Our Golden Era 1977-1987

St.Ricky

On 9/24/2018 at 1:17 AM, pozbaird said:

It truly was a golden era. No internet. Ergo - no complete shite posted on it.

A brilliant time yes but for me and many far flung buds sadly also as you say a time before internet so dark days way down here where news was only seeing the scores and the league tables in the local rags hard but good times so wish I could have shared

14 hours ago, south_seas_saint said:

A brilliant time yes but for me and many far flung buds sadly also as you say a time before internet so dark days way down here where news was only seeing the scores and the league tables in the local rags hard but good times so wish I could have shared

SSS.  Those of us around who were able to follow and watch the team during that period were thoroughly spoiled. We definitely had the feeling that we could match any Team on  our day.  

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

SSS.  Those of us around who were able to follow and watch the team during that period were thoroughly spoiled. We definitely had the feeling that we could match any Team on  our day.  

Yep feel robbed of whats obviously been one of if not the our best period in our history:rolleyes:.......the best period I had was the Alex Wright reign then family moved here in 69 and we had been doing ok in the first 11 games then it slowly started to turn bad and by the time I was in NZ Feb 69 it turned to custard.....

So I'm finally gonae accept responsibility and blame me for the decline in not being there:(:boo2:

Took nearly a decade to come right and what a time that was for you all to bask in.:headbang

The best I've been able to see was the League cup win via feed but don't think anyone could say that tops that brilliant period in our history