Ban Hamilton, their crap pitch, or both.

Kemp

Jack Baird, Hayden Coulson, Stephen McGinn, and Kyle Magennis all now out injured after playing (or just warming up) on that ridiculous pitch.

Difficult to believe we have been promoted to find worse facilities in the top league!

It is a complete nonsense to have pitches like that in top-flight professional football when so many players can't play on them and those that do seem to be at a considerably higher risk of injury.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Jack Baird, Hayden Coulson, Stephen McGinn, and Kyle Magennis all now out injured after playing (or just warming up) on that ridiculous pitch.

Difficult to believe we have been promoted to find worse facilities in the top league!

It is a complete nonsense to have pitches like that in top-flight professional football when so many players can't play on them and those that do seem to be at a considerably higher risk of injury.

Players are pretty pish on grass also.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Coulson injured as a result of a late challenge,  McGinn was carrying an injury and Magennis was injured in training. You can only really say Baird was possibly injured as a result of the pitch. 

I do agree that these pitches should be banned though. 

Totally agree, professional football shouldn't be played on an artificial surface, if it is then it needs to be of superior quality to that of Hamilton's. Every time you see highlights from their ground the surface has always looked terrible. As for injuries they can happen at any time on any surface but are probable highlighted more on artificial surfaces as it tends to be more ligament damage on them.

Do Hamilton rent their pitch out at night time? i.e 7 a sides etc, if so this would probably explain the state of their pitch

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Overdue a rest?

The playing surface at Hamilton is a disgrace. Seemingly the pitch at Livingston is even worse. Call me cynical but I suspect these clubs are all too aware of the impact that these abysmal artificial surfaces can have on opposition players who aren't used to them.

Shite clubs looking for any advantage they can gain. I lost count of how often the ball stuck on that pitch on Saturday, and the number of wayward bounces. Players also slip and stumble, and it makes a mockery top level football that they are permitted in Scotland.

Another classic SFA cock up.....

Remember 1999 we were given 6 months to be all seated or be denied promotion. Falkirk were then denied promotion for same reason, and despite most clubs protesting against crappy 3G , 4G pitches we now have 3 ( 25%) of our top league without the need for a groundsman......

Simple- Entry to top League

• All seater stadia
  • Grass Pitch
  • Min  7000
  • Not in ever allowed in  Greenock 
  • Deduct 30 points now from Livi Accies and Killie

Sorted 

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

As much as I hate plastic pitches, it doesn't seem to stop teams that have them signing good players as well as having no more injuries than those that play on grass. Maybe players like ours need more advice on what footwear to wear before playing on those surfaces.

10 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Where are all the injured Accies players if playing on them is so risky ? 

I suspect it is as much about knowing how to play on these pitches as anything else, hence my suggestion that they present an advantage to the home team (I can't see how it would be otherwise).

There will be less chance of injury if you know how to approach playing on the surface. Bottom line is that it ruins the game regardless.

Just now, Drew said:

I suspect it is as much about knowing how to play on these pitches as anything else, hence my suggestion that they present an advantage to the home team (I can't see how it would be otherwise).

There will be less chance of injury if you know how to approach playing on the surface. Bottom line is that it ruins the game regardless.

I agree it does ruins the game but if they are here for good, surely we should play more practice games on them.

45 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Where are all the injured Accies players if playing on them is so risky ? 

Would be an interesting statistic if we could have the injuries sustained but I honestly think they would not be wanting to have those stats bandied about.

It's no surprise there are a lot of players that can't play on plastic, they are shit pitches and we should not be asking players to use them in the top league IMHO.

5 hours ago, chalky1 said:

Totally agree, professional football shouldn't be played on an artificial surface, if it is then it needs to be of superior quality to that of Hamilton's. Every time you see highlights from their ground the surface has always looked terrible. As for injuries they can happen at any time on any surface but are probable highlighted more on artificial surfaces as it tends to be more ligament damage on them.

Do Hamilton rent their pitch out at night time? i.e 7 a sides etc, if so this would probably explain the state of their pitch

That pitch we played on at the weekend was only just laid in the summer. It’s nearly brand new!

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I was there on Saturday but missed the Hearts game a few weeks ago. They have laid a Hybrid Pitch. What was that like?

Looked fine to me, but we still lost by the same margin. 

We did well enough on the artificial surface in Dumfries over the last few seasons,  with no injuries that I can remember.  

I don't like these pitches,  but we lost on Saturday cause we were pish after they scored. Simple.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Looked fine to me, but we still lost by the same margin. 

We did well enough on the artificial surface in Dumfries over the last few seasons,  with no injuries that I can remember.  

I don't like these pitches,  but we lost on Saturday cause we were pish after they scored. Simple.

No disagreement from me Munoz.  Hamilton were better than us on Saturday.  We seemed to capitulate once they scored.