Aberdeen v St. Mirren 6th October 2018

Hame..................

We look simply leaderless.

Were in the game till the first goal, without really looking like scoring.

After the 1st goal, they stepped it up a bit, probably noticed have nothing to offer in any department.

Usual "game over" at half time scenario.

We looked brighter after the break but, quite simply, we are like a boys team, fall over with the slightest contact, can't tackle and need a massive bit of luck to try to lift the confidence.

They gifted us a goal, thanks for that.

Can't see where a win will come from, already praying Dundee stay shit till January. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45772261
Wonder when we will see Adam playing again? Lucky White Heather, get your Lucky White Heather here. 

That sounds like bloody awful news. Was excited about what he could bring to us, re making chances and scoring a few too. Looks like we used up all our luck last season, as we seemed avoid a lot of long term injuries. We can’t even blame a plastic pitch today.

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hame..................

We look simply leaderless.

Were in the game till the first goal, without really looking like scoring.

After the 1st goal, they stepped it up a bit, probably noticed have nothing to offer in any department.

Usual "game over" at half time scenario.

We looked brighter after the break but, quite simply, we are like a boys team, fall over with the slightest contact, can't tackle and need a massive bit of luck to try to lift the confidence.

They gifted us a goal, thanks for that.

Can't see where a win will come from, already praying Dundee stay shit till January. 

Pretty much this yes....... still think your partially to blame:wink:

As a relative noob to the rollercoaster ride (seems like Oblivion at the moment) that is supporting the Saints, a bit of perspective is in order. A lot of you seem pretty jaded, but I think it is unrealistic to expect any result from the top 6 just now.

Livvy are playing well, but the season is long, they will be back in the shit by January. I don’t think we are playing particularly badly. Just that other teams are taking their chances and have been getting the breaks. If we had done better with our free kick after their first goal it would’ve been different today. But I would say that 1 or 2 points a year is a bonus from your Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen etc. We are no where near competing with the top 6 at the moment, but we are too good for the championship as evidenced by the fact we won it last year. 

On the other hand, the Hamilton result the other week was awful. These are the games that will put us in serious danger. As long as we smash everyone around us, we will be fine.

Killie and Motherwell coming are going to be massive...

MON THE SAINTS

No surprises about that scoreline. Feel for any buddie who’s made two trips to Aberdeen this season to see the game over by half time on both occasions.

Well that’s Oran officially had a worse start than Stubbs did with the same group of players.

Under Stubbs in the league we played 4 conceded 9 scored 3 with 3 points. Under Oran played 4 conceded 8 scored 1 with 1 point.

Those green shoots of recovery I keep hearing about... em, the defence has got a wee bit better?

Pretty bleak stuff all round under both managers really. International break has probably came at a good time.

Oh, and thank goodness for Dundee!

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

No surprises about that scoreline. Feel for any buddie who’s made two trips to Aberdeen this season to see the game over by half time on both occasions.

Well that’s Oran officially had a worse start than Stubbs did with the same group of players.

Under Stubbs in the league we played 4 conceded 9 scored 3 with 3 points. Under Oran played 4 conceded 8 scored 1 with 1 point.

Those green shoots of recovery I keep hearing about... em, the defence has got a wee bit better?

Pretty bleak stuff all round under both managers really. International break has probably came at a good time.

Fair points but because you're you this will get slaughtered. :rolleyes:

Oh, thanks for the mention.  :wink:

14 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Valid points. However now its a much happier dressing room getting gubbed each week.:rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, TopCat said:

TC.  Factually you are correct. No argument there. The redeeming factor is that the bottom 4 clubs are covered within a 3 point spread.  I didn't travel up today but was at the cup game.  Again,  factually we lost 4 but managed to score this time (Jackson.. Recent signing).  Bad news about Hammill's injury as,  according to the radio,  he had been promising and we had made a decent start.  Was always going to be a tough season.  No surprise there.  Having made the change of manager,  OK,  needs to establish his stamp on the players and a belief in his way of playing. This will take time. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Bad news about Hamill, typical the way our luck is going at the moment. What has really concerned me though is how we are being out fought during games ……. we seem to be too nice and easily pushed around. Badly need an Aber / Shuggie Murray type in our midfield.

50 minutes ago, Dare said:

Bad news about Hamill, typical the way our luck is going at the moment. What has really concerned me though is how we are being out fought during games ……. we seem to be too nice and easily pushed around. Badly need an Aber / Shuggie Murray type in our midfield.

Or "dare" I say it... A Shinnie

13 hours ago, Dare said:

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Are you settled down with Buddievision and a bacon roll now? Better stick a tottie scone in there too, it might makke the whole experience more fulfilling..?

Settled down in front of the laptop with my Bacon Roll and black coffee for my usual Sunday Morning read of the match day thread and it was  same pish, different Sunday.

Thinking of the Match itself, It was  same Pish, Different Saturday. 

Still apart from the result it was a good day out and the Aberdeen Fans looked after us well in the Pittodrie Bar.

Looking forward to next week.

Feck! its the international break . No Saints Game. It will be a Pish Saturday.

Maybe It's better going every week to see us get humped than not going at all.    

I think there maybe something wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!  It must have been watching Children's TV in the 60's that caused it.

ITS BETTER TO HAVE FOUGHT AND LOST THAN NOT HAVE FOUGHT AT ALL.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, Dirty Sanchez said:

It was Brian Irvine saying 4-0 or 4-1 on the TV.

He sounds as vacant as he looks. A real heavyweight intellect.  :1eye

I might be interested in his betting tips, going forward, though.  :whistle

Sounded like Miller , maybe too many knocks to the noggin have slowed him down to Millers talking speed ? I stand corrected:P

Edited by linwood buddie

33 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

2 wins  from the last  36 visits to pittodrie.

Indeed, this is an Aberdeen team who had scored just 5 goals in their previous 7 games. 

This wasn't just a gubbing, it was the manner in which we lost, no leader, no fight, no idea. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, this is an Aberdeen team who had scored just 5 goals in their previous 7 games. 

This wasn't just a gubbing, it was the manner in which we lost, no leader, no fight, no idea. 

More "fans" at home games would boost our budget and ability to come compete for players. 

Footnote: Hospitality Guests contribute zilch whatever ground they are at. 

More "fans" at home games would boost our budget and ability to come compete for players. 
Footnote: Hospitality Guests contribute zilch whatever ground they are at. 

Don't agree with that. I know you think you are in the middle of a point scoring battle with FS but at hospitality you can spend money that goes to the club.

Last time I was there I bought a fancy saints tie, bought a whole load of raffle tickets and entered competitions on when the first goal would be scored.

I think that money was going into the club and not just my hosts pocket. Though tbf if it was going into his pocket the fair play he'd bought me lunch and lager all afternoon [emoji23]