Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Magennis close to fitness as is eckersley. Heaton is going to be moved on, apparently on very hefty salary. All money brought in from mcginn sell on spent and wasted on Stubbs signings and getting rid of Stubbs. Kearney been left with huge job but not messing about. Big Mackenzie back in gym

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Magennis close to fitness as is eckersley. Heaton is going to be moved on, apparently on very hefty salary. All money brought in from mcginn sell on spent and wasted on Stubbs signings and getting rid of Stubbs. Kearney been left with huge job but not messing about. Big Mackenzie back in gym

IF that is true, it’s f**king depressing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Have heard it from very reliable source within club, sadly

I know some will blame the board but their only mistake was appointing Stubbs in the first place. After that, they did what you'd expect and backed his judgement. Pity his judgement was shite. 

I like Oran, he will sort out the mess given time. I wonder how different it would be if he'd have got the job in the summer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Have heard it from very reliable source within club, sadly

Thought we’d maybe get Heaton out on loan for the second half of the season and see where he stood come the summer. At 21/22, he’s got a bit of development left to go, whereas you can’t see that with Cooke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thought we’d maybe get Heaton out on loan for the second half of the season and see where he stood come the summer. At 21/22, he’s got a bit of development left to go, whereas you can’t see that with Cooke.


Of all of Stubbs signings, I’d say this was/ is by a long way the most disappointing.
Same age as Jack Baird and while Jack is not the worlds best , on the basis of what little we’ve seen of Heaton , he is ten times the player.
Would like to see him go on loan to a championship level club, get him used to the Scottish game and see if he is cut out for it.
Seven clubs and three further loan spells by the age of 22 does not make for good reading .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Magennis close to fitness as is eckersley. Heaton is going to be moved on, apparently on very hefty salary. All money brought in from mcginn sell on spent and wasted on Stubbs signings and getting rid of Stubbs. Kearney been left with huge job but not messing about. Big Mackenzie back in gym

If that is true it suggests we were spending the McGinn sell on fee before we even knew we were getting it as Stubbs didn't buy anyone else after the McGinn fee was received.  Either that or it cost the guts of  £1m to shift them which is totally contradictory to what those claiming to be ITK said on here at the time. If true we are very much up the creek without a paddle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

 


Of all of Stubbs signings, I’d say this was/ is by a long way the most disappointing.
Same age as Jack Baird and while Jack is not the worlds best , on the basis of what little we’ve seen of Heaton , he is ten times the player.
Would like to see him go on loan to a championship level club, get him used to the Scottish game and see if he is cut out for it.
Seven clubs and three further loan spells by the age of 22 does not make for good reading .

 

I haven't seen anywhere near enough of Heaton to make any sort of judgement, but what he lacks more than anything is games. Jack made his debut for us at 18, and has been in and around our first team since not long after turning 19. He is the one who gets the least plaudits and the most criticism of all our youngsters over the last few years, and never shirks responsibility, always comes back determined to improve.

Until Heaton gets a number of games under his belt (one would be a bonus) I won't be making a judgement on his ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I haven't seen anywhere near enough of Heaton to make any sort of judgement, but what he lacks more than anything is games. Jack made his debut for us at 18, and has been in and around our first team since not long after turning 19. He is the one who gets the least plaudits and the most criticism of all our youngsters over the last few years, and never shirks responsibility, always comes back determined to improve.
Until Heaton gets a number of games under his belt (one would be a bonus) I won't be making a judgement on his ability.


I do agree to an extent but I did say “ on the basis of what little I’ve seen” of Heaton
You are correct about Jack playing regularly but I would ask the question , why wasn’t Heaton playing regular games for Colne, droylsden ,Bamber bridge , Stalybridge , Congleton and Ramsbottom United at the same age ?!

I hope he comes good, I hope he does make us some cash on sell on but given the fact that even the guy who brought him to us didn’t seem keen I’m not sure .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all think those that appointed Stubbs never done their homework and have to take responsibility .

