performance had fck all to do with Gus. We're going to struggle this season, deffo be in the relegation mix and it's entirely possible we'll go straight back down. None of this is the fault of either Gus or OK - fault lies 100% with Stubbs and his abject transfer window.

Reminds me of when Alex Rae put together the shambles of a side that was going to get us relegated only for JR to work his magic. Fingers crossed OK can do something similar.

With apologies for straying back on topic  :rolleyes:

The only thing shocking is his post.

If your man enough to post rubbish like that blaming a guy that’s just in the door when it’s got bugger all to do with him then be man enough to take shite back as he already said in his post he knew what was coming it’s nothing more than trolling.

As other have said what’s the gus affect being successful and being an established premiership side.

He was asking a question. If that what he believes and if you disagree with it then there is no need for the guy to take abuse for it.

This sort of abuse is driving people away from the forum and to receive abuse from your fellow St Mirren supporters is sad IMO.

1 hour ago, Dave The Buddie said:

He was asking a question. If that what he believes and if you disagree with it then there is no need for the guy to take abuse for it.

This sort of abuse is driving people away from the forum and to receive abuse from your fellow St Mirren supporters is sad IMO.

Thats a very true comment but also highly selective.

But I agree its pretty much the norm on here............ and I also agree that Banter can stretch to abuse..............

But it was a stupid post and very poorly timed  , people on forums are allowed opinions but a degree of common sense to debate is the key..............

2 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

People are leaving the forum largely because they have found a shiny new toy called Twitter which they think better matches their needs.

This isn't unique to just this forum. Plenty of other forums are seeing their usage drop through the floor. The official Saints forum is virtually dead now and there is no abuse on that whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

People are leaving the forum largely because they have found a shiny new toy called Twitter which they think better matches their needs.

This isn't unique to just this forum. Plenty of other forums are seeing their usage drop through the floor. The official Saints forum is virtually dead now and there is no abuse on that whatsoever.

Well said, ya fud. 

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

True Oaky.  Especially those who already use those platforms already.... Mainly, but not exclusively, younger folks.  Leaves us Grumpy Old Yins on here. 

• 3 years later...