Aberdeen v St. Mirren 6th October 2018

40 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Don't agree with that. I know you think you are in the middle of a point scoring battle with FS but at hospitality you can spend money that goes to the club.

Last time I was there I bought a fancy saints tie, bought a whole load of raffle tickets and entered competitions on when the first goal would be scored.

I think that money was going into the club and not just my hosts pocket. Though tbf if it was going into his pocket the fair play he'd bought me lunch and lager all afternoon emoji23.png

At Aberdeen? And it went to support Saints?  

That's a neat trick. 

50 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Don't agree with that. I know you think you are in the middle of a point scoring battle with FS but at hospitality you can spend money that goes to the club.

Last time I was there I bought a fancy saints tie, bought a whole load of raffle tickets and entered competitions on when the first goal would be scored.

I think that money was going into the club and not just my hosts pocket. Though tbf if it was going into his pocket the fair play he'd bought me lunch and lager all afternoon emoji23.png

PRicky can't read, he thinks you meant at Aberdeen. :lol:

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

At Aberdeen? And it went to support Saints?  

That's a neat trick. 

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, shull said:

And super joy to me as I sit in my cab, probably somewhere on the Paisley Road West.

Bet you weren't super joyed when Sammy threw the ball into the net for the 4th Dons goal   :rolleyes:

Aberdeen were quicker and sharper than us and that's the difference between the teams. Our midfield is over run and questions are being asked about our captain Stephen McGinn. I thought he was below par yesterday and when replaced by Cammy we had a bit more energy about us. I genuinely wonder if our poor form is about our key players not being up to the requirements of this league?

1 minute ago, dani bongo said:

Aberdeen were quicker and sharper than us and that's the difference between the teams. Our midfield is over run and questions are being asked about our captain Stephen McGinn. I thought he was below par yesterday and when replaced by Cammy we had a bit more energy about us. I genuinely wonder if our poor form is about our key players not being up to the requirements of this league?

Very much this. Some of the big players have been short of a yard...not sure if it’s fitness or confidence.

Squad is weaker that the same point last year. Take Kirkpatrick as an example, bombed out last season and most thought he’d have been on his way, but now finds himself on the bench.

Didn’t make the game. The positive is that we seemed to create a few chances. Hopefully the International break allows time to work on being a unit...

6 hours ago, renfrew said:

Bet you weren't super joyed when Sammy threw the ball into the net for the 4th Dons goal   :rolleyes:

Not seen anything of the match yet.

Got Sportscene recorded , will watch tomorrow night.

Nothing more to say about Sammy.

Never joyous when my Team loses any goal.

12 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Very much this. Some of the big players have been short of a yard...not sure if it’s fitness or confidence.

Squad is weaker that the same point last year. Take Kirkpatrick as an example, bombed out last season and most thought he’d have been on his way, but now finds himself on the bench.

Didn’t make the game. The positive is that we seemed to create a few chances. Hopefully the International break allows time to work on being a unit...

Pretty obvious S McGinn is carrying a injury it's time he was given time to heal. 

Pretty obvious S McGinn is carrying a injury it's time he was given time to heal. 

Whys he playing if he’s injured?

We have experienced Premiership midfielder McShane sitting on the bench. While McGinn (injured apparently) strolls around the middle of the park doing nothing.

If he is injured he needs to get himself out the team. Even if he isn’t injured he should be dropped. He’s doing us or himself absolutely no favours by playing.

Just now, TopCat said:

We have experienced Premiership midfielder McShane sitting on the bench. While McGinn (injured apparently) strolls around the middle of the park doing nothing.

If he is injured he needs to get himself out the team. Even if he isn’t injured he should be dropped. He’s doing us or himself absolutely no favours by playing.

Similar stories were peddled to excuse Thommo in his last season when he was quite clearly mentally and physically done. (or shite, depending how you see it)

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Going by Saturdays performance most of the team are carrying an injury. <_<

I thought we did alright up until Aberdeen's 1st goal, but after that it was game over. Hamill going off injured definitely didn't help our cause.

Unfortunately just now , it looks like we'll lose every game if we concede the first goal. 

Just now, munoz said:

I thought we did alright up until Aberdeen's 1st goal, but after that it was game over. Hamill going off injured definitely didn't help our cause.

Unfortunately just now , it looks like we'll lose every game if we concede the first goal. 

I agree, we looked ok, never really looked like scoring but were in the game.

The players really, and questions have been asked throughout this season, have to look at themselves.

Stubs was used as a reason they threw in the towel, what's the excuse now? 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I agree, we looked ok, never really looked like scoring but were in the game.

The players really, and questions have been asked throughout this season, have to look at themselves.

Stubs was used as a reason they threw in the towel, what's the excuse now? 

To be fair I thought we looked better 2nd half,  but maybe that was more down to Aberdeen rather than us.

I don't think they are throwing in the towel - I think we just don't have any real game changers in the team. I hoped Adam Hamill was going to be that.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

To be fair I thought we looked better 2nd half,  but maybe that was more down to Aberdeen rather than us.

I don't think they are throwing in the towel - I think we just don't have any real game changers in the team. I hoped Adam Hamill was going to be that.

For me it's midfield where our problem lies there are too many creative players in there and not enough diggers as Gus McPherson called Murray. This is the area needing attention. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

For me it's midfield where our problem lies there are too many creative players in there and not enough diggers as Gus McPherson called Murray. This is the area needing attention. 

Basically what I was saying. 

With Hamill now looking like he'll be missing for a lengthy spell,  who do we have as a creative spark in the team? 

28 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I agree with you can see S McGinn putting himself forward to play even in crushes for the cause.  Oran needs to make a decision to let McGinn recover to full fitness.  

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

There's plenty of terms that could be used but on Saturday we disappeared after the first goal went in.

I actually said to one of the group I was with around the 30 minute mark we could well get a draw if we can get to half time still at 0-0.

We create next to nothing going forward, can't compete in midfield and we are powder puff in defence. 

Confidence will be low we need a bit of luck, anything to change the mood and quick.