That said I thought the idea of going for lower league players was a good one , but looking at Falkirk , Dundee and ourselves that doesn't seem to be the case , Some agent must have made a fortune fixing up deals for duds .

OK seems a great appointment , and the signings of Ferdinand Hammell and Jackson have been excellent , when these guys get match fit , and Magennis Eckersley and McKenzie are available for selection , I think we could rise to the top of the diddy league .

With regards to Jack Baird , he,s benefitted massively from having big Anton next to him , hope the big man's not too badly injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

First of all think those that appointed Stubbs never done their homework and have to take responsibility .

That said I thought the idea of going for lower league players was a good one , but looking at Falkirk , Dundee and ourselves that doesn't seem to be the case , Some agent must have made a fortune fixing up deals for duds .

OK seems a great appointment , and the signings of Ferdinand Hammell and Jackson have been excellent , when these guys get match fit , and Magennis Eckersley and McKenzie are available for selection , I think we could rise to the top of the diddy league .

With regards to Jack Baird , he,s benefitted massively from having big Anton next to him , hope the big man's not too badly injured.

Think a lot of people have an idea who that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

If that is true it suggests we were spending the McGinn sell on fee before we even knew we were getting it as Stubbs didn't buy anyone else after the McGinn fee was received.  Either that or it cost the guts of  £1m to shift them which is totally contradictory to what those claiming to be ITK said on here at the time. If true we are very much up the creek without a paddle. 

I've been worried for a while now about how we are managing finances.  

When it's come to things like SMISA being asked to pay for practice balls and a 4G pitch - without reopening those arguments - these are supposed to be business as usual expenditure for a club. They can be anticipated and come as no surprise so should be part of our budgeting. 

Our squad got bloated last season in securing promotion and the activity since the summer has been of huge concern. 

The support have been happy with the recent signings of Ferdinand, Jackson and Hammill as they've given us a glimmer of hope after the shambles of Stubbs - but nobody really knows how much money is going to these guys. That's without even mentioning how much is going to Stubbs' failures who aren't even kicking a ball. 

Big questions to be asked of the owner if we're left with nothing after the revenues from McAllister, Naismith, Mallan, Ross/Fowler and McGinn.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Maboza said:

I've been worried for a while now about how we are managing finances.  

When it's come to things like SMISA being asked to pay for practice balls and a 4G pitch - without reopening those arguments - these are supposed to be business as usual expenditure for a club. They can be anticipated and come as no surprise so should be part of our budgeting. 

Our squad got bloated last season in securing promotion and the activity since the summer has been of huge concern. 

The support have been happy with the recent signings of Ferdinand, Jackson and Hammill as they've given us a glimmer of hope after the shambles of Stubbs - but nobody really knows how much money is going to these guys. That's without even mentioning how much is going to Stubbs' failures who aren't even kicking a ball. 

Big questions to be asked of the owner if we're left with nothing after the revenues from McAllister, Naismith, Mallan, Ross/Fowler and McGinn.

 

 

 

This.

if you add the sale of Morgan to that we are talking circa £2million... yes £2million! 

And having only paid £75k for Heaton, and apparently made a profit on R. stewart going to Ross county where the feck has £2million gone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

This.

if you add the sale of Morgan to that we are talking circa £2million... yes £2million! 

And having only paid £75k for Heaton, and apparently made a profit on R. stewart going to Ross county where the feck has £2million gone?

It's not gone.  

But best not to shout about having lots to spend. 

Would only result in us paying more than we need to for players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

This.

if you add the sale of Morgan to that we are talking circa £2million... yes £2million! 

And having only paid £75k for Heaton, and apparently made a profit on R. stewart going to Ross county where the feck has £2million gone?

Wrong thread for this chat.

However, if rumours are right on the rendering process for offices, that may explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Going to guess you meant 'Tendering' process. So whats the skinny?

Haha yeah! Although, there may be a tender process for rendering too!

Only going on what’s been mentioned on here. Not in the building trade to hear any whispers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...