Injuries

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

This.

if you add the sale of Morgan to that we are talking circa £2million... yes £2million! 

And having only paid £75k for Heaton, and apparently made a profit on R. stewart going to Ross county where the feck has £2million gone?

I knew I forgot someone.

17 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Wrong thread for this chat.

However, if rumours are right on the rendering process for offices, that may explain.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it. 

I'm not convinced it is the right investment but at least if there's money available then it would suggest that we've not blown it all. 

I wonder which version of events is true.  

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

First of all think those that appointed Stubbs never done their homework and have to take responsibility .

That said I thought the idea of going for lower league players was a good one , but looking at Falkirk , Dundee and ourselves that doesn't seem to be the case , Some agent must have made a fortune fixing up deals for duds .

OK seems a great appointment , and the signings of Ferdinand Hammell and Jackson have been excellent , when these guys get match fit , and Magennis Eckersley and McKenzie are available for selection , I think we could rise to the top of the diddy league .

With regards to Jack Baird , he,s benefitted massively from having big Anton next to him , hope the big man's not too badly injured.

100% correct. That was exactly the problem with the Stubbs appointment and the board have to take responsibility for it. I think on the plus side they acted really quickly and did the right thing, so for that they deserve praise.

Edited by lenziebud

33 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

100% correct. That was exactly the problem with the Stubbs appointment and the board have to take responsibility for it. I think on the plus side they acted really quickly and did the right thing, so for that they deserve praise.

Any manager is a gamble though Stubbs signings would prove a disaster in the most part.  I see Oran has a boxing trainer in this week to help the players toughen up a bit more. 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

It's not gone.  

But best not to shout about having lots to spend. 

Would only result in us paying more than we need to for players. 

How much are we saving having sent Bock-M and Coulson back? (Surely got to be well over a grand a week)   Once KP joins them, and Cooke, King and whoever else, that will also help the budget significantly. 

It is hard to believe that we were paying someone on our staff, who was also an agent who brought people in whom he had links with - that is not sound business practice - do hope it is not true..

If it is - it is a sore and expensive learning point which must never ever happen again...

Injuries - is the topic though...

Come on Magennis, come back flying, fit and firing in goals and assists!!! Eckers fit will add to our cover too - hope he's in peek condition when he returns

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Any manager is a gamble though Stubbs signings would prove a disaster in the most part.  I see Oran has a boxing trainer in this week to help the players toughen up a bit more. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17002648.baird-hopes-boxing-will-help-st-mirren-put-opponents-on-the-ropes/

36 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

How much are we saving having sent Bock-M and Coulson back? (Surely got to be well over a grand a week)   Once KP joins them, and Cooke, King and whoever else, that will also help the budget significantly. 

It is hard to believe that we were paying someone on our staff, who was also an agent who brought people in whom he had links with - that is not sound business practice - do hope it is not true..

If it is - it is a sore and expensive learning point which must never ever happen again...

Injuries - is the topic though...

Come on Magennis, come back flying, fit and firing in goals and assists!!! Eckers fit will add to our cover too - hope he's in peek condition when he returns

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/extra-training-sessions-order-day-13466477

Indeed.
Hopefully that's not the only inaccuracy regarding the info.

That would match my info. Was on full training last week. As regards heaton another source from down south claims he would have been sold for 10k no problem and said he was at least a year away from featuring in first teams at our level. Makes you wonder

8 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

That would match my info. Was on full training last week. As regards heaton another source from down south claims he would have been sold for 10k no problem and said he was at least a year away from featuring in first teams at our level. Makes you wonder

We need to bring in the Chairman of Cardiff to take legal action against Stubbs and Jackson to recover the fee :thumbs2

17 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Didn't think young Jack Baird needed any. :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

First of all think those that appointed Stubbs never done their homework and have to take responsibility .

That said I thought the idea of going for lower league players was a good one , but looking at Falkirk , Dundee and ourselves that doesn't seem to be the case , Some agent must have made a fortune fixing up deals for duds .

