Firsts

20 hours ago, jaybee said:

The Polis  :P

Former Police Chief Constable back in the 1930's, I think,   was quoted as saying that he had "The Biggest Gang" in Scotland.

He was referring to the large gangs in Glasgow one of which was led by Billy Fullerton ( He of the Billy Boys Song). 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Former Police Chief Constable back in the 1930's, I think,   was quoted as saying that he had "The Biggest Gang" in Scotland.

He was referring to the large gangs in Glasgow one of which was led by Billy Fullerton ( He of the Billy Boys Song). 

I always just assumed that the “Billy” Boys was just derived from William of Orange. Every day is a school day as they say. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I always just assumed that the “Billy” Boys was just derived from William of Orange. Every day is a school day as they say. 

Big gang. Big rivals were the Norman Conks.  Read more on Billy Fullerton if you must/want on Glasgow Live.  Just Google Billy Fullerton. Sectarianism at its worst.  My mother was born and brought up in Duke Street and told me about these when I was growing up.

Edited by St.Ricky