A disaster in the making?

stlucifer

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

How will it be a disaster? 

4 sets of Fans in the City Centre is going to be interesting.

Maybe the Polis will just tell the fans of the 2 early teams to go straight home after the match.

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's hardly a disaster.

There is a question mark at the end of the title but it is my opinion that this COULD lead to a massive problem.

The first semi might end up with extra time and penalties reducing the time between the two games.

IF Newco lose their fans could be in the vicinity of Hampden when the Celtic fans are arriving. It would only take a few idiots to cause trouble which Could escalate.

ETA. That's not even taking into consideration the other two sets of fans. There's no love lost between any of them.

Edited by stlucifer

8 minutes ago, HSS said:

4 sets of Fans in the City Centre is going to be interesting.

Maybe the Polis will just tell the fans of the 2 early teams to go straight home after the match.

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

There is a question mark at the end of the title but it is my opinion that this COULD lead to a massive problem.

The first semi might end up with extra time and penalties reducing the time between the two games.

IF Newco lose their fans could be in the vicinity of Hampden when the Celtic fans are arriving. It would only take a few idiots to cause trouble which Could escalate.

ETA. That's not even taking into consideration the other two sets of fans. There's no love lost between any of them.

I think HSS's point is more of a possible issue than any serious trouble around Hampden.

Even with extra time etc there's a big enough gap to allow fans to disperse before the next sets of fans start to turn up.

There's always a few wallopers who are intent on trouble but I don't think a "disaster" is in the making here. 

PS Not EVERY football fan feels the need to go to the pub before or after a football match. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I think HSS's point is more of a possible issue than any serious trouble around Hampden.

Even with extra time etc there's a big enough gap to allow fans to disperse before the next sets of fans start to turn up.

There's always a few wallopers who are intent on trouble but I don't think a "disaster" is in the making here. 

PS Not EVERY football fan feels the need to go to the pub before or after a football match. :lol:

Last time I had a drink before a Match was in the Knox Street Social Club in 1981 just before we jumped on the Bus for an away match. 

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

It's been decided that both semi finals for the league cup will be played in the same venue, on the same day.

Even with the possible 6 hour time difference, and it may be even less than that, I think this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Whilst falling short of a disaster in the making,  it does mean that there will be 4 sets of around 25,000 fans in the city on the same day with matches hours apart. 

This obviously  creates opportunities for mischief.  A secondary issue is whether the pitch can handle 2 games on the same day. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Clearly you miss out the middleman and avoid going to both the pub and the match. 

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:

It's been decided that both semi finals for the league cup will be played in the same venue, on the same day.

Even with the possible 6 hour time difference, and it may be even less than that, I think this is a disaster waiting to happen.

We'll be safe, just avoid Glasgow.

Edited by pod

7 minutes ago, shull said:

Well, Hearts and Dons fans , do something about it.

Don't fecking go.

Don't buy tickets

Get together and feck the SPFL and the Bigots.

Stand up for your Clubs.

Even time for the Clubs to boycott also.

No pointless Statements,

Fecking action.

Screw Sevco & Celtic 

Why? 

Why ? Because as I said ,that’s my opinion ! [emoji849]

If you want me to expand on my opinion, couple of reasons . because of the potential for travel difficulties the visiting fans ( and some Septic ones ) will experience.

50000 people leaving Hampden at any time can be a pain in the arse, for those who choose public transport , especially from Edinburgh and more importantly back there, your options on a Sunday night at that time are limited. Hope Scotrail aren’t planning my the normal weekend engineering works .

Should the game go to E.T & penalties these problems will get worse.

Shouldn’t we be trying to encourage events like this to be family events like our experience was in 2013 ? Can’t see many maw, paw & weans who will fancy this set up.

Guest TPAFKATS

The SPFL show the contempt they have for fans in Scotland.
Deciding to make Aberdeen play the early game when the first train on a Sunday from Aberdeen doesn't arrive in Queen Street until after the match has kicked off shows a particularly high level of f**kwittery.