Injuries

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

We also brought in around 500K from winning the Championship. The players we have "sent packing " were loan players we returned to their clubs. We will have paid signing on fees to players and paid out one Transfer Fee. But...Our budget will be larger than last season.  Even under AS it was clearly the intention to move on 3 or 4 or more of last year's team so trimming the wages budget to allow others in. This didn't happen so we are currently carrying these wages. Few would disagree that recruitment didn't bring in the quality of player we needed and many will be moved on but not until January at the earliest. Add to this the ins and outs of compensation money for managers ...broadly neutral. My feeling is that we have splashed the cash from last season's prize money,or most of it, but not the transfer fee monies. But .. we are allowed to differ.

We start with a big financial disadvantage with most other premiership teams other than Livingston. Hamilton and Dundee got around 700k more prizemoney for being in the relegation zone all season than we got for winning the championship, and they now also get another tranche of money which we are ineligible for due to Celtic's Champions League appearances last season. We also have more players than we budgeted for on the wage bill this season too.. I think we can safely say the transfer fees received in previous seasons for McAllister, Naismith, Mallan and Morgan have largely been spent before this season arrived. We have probably had to use some of the John McGinn money to pay off Stubbs, Jackson, Brock-Madsen and Coulson, and sign Ferdinand, Jackson, Hammil and Lyness. We don't even know whether Aston Villa will have paid all the John McGinn money upfront or whether they are paying in installments over a few seasons.  We might also be having to pay a higher proportion of loan signings' wages if they are not in the starting line up most weeks.

26 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We start with a big financial disadvantage with most other premiership teams other than Livingston. Hamilton and Dundee got around 700k more prizemoney for being in the relegation zone all season than we got for winning the championship, and they now also get another tranche of money which we are ineligible for due to Celtic's Champions League appearances last season. We also have more players than we budgeted for on the wage bill this season too.. I think we can safely say the transfer fees received in previous seasons for McAllister, Naismith, Mallan and Morgan have largely been spent before this season arrived. We have probably had to use some of the John McGinn money to pay off Stubbs, Jackson, Brock-Madsen and Coulson, and sign Ferdinand, Jackson, Hammil and Lyness. We don't even know whether Aston Villa will have paid all the John McGinn money upfront or whether they are paying in installments over a few seasons.  We might also be having to pay a higher proportion of loan signings' wages if they are not in the starting line up most weeks.

I agree that both Livvy and ourselves start at a financial disadvantage in prize money and recently the share of Euro cash we miss out on. Those are the rules of the game. No complaints from me.

I also acknowledge what you write about the McGinn cash and the signings as well as compensation payments mentioned in a previous post.  

I don't think the board have been impecunious or foolish with money so I don't think we are flush but we sure ain't broke.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We start with a big financial disadvantage with most other premiership teams other than Livingston. Hamilton and Dundee got around 700k more prizemoney for being in the relegation zone all season than we got for winning the championship,

But Dundee & Hamilton budgeted for receiving that prize money and spent it accordingly LAST season. Much of it was received in instalments LAST season.

In terms of prize money, we are at no disadvantage.

Edited by Wendy Saintss

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

But Dundee & Hamilton budgeted for receiving that prize money and spent it accordingly LAST season. Much of it was received in instalments LAST season.

In terms of prize money, we are at no disadvantage.

We also had the McGinn prize money too circa £900,000 and Hamilton lost £1,000,000 in a scam, did they not? Think only Motherwell, in the bottom half made money from a significant Transfer in the last year too.

Dundee are hawked up to their eyeballs with the current squad - so they have some job to do releasing players to get in more... (I think worse so than us)

26 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

We aren't at any disadvantage! :wacko:

We are Wendy. 

On two counts. 

Firstly that clubs in the Premiership,  even those at the bottom received at least twice the prize money we did for winning the Championship. 

This has enabled them to improve their squads even if it was paid in installments

Secondly as Sonny shows in his post after yours that Last Year's Premiership teams share European Money of over 300000 each. 

We weren't in the Premiership last season so we don't get any of that. 

The bottom clubs last season therefore start at an advantage. 

We have the John McGinn money but unlikely to splash that on players. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, St.Ricky said:

We are Wendy. 

On two counts. 

Firstly that clubs in the Premiership,  even those at the bottom received at least twice the prize money we did for winning the Championship. 

Secondly as Sonny shows in his post after yours that Last Year's Premiership teams share European Money of over 300000 each. 

We weren't in the Premiership last season so we don't get any of that. 

The bottom clubs last season therefore start at an advantage. 

Those clubs received and spent that money LAST season.... as I said in my previous post!

What is so difficult to comprehend?

We aren't at any disadvantage. :wacko:

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Those clubs received and spent that money LAST season.... as I said in my previous post!

What is so difficult to comprehend?

We aren't at any disadvantage. :wacko:

Wendy

They got more than us last season. 

They were able to sign players using that budget. 

They then get at least 300000 that we don't from UEFA because of Celtics run.  We get none of that. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Those players are still there.  They know their budget this season will allow that. 

We didn't. 

Players that were had more than 1 year left on their contract, yes.

But how does that put us at a disadvantage?

We're on similar prize money this season so are able to sign players of equal value this season!

We're not at any disadvantage! :wacko:

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

It would be good to have an update on fitness before  the Dundee Game (Please forgive my impatience)

Stephen McGinn ?

Willock ?

Magennis ?

Suspect this is just a wee bit too soon for Eckers… ?

MacKenzie - back in the New Year?

Why? 

Keep Dundee guessing if we keep it quiet...

6 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Why? 

Keep Dundee guessing if we keep it quiet...

Yeah, understand that... just a fan who wants to conceive what our line up will be...

I can wait to see, but it is good to have some update on these things from time to time. If not before the Dundee game, soon..

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Players that were had more than 1 year left on their contract, yes.

But how does that put us at a disadvantage?

We're on similar prize money this season so are able to sign players of equal value this season!

We're not at any disadvantage! :wacko:

Meanwhile we are 300000 down on the others due to UEFA money distributed 2 weeks ago.

Meanwhile we are 300000 down on the others due to UEFA money distributed 2 weeks ago.

That’s not the issue I was talking about!

With regards to prize money, we are not at any disadvantage!

With regards to the UEFA money, this wasn’t available to them in the last transfer window, so again, no disadvantage!

We also had the McGinn windfall in any case.

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

That’s not the issue I was talking about!

With regards to prize money, we are not at any disadvantage!

With regards to the UEFA money, this wasn’t available to them in the last transfer window, so again, no disadvantage!

We also had the McGinn windfall in any case.

But... as I said earlier,  I was.  Also.. I don't see us spending the McGinn money on players.