Ban Hamilton, their crap pitch, or both.

Kemp

17 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Would be an interesting statistic if we could have the injuries sustained but I honestly think they would not be wanting to have those stats bandied about.

It's no surprise there are a lot of players that can't play on plastic, they are shit pitches and we should not be asking players to use them in the top league IMHO.

Surely players wouldn't sign for clubs with the plastic pitches if they thought they would get injured a lot more.  :huh:

Gerrard had plenty to say about Killie pitch earlier in the season so f knows what he will think of Livy since it is a lot worst.

Like you I hate them but somehow I don't see them going away.

9 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Surely players wouldn't sign for clubs with the plastic pitches if they thought they would get injured a lot more.  :huh:

Gerrard had plenty to say about Killie pitch earlier in the season so f knows what he will think of Livy since it is a lot worst.

Like you I hate them but somehow I don't see them going away.

Back to Hybrid pitches. Might they be the way forward?

I think Hearts and Celtic have laid one of these as has Murrayfield.

5 minutes ago, renfrew said:

It won't matter to us. We're easy beaten on grass, hybrid or plastic emoji107.png

Would hybrid provide a safe playing surface that mirrored that of grass but allowed for the pitch to be used more often? By the way, I prefer grass and think our groundsman does a great job.  As for winning matches, that's going to happen more infrequently at this level. We best get used to that. It's as DJ says..last season was a very enjoyable blip.

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, DougJamie said:
We won 31 matches last year in all comps- as in up to May 2018 which is why we are having this debate in the Premiership ................ short memory syndrome  

What has last season got to do with the pitches we are playing on this season ?

When did you quote this season ?

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

These teams have the SFA wrapped around their fingers and are using their woeful surfaces to their advantage.

The football is rank, opposition players used to training on natural ground get injured frequently, but they win games and thrive in the top league.

It boils my blood to think of the hoops ourselves and Falkirk (for example) had to jump through in order to get promotion regarding stadia, then there was the Gretna debacle... and now we’re in 2018 watching our ‘elite’ playing on what is effectively boys club level surfaces.

Oh and whilst we’re on the topic, anything less than 4 stands is absolutely awful too.

11 hours ago, munoz said:

Coulson injured as a result of a late challenge,  McGinn was carrying an injury and Magennis was injured in training. You can only really say Baird was possibly injured as a result of the pitch. 

I do agree that these pitches should be banned though. 

So its settled, boot the f**kers down to League 2.

Some pretty desperate clutching of straws here.

Not one of our injuries this week can be said to be categorically down to the pitch.

Like others have said, plenty of teams play on this every week, Someone needs to demonstrate that those teams see significant extra injuries over other teams which can be directly be attributable to the pitch.

All this whining about the pitch is because people just dont like them.

18 hours ago, munoz said:

Hearts pitch cost nearly £1M and Hamilton's £750K according to reports. 

I'd like to know more about the costs for clubs.

How long will these pitches last before needing re-done?

And how much does it cost clubs like ourselves to maintain our pitch, have undersoil heating (implementation cost plus powering costs) and relay the pitch when the time comes?

All in all, who comes out of it better financially, clubs with grass  or artificial?

As for the pitches themselves, if it's in the rules then fair enough. It's your home ground, if you can find little advantages take it. The injury records for these clubs aren't excessive, but anytime someone gets hurt on them from opposition it's always seems to be the pitch, never just bad luck, poor challenge etc.

53 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I'd like to know more about the costs for clubs.

How long will these pitches last before needing re-done?

And how much does it cost clubs like ourselves to maintain our pitch, have undersoil heating (implementation cost plus powering costs) and relay the pitch when the time comes?

All in all, who comes out of it better financially, clubs with grass  or artificial?

As for the pitches themselves, if it's in the rules then fair enough. It's your home ground, if you can find little advantages take it. The injury records for these clubs aren't excessive, but anytime someone gets hurt on them from opposition it's always seems to be the pitch, never just bad luck, poor challenge etc.

The potential for injuries is one issue, but, for me, the extent to which the surface actually influences the game is sufficient reason in itself to prohibit the use of these artificial pitches.

I found it pretty infuriating watching the game on Saturday, and felt as though I was being conned. That's enough about the St Mirren team, however, back to the pitch....

Nah, I think these pitches are f**king awful, and would rather watch fitba played at a local cooncil playing field, even with the players having to dodge the broken glass and dug shite.

FIFA don't really help as I understand they allow some countries to participate in qualifying competitions by playing on artificial pitches.      :huh:

They should be banned at the top level of the game in all leagues and never allowed at International or European levels in any competition and if countries or clubs only have artificial pitches available, then they should be asked to play away from home and keep a level playing field. :whistle