OK seems a great appointment , and the signings of Ferdinand Hammell and Jackson have been excellent , when these guys get match fit , and Magennis Eckersley and McKenzie are available for selection , I think we could rise to the top of the diddy league .

With regards to Jack Baird , he,s benefitted massively from having big Anton next to him , hope the big man's not too badly injured.

It's all so easy to sit and point fingers now on Stubbs appointment. You can be 100% sure the board will agree it was the wrong appointment. Personally I don't see the point of noise the board have to take responsibility what do you want the board to do stand down ? They made a mistake it's been admitted by the sacking within a short time scale Stubbs going out the door. If you have any experience of hiring you will know someone can be very impressive at an interview then not come up to standard it's called talk the talk. Rather than looking back we need to look forward which thankfully they are doing with In's and out's.  

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's all so easy to sit and point fingers now on Stubbs appointment. You can be 100% sure the board will agree it was the wrong appointment. Personally I don't see the point of noise the board have to take responsibility what do you want the board to do stand down ? They made a mistake it's been admitted by the sacking within a short time scale Stubbs going out the door. If you have any experience of hiring you will know someone can be very impressive at an interview then not come up to standard it's called talk the talk. Rather than looking back we need to look forward which thankfully they are doing with In's and out's.  

The board had all the relevant information on Stubbs right in front of them and still went ahead telling us he was the best thing since sliced bread, then sanctioning, and carrying out his transfer targets. Its on them, they wasted a fortune, now they want money to replace feckin hand dryers!

on a different note, i think yet again quite a few posters are looking at things with rose, or ginger? Tinted glasses regarding Eckersley, and his rehab. At best, in a league where we were up against the might of Brechin etc he was average when he was fit. To somehow think a 33 year old, coming back from serious injury who wasnt all that before is going to solve all our defensive problems is pie in the sky.

if he ever gets a start again in a first team league game he will be lucky imo, as i have said before, i think he has already played his last first team league match for us. Does anyone actually think he is better than Hodson or P McGinn for starters?

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The board had all the relevant information on Stubbs right in front of them and still went ahead telling us he was the best thing since sliced bread, then sanctioning, and carrying out his transfer targets. Its on them, they wasted a fortune, now they want money to replace feckin hand dryers!

on a different note, i think yet again quite a few posters are looking at things with rose, or ginger? Tinted glasses regarding Eckersley, and his rehab. At best, in a league where we were up against the might of Brechin etc he was average when he was fit. To somehow think a 33 year old, coming back from serious injury who wasnt all that before is going to solve all our defensive problems is pie in the sky.

if he ever gets a start again in a first team league game he will be lucky imo, as i have said before, i think he has already played his last first team league match for us. Does anyone actually think he is better than Hodson or P McGinn for starters?

Here fishy fishy. 

Last sentence . Yes , I think Eckersly is a better left back than Hodson. Can’t recall ever seeing McGinn as a left back so difficult to say .

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Last sentence . Yes , I think Eckersly is a better left back than Hodson. Can’t recall ever seeing McGinn as a left back so difficult to say .

Well that wasnt the question, but hey-ho, its still wrong as Hodson is playing in that position in the top league, and doing better than Eckersley did in his limited appearances against Brechin, Falkirk etc... in the league below.

57 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Well that wasnt the question, but hey-ho, its still wrong as Hodson is playing in that position in the top league, and doing better than Eckersley did in his limited appearances against Brechin, Falkirk etc... in the league below.

I think Eckers and Hodson are different kinds of players - both with strengths and weaknesses. (Eckers is better in the air, especially in the box. Hodson is  better going forwards etc.)

I think Hodson is better overall when he plays well.

I think having Eckers fit though adds strength to our squad. If Hodson or McGinn are injured or suspended and also as a back up at Centre Back too etc.

He is not a long term solution, but one for this season surely?

