ARE WE READY FOR A SCRAP

Ive been watching the team all season and how they didn't perform well under stubbs(a team of push overs) to oran Kearney's first game against Celtic i thought what a difference a game make we played sensational against Celtic.  fast forward  8 days and bang Hamilton the team looked like stubbs was back in the dug out. Are we a team who turns up for the big occasion and backs away from the battle hardened relegation teams like Hamilton.  we need to harden up and fast and all  the players need to turn up for a fight. Scrap for every ball. Power through every defence. 

What we are presently is a team that needs to score first. I'm probably in a minority but going by TV I didn't feel we were that bad until we went behind. We don't have a genuine scoring threat at this level and this hurts us with teams being able to ignore our forwards to an extent, a trait that is exacerbated if/when they score, there was no belief that we could turn the game around and that led to acceptance that defeat was inevitable and the lacklustre performance in the second half which I couldn't watch till the end.

A "Crazy Gang" attitude like Hamilton & Livi have would help but it won't solve the problem. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

21 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

This is a really good call, cause what we are actually saying here, is , can we be a Livi............... we will have to be, cause we cant live with any team in this league on football ability

We need to score goals then we will see a different side to us. 

What we are presently is a team that needs to score first. I'm probably in a minority but going by TV I didn't feel we were that bad until we went behind. We don't have a genuine scoring threat at this level and this hurts us with teams being able to ignore our forwards to an extent, a trait that is exacerbated if/when they score, there was no belief that we could turn the game around and that led to acceptance that defeat was inevitable and the lacklustre performance in the second half which I couldn't watch till the end.

A "Crazy Gang" attitude like Hamilton & Livi have would help but it won't solve the problem. 
We were good up until they scored. Flynn and Cammy Smith were linking up well.

Problem was we didn't really look like scoring and as soon as they scored we capitulated.

The capitulation isn't a new thing to this team as we saw it a few times last season too.

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We need to score goals then we will see a different side to us. 

How many goals though IOBS

Bar Celtic we are average losing 3 a game, prob is our defence and non existent mid field. Suddely the Celtic game with 10 behind the ball against 10 of them is not looking so great

Unlikely it may seem to some, but, I don’t think for a minute we will be ‘scrapping’ for survival.

We will get going soon enough & have a respectable season.

Oddly enough, just 2 more points picked up & I doubt threads like this would have appeared so early.

The proverbial ‘if’ we’d drawn against Livingston & Hamilton, obviously we didn’t, but had we of drawn ? Perhaps people would think differently, alas we didn’t but it doesn’t change my outlook on this season.

We ‘accepted’ we’d lose more than we won this season, doesn’t necessarily follow we will be relegated.

Unlikely it may seem to some, but, I don’t think for a minute we will be ‘scrapping’ for survival.

Oddly enough, just 2 more points picked up & I doubt threads like this would have appeared so early.

The proverbial ‘if’ we’d drawn against Livingston & Hamilton, obviously we didn’t, but had we of drawn ? Perhaps people would think differently, alas we didn’t but it doesn’t change my outlook on this season.

We ‘accepted’ we’d lose more than we won this season, doesn’t necessarily follow we will be relegated.

Unfortunately, not only did we not win the games mentioned, we simply did not compete and these are the games that we really need to pick up points in .

My fear is that by the time January comes we could find ourself in a two way scrap with Dundee

5 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Mate, I am an eternal optimist ..... Instead of drawing with 2 of the "weakest teams on papaer " we lost 5-0 ..... what this season has shown so far , and I state so far - is that we are out of our depth....

Dundee game- we easily could have been 2-1, 3-1 down, ok we also had chances but it wasnt exactly convincing

10 man Sevco and 10 Man Celtic- we didnt lay a glove on them 2 nd Halves

Hearts and Livi- lets be honest. 4-1 , 2-0 was kind to us............. both games over as a contest, and of course another thrashing at Dons....

If you look at Livi, they stay in games, or they scrap.........

