A disaster in the making?

stlucifer

25 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
What other options did the SFA have? 

Could they have played one game each weekend?

Reading what Hearts had to say, this sounded like an option.  I think Hearts are scheduled to play Celtic at home on the Saturday after the Semi. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Not sure as this would mean postponing league games. 
A knock on effect? 
I originally though the Monday night? 
Don't think they wanted to do that as 2 teams would've complained at playing a semi on a Monday night and there's also a midweek round of fixtures that week.

The planning of it is a shambles, it's not beyond the realms of possibilities that 2 teams make both the Europa league and league Cup semi. To sandwich the semis between a Europa league week and a midweek round of premiership games is a nonsense which the SPFL are entirely responsible.

One day a decision will be made in Scottish football, people will not moan about it in their thousands and I will die of shock in response.

I would give a kidney to see appearing Saints in another one.

WGAF about the times.

Scotrail and the bus companies will put on extra transport if needed.

Just stop whining about it FFS.

What is it about this f**king country and the need to see nothing but negatives in everything?

The venues and times are decided. Just get on with it!

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

One day a decision will be made in Scottish football, people will not moan about it in their thousands and I will die of shock in response.

WGAF about the times.

What is it about this f**king country and the need to see nothing but negatives in everything?

But, but, what about the disaster? :wink:

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

WGAF about the times.

Like it or not, they are going to have to get on with it. I do feel a bit for the Aberdeen fans with such an early kick off. But...would I get up early and go to the match if we were in similar circumstances?  Yes (unlike some).

Guest TPAFKATS
Like it or not, they are going to have to get on with it. I do feel a bit for the Aberdeen fans with such an early kick off. But...would I get up early and go to the match if we were in similar circumstances?  Yes (unlike some).
They treat fans like shit, cos they know they will keep turning up anyway. Especially for semis and finals.

Good luck if you decide to go to the game on the train then. It arrives in Glasgow 14 minutes after the game has kicked off ..... then of course you have to get to mount Florida, enter the ground etc, what a great family day out ! [emoji57]

27 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Good luck if you decide to go to the game on the train then. It arrives in Glasgow 14 minutes after the game has kicked off ..... then of course you have to get to mount Florida, enter the ground etc, what a great family day out ! emoji57.png

CG. The whole post said that I had sympathy with the Aberdeen fans. I think better arrangements could have been made.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Good luck if you decide to go to the game on the train then. It arrives in Glasgow 14 minutes after the game has kicked off ..... then of course you have to get to mount Florida, enter the ground etc, what a great family day out ! emoji57.png

The solution to this is not to get the train.

9 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The SPFL show the contempt they have for fans in Scotland.
Deciding to make Aberdeen play the early game when the first train on a Sunday from Aberdeen doesn't arrive in Queen Street until after the match has kicked off shows a particularly high level of f**kwittery.

I'm always baffled when train times are brought up in relation to these games. If there's not a convenient train for your trip, don't get one.

Even for a Saturday 3pm kick off, there's only one train every hour or so from Aberdeen with limited capacity.  It's not very convenient then either.

The way it's talked about, you'd think there are thousands of fans desperate to somehow squeeze into a four carriage train.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Extra trains and buses will be laid on if needed. The clubs involved have to stop bloody moaning long enough to talk to the companies involved.

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm always baffled when train times are brought up in relation to these games. If there's not a convenient train for your trip, don't get one.
Even for a Saturday 3pm kick off, there's only one train every hour or so from Aberdeen with limited capacity.  It's not very convenient then either.
The way it's talked about, you'd think there are thousands of fans desperate to somehow squeeze into a four carriage train.
They have scheduled a game when there isn't a train service available. That's a lot different to there's a train every hour.
Your solution of if there's no suitable train don't get one suggests you might work at the SPFL.

23 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

They have scheduled a game when there isn't a train service available. That's a lot different to there's a train every hour.
Your solution of if there's no suitable train don't get one suggests you might work at the SPFL.

It suggests that there are other options and that there being no train isn't a catastrophe and shouldn't be made out to be one. You can quite easily get to the game from Aberdeen without getting the train.

Guest TPAFKATS
It suggests that there are other options and that there being no train isn't a catastrophe and shouldn't be made out to be one. You can quite easily get to the game from Aberdeen without getting the train.
Don't think it's a catastrophe.
You can get a supporters bus or drive or get a city link style bus (if one leaves early enough to get into Glasgow for 11am on a Sunday?).
Given that not everyone drives, wants to drive that distance and time and you are encouraged not to drive to hampden that kinda leaves supporters bus as the main option. Again not sure I would class that as easy.

Game is already live on TV and will be near to a sell out if not sold out so the guys running Scottish football will continue to treat fans as an afterthought as opposed to customers.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Don't think it's a catastrophe.
You can get a supporters bus or drive or get a city link style bus (if one leaves early enough to get into Glasgow for 11am on a Sunday?).
Given that not everyone drives, wants to drive that distance and time and you are encouraged not to drive to hampden that kinda leaves supporters bus as the main option. Again not sure I would class that as easy.

Game is already live on TV and will be near to a sell out if not sold out so the guys running Scottish football will continue to treat fans as an afterthought as opposed to customers.

So if it's near to or is a sell out, that means fans that want to get there can get there.

We live in a small country but the way folk go on it's as if fans are being subjected to an incredible voyage.

Look at some of the journeys in England every week. I expect train times aren't considered when those fixtures are produced.

Guest TPAFKATS
So if it's near to or is a sell out, that means fans that want to get there can get there.
We live in a small country but the way folk go on it's as if fans are being subjected to an incredible voyage.
Look at some of the journeys in England every week. I expect train times aren't considered when those fixtures are produced.

It's the timing not the length of the journey. Aberdeen fans make this length of journey for most away games.
When it comes to transport and infrastructure its not that small a country, esp when you leave the central belt.
Actually train times and travelling are taken into account in England most of the time.

Guest TPAFKATS
Extra trains and buses will be laid on if needed. The clubs involved have to stop bloody moaning long enough to talk to the companies involved.
I'd expect Aberdeen will be talking to the bus companies and scotrail.
Scotrail have already stated they only found out about the timing of this came through twitter so obviously the SPFL weren't talking to them.
Also, given that scotrail staff are currently voting on strike action regarding having to work on their rest days I wouldn't be so sure that they will be willing or able to put on extra trains early on a Sunday.

25 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'd expect Aberdeen will be talking to the bus companies and scotrail.
Scotrail have already stated they only found out about the timing of this came through twitter so obviously the SPFL weren't talking to them.
Also, given that scotrail staff are currently voting on strike action regarding having to work on their rest days I wouldn't be so sure that they will be willing or able to put on extra trains early on a Sunday.

Bet they do.