I know some will blame the board but their only mistake was appointing Stubbs in the first place. After that, they did what you'd expect and backed his judgement. Pity his judgement was shite. 
I like Oran, he will sort out the mess given time. I wonder how different it would be if he'd have got the job in the summer?
Your right. Don't think it's a quick fix. Stubbs did so much damage that it will take Oran time to sort it out. I hope we all can be patient. At the Q&A with Stubbs. I was the one who asked the first question of the night about him using St.Mirren as a V9 type experiment. Somebody on here said it was stupid question. Doesn't look so stupid now with Oran having to work with 2 squads. The 2nd squad is full players like Cooke. King. Etc. There simply not good enough at this level. But how much will it cost to get rid of them in Jan. Who knows? Coys.

Well you’re question is ludicrous then. You started talking about Eckersley who is a left back. Comparing players who play two different positions is bad enough but judging Eckersley against premier players when you haven’t seen what he can do in that situation is just plain silly .

As for Hodson playing better. ? I don’t agree, I think Hodson played out of position is a real weak link in an already struggling team and opponents are exploiting that .

40 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
On 10/23/2018 at 10:23 PM, Hendo said:
I know some will blame the board but their only mistake was appointing Stubbs in the first place. After that, they did what you'd expect and backed his judgement. Pity his judgement was shite. 
I like Oran, he will sort out the mess given time. I wonder how different it would be if he'd have got the job in the summer?

Your right. Don't think it's a quick fix. Stubbs did so much damage that it will take Oran time to sort it out. I hope we all can be patient. At the Q&A with Stubbs. I was the one who asked the first question of the night about him using St.Mirren as a V9 type experiment. Somebody on here said it was stupid question. Doesn't look so stupid now with Oran having to work with 2 squads. The 2nd squad is full players like Cooke. King. Etc. There simply not good enough at this level. But how much will it cost to get rid of them in Jan. Who knows? Coys.

Right on a number of counts.  Best way to move them on is to make sure they are in good physical shape.  More or less inevitable that we take a hit on a few.  

59 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

The 2nd squad is full players like Cooke. King. Etc. There simply not good enough at this level. But how much will it cost to get rid of them in Jan. Who knows? Coys.

This is one of the big problems we have right now. They've got decent contracts, but will there come a point where they'd rather be playing than just earning a wage? In which case it'll be easier to agree on mutual consent, but then how much would the settlements cost? Is there anything in their contract that allows us an early release? It's easy enough to have them off the wage bill but what we won't know is the costs. Stubbs' financial damage to us is going to take a long time to settle down.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think Eckers and Hodson are different kinds of players - both with strengths and weaknesses. (Eckers is better in the air, especially in the box. Hodson is  better going forwards etc.)

I think Hodson is better overall when he plays well.

I think having Eckers fit though adds strength to our squad. If Hodson or McGinn are injured or suspended and also as a back up at Centre Back too etc.

He is not a long term solution, but one for this season surely?

Honestly cant see him getting in the side, more likely see his contract out in the reserves if he gets and stays injury free.

34 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Well you’re question is ludicrous then. You started talking about Eckersley who is a left back. Comparing players who play two different positions is bad enough but judging Eckersley against premier players when you haven’t seen what he can do in that situation is just plain silly .

As for Hodson playing better. ? I don’t agree, I think Hodson played out of position is a real weak link in an already struggling team and opponents are exploiting that .

Lets put it another way. One of them is fit and playing in the premiership, and the other isnae!

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Your right. Don't think it's a quick fix. Stubbs did so much damage that it will take Oran time to sort it out. I hope we all can be patient. At the Q&A with Stubbs. I was the one who asked the first question of the night about him using St.Mirren as a V9 type experiment. Somebody on here said it was stupid question. Doesn't look so stupid now with Oran having to work with 2 squads. The 2nd squad is full of players like Cooke, King. Etc. There simply not good enough at this level. But how much will it cost to get rid of them in Jan. Who knows? Coys.

Re the bold, i count two V9 players in the second squad, those two are Heaton, and Cooke.

King, I believe was released by Bolton?

you may be making a wee bit more of this than actually is?