Our next 2 games are Hibs and Dons......................... I really want to see us stay in games................ if we can get any points great but lets not be 2-0 at HT and game over.... after that we have Well, Fakes , Killie................... we need to make a mark ..................  

I am really hoping that loads is being done behind the scenes to give us some structure. The injury list is not helping, but as per the tite of this thread.... I at least expect 100% from every player

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate, I am an eternal optimist ..... Instead of drawing with 2 of the "weakest teams on papaer " we lost 5-0 ..... what this season has shown so far , and I state so far - is that we are out of our depth....

Dundee game- we easily could have been 2-1, 3-1 down, ok we also had chances but it wasnt exactly convincing

Hearts and Livi- lets be honest. 4-1 , 2-0 was kind to us............. both games over as a contest, and of course another thrashing at Dons....

Our next 2 games are Hibs and Dons......................... I really want to see us stay in games................ if we can get any points great but lets not be 2-0 at HT and game over.... after that we have Well, Fakes , Killie................... we need to make a mark ..................  

I am really hoping that loads is being done behind the scenes to give us some structure. The injury list is not helping, but as per the tite of this thread.... I at least expect 100% from every player

Tough season ahead.  Was never likely to have been otherwise.  Reasons.. 1. Step up in the class of the opposition. 2. Other teams have bigger budgets (Livvy apart).  3. The timing and drawn-out nature of Jack Ross Leaving. 4 Consequent delay in  New manager appointment.5. Delay in entering the transfer market.  6. Signings of inexperienced players.  7. Injuries to experienced players. 8. Signing of new manager.  Time to reboot and move on.  This season and next will be cruicial to the club.  Note: The McGinn Money needs to be used wisely. 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

How many goals though IOBS

Bar Celtic we are average losing 3 a game, prob is our defence and non existent mid field. Suddely the Celtic game with 10 behind the ball against 10 of them is not looking so great

It was obvious under some previous managers that the inability to score boosted the confidence of our opposition and also left them the option to adopt a different game plan against us.  Simply the notion that they could be hurt by our strikers should be enough to buy us a little bit of leeway.  Being able to go one up and then defend solidly or being effective on the break will change the apporach of the opposition.

A toothless front line is the biggest handicap to any team

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Tough season ahead.  Was never likely to have been otherwise.  Reasons.. 1. Step up in the class of the opposition. 2. Other teams have bigger budgets (Livvy apart).  3. The timing and drawn-out nature of Jack Ross Leaving. 4 Consequent delay in  New manager appointment.5. Delay in entering the transfer market.  6. Signings of inexperienced players.  7. Injuries to experienced players. 8. Signing of new manager.  Time to reboot and move on.  This season and next will be cruicial to the club.  Note: The McGinn Money needs to be used wisely. 

Still think Jack leaving was the main reason for our demise. Eye was off ball when we recruited Stubbs................. but hey its still only September and we have 96 points to play for :P

47 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Weakest ? Have you looked where Livie are in the league and their results , they could be top six.  If we were not brining players in to check out I would be worried it tells us management know we are weak and trying to do something about it. 

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Weakest ? Have you looked where Livie are in the league and their results , they could be top six.  If we were not brining players in to check out I would be worried it tells us management know we are weak and trying to do something about it. 

Weakest Teams on paper was what i said ................. did you read my post :whistle

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We don't create chances. No strikers will score with the current supply.

P McGinn puts in a good cross. S McGinn lays off some brilliant passes. Hodson is not bad with a cross ether. We lose a goal the tools for some reason get laid down that is a huge part of the problem and needs fixed sooner rather than later. If Jackson signd that would be a big help up front. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Much to be said in favour of most of the posts on this topic.  We do need to be realistic. We are not miles away points wise from the teams immediately above us.  We do need to scrap and we do need a better supply to the strikers.  Jack leaving as and when he did didn't allow plans already made to be followed through and we are on our second manager since June. Still no need for doom and gloom but certainly time for a reality check. COYS